Tuesday, 26 March 2013

nail art #1.

Hey guys! So pleased to have had some lovely responses to the blog so far :) and very excited to finally get writing about some beauty products and not just rambling on about random things. I was also wondering if anyone could help me? How do I get my INSTAGRAM on the side bar there? Still new to the blogging scene so may need some help from time to time haha!

So, I'm going on a night out tomorrow night and I always have to make sure my nails look good. Is it just me who doesn't feel completely ready for a night out unless their nails are looking perfect?

I've had acrylic nails for a while now but recently removed them as I find them hard to type with and with a huge amount of essays to be getting on with for university I thought it would be easier to just stick to the nail paint. The only things is, I'm terrible at painting my nails. I put it on and within minutes its chipped or cracked.. And working in bars doesn't help either, as my hands are constantly in water when washing glasses and cleaning.

I came across these nail stickers and had to give them a go! They were only £1.00 and can be found in Primark. Now I am sure you'll agree that's such a bargain considering I normally pay around £30 - £40 for salon perfect nails!



I started by removing my old nail varnish and buffing my nails to get them nice and shiny. For this I would seriously recommend the nail buffer block from The Body Shop. It's fabulous! It is so easy to use - just follow the 1-4 steps on the buffer itself - and leaves your nails looking so shiny; it looks like you have a coat of clear nail varnish on. And at £4.00 it's a bargain that can be used again and again!

Then it's time to choose the sizes of the nail stickers. As you can see from the photo above there are plenty of sizes to choose from so you could even use these on your toes if you fancied a nice look for spring or summer whilst wearing your sandals :)

All you have to do is cut each nail into squares, peel off the plastic and then gently peel the sticker off. Be really careful as they can split quite easily.. (They are only £1 after all!) Then stick the sticker on the nail and cut around the excess material. Its that simple!


The finished result!

I love this look, I think it looks so professional and is soooo easy to do at a fraction of the price it would cost to have your nails done in a salon. I also heated mine for a few minutes with a hairdryer to set them. I think they result in a minx sort of style!

They also come in a range of different colours and designs, so girls get yourselves down to Primark and take a look at the different designs! :) You could always experiment and use nail varnish and stickers to create so many different styles! Get creative!

What do you think of this nail art? Do you have any of your own nail art ideas?
Lots of love, Jessie. xox

25 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for looking at my blog! I haven't tried nail stickers yet, but I really want to! This design is very cool, and it reminds me of a monarch butterfly!However, I am very into nail art. I've done a few posts on nail art if you wanted to get some ideas on what do to your nails!

    http://ahemitsemme.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome:) thank you.. I'll take a look at your nail art ideas now! XX

      Delete
  2. Wow these stickers look amazing..I need to try them
    http://thelittlebigobsession.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. well done, hun!
    Wanna follow each other??

    www.esraestella.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) yeah sure I'll follow you now! xx

      Delete
  4. Hey thank you for the comment on my blog :)
    Now following your blog feel free to follow back.
    Your nails look great tried to do this on my nails before didn't go well.

    pocockins.blogspot.co.uk
    Sophie
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem, thank you :) I'll follow back now! xx

      Delete
  5. I wish I had a Primark where I live! Those look so lovely, I need to try nail stickers! Xox

    Cat
    MaybeBabyXo.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww same, I have one where I'm in uni so it's not too bad :) thank you xx

      Delete
  6. Wow they look great, £1 is such a bargain. Primark is great :) I haunt tried nail wraps yet although I have been experimenting with different nail polish effects. By the way, I'm holding a giveaway (with nail wraps!) , you can check out my blog if you want x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, for £1 you can't go wrong! :) They're so easy to apply.. I'll defo check it out :) thank you xx

      Delete
  7. Wow they look fab!! Really want to test these out for Friday night now!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. hey dear! i just came across your blog and it's amazing! wanna follow each other?let me know!xxx

    http://precious-precious-love.blogspot.it/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey thanks for visiting my blog..Love your nail sticker's tutorial. Got the L'Oreal gold snakeskin nail stickers last week but was not able to file them down properly so that the ends look smooth. Great tips here. I've joined your site. Do follow me back too.

    http://feistyfoxdiaries.blogspot.in/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :-) I've followed you back! xxx

      Delete
  10. You've made a great job of these, I do Minx nails and know how fiddly they can be and I'm super impressed they're Primark! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you :) I love minx.. cant wait to have some over the summer! I know, I couldn't believe it! Haha xx

      Delete
  11. This looks amazing, love the pattern! x

    underbluelights.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  12. Definately going to Primark for nice nail wraps, they look so good on your nails!
    Love Karen xoxo

    www.trendymetrendyyou.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

CUSTOM BLOG DESIGN BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS