Friday, 29 March 2013

bareMinerals make-up review.

Hey guys :) for those of you who read my last blog I'm sure you'll be pleased to know that the nail stickers are still going strong! They haven't peeled off yet.. but I think I will take them off tomorrow night and start something new for the Easter Bank Holiday weekend. Another night out, a new nail design!

Okay, so lets get back to business and focus on today's post. Today I'm going to tell you my thoughts on bareMineral's foundation powder. I've spent ages looking for the perfect foundation. I have a mass of freckles across my cheeks which get even worse in the summer months and my skin tends to be slightly oily, so I want something thats not too heavy, yet gives good coverage.

There’s a constant battle for us girls who want flawless skin, as we have to use heavy liquid foundations to cover the freckles and random spots that Mother Nature often blesses us with. This results in having more spots because our skin can’t breathe as we have to use heavy foundation! It really is a vicious cycle.

Having used the likes of Chanel and Estee Lauder double wear, I felt it was time to try something new and had heard good things about bareMinerals. I was very sceptical - how would a powder foundation give me the perfect coverage I wanted? I was offered a free make-over in Debenhams in Cardiff so decided to take up the offer!

Firstly, the lady prepped my skin with some skin care products including a cleanser, toner and moisturiser. I think it's sooo important to make sure your skin is ready for make-up and a cleanser is the ideal way to do this. However, lets get back to the post!

My skin was then prepped with bareMinerals' Prime Time primer, whih makes the skin an even tone and ensures the powder stays on all day. It felt so nice and smooth and my skin felt really soft afterwards and was noticably smoother. Then, she colour-matched my skin with the right shade of foundation and then with a Full Flawless Application powder brush she almost buffed it onto my skin. Using circular motions the powder was buffed all over my face and then using a smaller concealer brush the same powder was used applied to the skin in areas that needed it more - under the eyes and where there were those nasty little blemishes.

It's safe to say I was impressed. My skin looked flawless. My freckles were non-existant and there were no traces of blemishes. I couldn't believe that a powder could give me such amazing coverage! I seriously was so pleased. The foundation was then teamed with some bronzer, or bareMinerals warmth using a smaller angled warmth brush and applied around my t-zone and chin area, then a pink shade of blusher and followed by the bareMinerals' Mineral Veil. This mineral veil acts as a finishing powder.. It sets the make-up and blends all three elements - foundation, bronzer and blusher - together, giving an even, polished look.


The Starter Kit - £50.00


I proceeded to buy the bareMinerals Starter Kit for £50. You may think this is quite expensive on a student budget but the Starter Kit included a full size foundation, a bronzer and Mineral Veil. It also comes with a bareMinerals Prime Time primer, along with award winning brushes; the powder brush, “Angled” bronzer brush, and a small concealer brush. Bought separately these would cost £136, with the powder alone costing £25. I think it’s safe to say that this is most definitely a bargain!

It's been six weeks since I bought the Starter Kit and the kit is still going strong. I used to have to change my foundation every month to six weeks because I would just go through it sooooo quickly and lets face it, foundation isn't cheap! But this has lasted so well! Even though its only a powder it lasts for hours and I don't feel the need to reapply it often at all. I really do love this foundation and would seriously recommend it! I would say that for nights out it wouldnt be enough coverage for me.. But wearing a heavy foundation once in a while is okay I guess!


A close-up of my skin with the foundation powder


And changes to my skin? I have seen my skin has become clearer since using the powder. My skin feels a lot smoother and where I used to have a few blemishes here and there, I now only get the odd one when I'm tired or run-down. Seriously girls, you have to get your hands on this - its a miracle worker! Your skin will definitely thank you for it.

What sorts of foundation do you like? Are there any you could recommend?

Lots of love,
Jessie. xo

34 comments:

  1. I swear by bare minerals, literally love it!
    Looks so good on you!
    Would love to follow each other on bloglovin.
    Just comment on my blog and I always follow back.
    Lots of love from London.
    Love G xx

    www.supercalafashionistic.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's brilliant! Aw thank you :-)
      Yes definitely, I will take a look at your blog!
      xxx

      Delete
  2. Bare Minerals is such a good brand, really like this post too! Thanks for sharing

    There's a YSL Lipstick to be won over at my blog if you would like to enter? x

    ..F A S H E R N A B L Y - L A T E..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you! I love it :)
      Oh yes i definitely will enter xx

      Delete
  3. hi! just found your blog and really like it! wanna follow each other? :) let me know I will follow you back for sure!! :) B.

    http://giallotulipano.blogspot.cz/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you :) thats very kind of you!
      Yes shall follow you now hun x

      Delete
  4. This is such a great and informative review hun! I am definitely sold on the powder now haha! <3

    I am running an International Giveaway on my blog now, and I'd love it if you enter for the chance to win Chanel Lipstick and some Maybelline goodies! :))

    XO,
    http://www.rosychicc.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, you should defo give it a try! :) oh wow I'd love to enter.. Thanks for letting me know! xxx

      Delete
  5. Hi Jessie, I love this products as well, such a perfect on your honey. beautifully, thank you for a lovely comment on my blog, and yes, lets do follow each other to keep in touch, I followed you first, GFC, bloglovin, could you please, lets me know after you followed me dolly. kisses

    http://www.attraction2fashion.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks lovely :) I've followed you back! XOX

      Delete
  6. Great post your blog is very nice I love the layout and very easy to read good photo too :D I have tried the bareminerals veil and foundation and love them however I never bought the starter pack :( but I love their products as they give good coverage and last ages xx

    www.krystelcouture.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great post! I agree, it's definitely a bargain. Nearly a third of the price! :O

    Maxine, xx
    www.beautybeatsbooks.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi dear !!
    Great post !!
    I really love your blog (:
    Would you like to follow each other?
    I'm already following u via GFC and bloglovin!
    Follow back? (:

    xx from
    http://www.heelsandroses.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much :) I've followed back! XOX

      Delete
  9. Hey I have nominated you for the Liebster Award make sure to check it outhere If you take part leave your post in my comments box would love to see what your questions are :) x

    www.krystelcouture.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  10. This looks so pretty :) love your eye make up too x

    http://Heidi-likes.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've been wanting to try the bare minerals foundation for so long! you've definately persuaded me to purchase it!
    :)
    Rachel
    xx

    http://lustslovesandmusthaves.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw that's good to hear haha! Thank you lovely xx

      Delete
  12. I've never really tried bare minerals but I've heard nothing but good stuff about them

    http://thelittlebigobsession.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You could always ask for a sample :) they're fab! xx

      Delete
  13. Having so much problems with my skin at the minute.

    Great review, really helpful!


    http://daydreamsdaisychains.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw no way :/ thank you, glad I can help :) xx

      Delete
  14. I'm a totally disaster in this field, so I believe in you!!
    Follow me on http://laviecestchic.blogspot.it
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha that's good :) will follow back fo sho! xx

      Delete
  15. I would love to try out bare minerals! It looks great on!

    www.studdedkisses.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. I've always wanted to try Bare Minerals! Thank yuu for the review :)

    Hayfa
    http://chic-and-cliche.blogspot.com/
    http://twitter.com/HayfaMk

    ReplyDelete
  17. I really want to try bareminerals, I've heard great things :)
    x

    ReplyDelete
  18. great review
    you've got such a lovely complexion
    You really do have a lovely blog, just stumbled across it now

    Would you like to follow each other via GFC and bloglovin’?
    If so let me know and I’ll follow you right back

    My blog is a fashion/lifestyle blog!

    Speak soon,
    Have a lovely day
    Much Love,
    Kate xo

    www.and-kate.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. this is such an amazing post with so much inspiration!
    i use bareminerals and the foundation powder is just the best,
    i love your eyes, they are sooo beautiful hunny!
    Hope you're having a great weekend! thanks for sharing!

    I have been following you for a long while now on bloglovin and I adore your style! if you like we can follow each other on bloglovin :)
    let me know!
    STYLE DECORUM

    ReplyDelete
  20. Very wonderful review! I always wanted to try bare minerals.

    classypeach.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

CUSTOM BLOG DESIGN BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS