Friday, 12 April 2013

crazy for coral!

Hey guys and gals :) hope you're all doing well. I'm going back to university on Sunday (boohoo!) but only three weeks left and then exams and I'm done! All exams finished by June and I can finally relax. I can't believe how fast this first year at uni has gone. Having wanted to quit after a few weeks because I missed home so much I'm very pleased that I've survived. We've had emails today about choosing our options for second year! It's so scary how fast time goes, and also worrying as I don't know whether I will get a job at the end of this degree or end up working in a pub all my life! What do you girls studying or who have finished studies think about the employment situation after uni? Let me know!

Anyway, that's enough rambling from me! Let's get back to today's blog post which consists of a recent mini-haul of mine. I seriously have to stop shopping - my card declined the other day! - but we get our loans in on Monday so it's not all bad. Who needs books when you can buy clothes ey?

As most of you shopaholics will know the shops are now filled to the brim with gorgeous spring/summer items in bright pretty colours - at last! I'm sick of all the black and grey and darkness that winter brings to the fashion scene, so couldn't help splashing out on some coral items when I hit the shops this week!


Coral wedged heels - Miss Selfridge - £42
Coral hand bag - River Island - £18
Coral crop top - River Island - £20

As soon as I saw those wedges I was instantly in love! Wedges are my fave type of heel as they are so comfy and I can wear them for a night out on the tiles without waking up the next day in complete agony feeling as though my toes have been amputated. I love the creative wedge style on these and the colour is so bright and spring-like! Wedges are also something which can be easily dressed up or down and go with pretty much anything. I am in love with these shoes!

I had the shoes sorted so then went on the hunt to find the perfect bag and found this beauty at River Island. It can be worn as a clutch bag on nights out but also comes with a strap so you can wear it off the shoulder if you don't like carrying your bag around everywhere! It's also a reasonable size so I was able to fit in my purse, phone, make-up and even an umbrella for a night out - perfect!

I wasn't planning on buying anything else but couldn't resist this crop top from RI also. Crop tops and midi skirts are all the rage at the moment and having just found a black midi skirt I thought I could spruce it up and add a bit of colour to my outfit with this crop top. It also has a gold zip on the back which is quite a cute feature, although I am worried some drunken idiot will come behind me and unzip it - some people are so stupid. For only £20 it is something that can be worn with many different outfits, and ideal for when I go abroad to Ibiza in June! I love it :)

So there you have my most recent haul :) what do you all think of these items?
Lots of love from,

19 comments:

  1. Great choices! I love the wedges and the bag and the colour is just gorgeous x

    ReplyDelete
  2. The clutch is cute <3 By the way you've got stunning eyes! :)

    Yours
    zimtkringel.blogspot.de

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello lovely, I've nominated you for the Liebster blog award. You can find it here:
    http://beautybeatsbooks.blogspot.co.uk/2013/04/fourth-liebster-blog-award.html
    If you do it, please leave me the link!

    Maxine, xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yaay! Thanks love, i'll let you know when I get round to it! :) xx

      Delete
  4. Lovely blog! Now following you, you can check out my blog and follow back on GFC or Bloglovin' if you wish(:

    -Athenaxo
    modestlysophisticated.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) will defo follow back! xx

      Delete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just stumbled across your blog, and it's just lovely!
    Absolutely love the wedges too!

    Pop over to my blog - if you want to follow me that would be great and i'll follow back!
    www.bloosieslife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much :) I will definitely give you a follow! xx

      Delete
  7. Love these items!!
    xx
    http://aimerose.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love those coral pieces! GOod choices! We’re now following you via gfc :)

    Hope you visit us and follow back if you like!
    http://stylebythree.blogspot.com/
    Facebook
    Win an amazing bag

    ReplyDelete
  9. lovely! would you like to follow each other in gfc and bloglovin? let me know!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi dear!
    I have awarded you with Liebster award.
    Details on this link: http://nails-and-more.blogspot.com/2013/04/liebster-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the items! Such a stunning color <3
    Thank you for your sweet comment!
    Following back.

    X lisa

    www.llittleblonde.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

CUSTOM BLOG DESIGN BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS