Wednesday, 3 April 2013

fotd #1.

Hey guys! Another post from me again :) I just want to say how pleased I am with the responses to the blog so far :) had some lovely comments off some wonderful bloggers and really chuffed with them all! The blog is nearly 2 weeks old and I think it's doing well so far.. Onwards and upwards from here I say!

So as some of you may know from reading my previous blog post, I went out with the girls for Bank Holiday Sunday so I thought I would take that opportunity to share with you my FOTD - Face Of The Day. This basically means the make-up I wore that night! I thought I could give you some tips on what to buy and where to buy it! So here goes...

I'm sure you will all agree apart from what you're actually wearing, your make-up is an essential part to any outfit. Looking clean and fresh faced on a night out is a must! Can't stand seeing girls looking like they've been dragged through a make-up shop backwards with orange fake tan and black slugs as eye-lashes! The fake look is not a good look in my opinion! I'm not gonna lie and say I don't use fake tan or wear lashes, I just try and keep them as natural as possible. Below is everything I wore on Sunday night on my face.



Now, I agree there is a lot of make up there, but I seriously think if you want to go out with a flawless face that doesn't come off whilst dancing and get cruuunk all night then you need to build your make-up up and choose the right products to do that. I promise you when I'm done I don't end up looking like a clown! I just use these to give a natural, flawless complexion. Lets take a look at each item closely.


Face Items

1. Clinique Anti-Blemish Foundation - As most of you know I'm an avid bareMinerals user, but I feel that I need a little extra coverage on a night out. I use this Clinique liquid foundation as I feel it gives a good coverage and is a little darker than my natural skin colour so blends in with my fake tan. I used to use this as my every day foundation back in the summer (when I was more tanned!) but it was waaay too heavy and made my skin very oily, so now I only use it every now and again on nights out. This way I get a heavier coverage and avoid the blemishes!

2. Body Shop Foundation Brush - I love this brush, it give such a good even coverage. Girls, it really is essential that you use a brush when applying foundation. Applying it with your fingers just gives a blotchy, uneven coverage and in most cases you end up with more foundation on your hands than on your face. Use this brush in a downwards motion as every one has fine hairs on their face and if you brush upwards you will end up with an uneven finish.

3. Benefit High Beam - Next I use the Benefit High Beam under my eyes to get rid of dark circles. Using a lighter liquid around the eye area brightens your eyes and makes them stand out. I love this product. I've had it for ages and you hardly need to use any to create a wide-eyed look. A must have girls!

4. Bare Mineral's Powders and Brushes - I use the bareMinerals Bronzer and Mineral Veil to give some warmth to the skin and then to set the make-up completely. These two used together give a natural glow to the skin I find.

5. Benefit Bella Bamba Blusher - On my skin tone (fairly pale unfortunately) I find that pink and peaches look better for blusher than tanned. They give me a more natural rosy look and this blusher is my all time favourite! You can add a little in the day for a soft look or build it up on nights out to give you accentuated cheek bones. I love it!!


Eye Make-Up Items

1. The Body Shop Super Volume Mascara - Next its time for eye make up, my favourite part of my face to work on! I always apply my mascara first to brighten up my eye. This super volume mascara is brilliant if you have long lashes but want thicker ones! Apply it once, leave it to nearly dry, and apply it again to gain uber volumised lashes!

2. MUA Eye Shadow Palette - I recently bough this for only £4 in Superdrug; what a baragain! It really is amazing. It has such a variety of colours and I think they look really vibrant on the skin. I mixed together various shades to create a smokey eye effect! Get yourselves down to Superdrug to bag this beauty bargain!

3. Benefit Brow Zings - I love love love this item! I think eyebrows are such an important part of the face. They really do shape your whole face and can make your eyes look so much bigger and more amazing. For older ladies, they can even make your face look younger. The Brow Zings has a wax and powder and gives such a great finish. An excellent product!

4. The Body Shop Eyeliners - These eyeliners are sooo good. The Carbon Eye Definer pencil is brilliant as it stays on all night and the carbon doesn't pull or hurt the eyes. It goes on really softly in one stroke. I use the liquid eyeliner on both the bottom and top of my eyes as I like them to look dark and it contrasts well with my blue eyes. These are wonderful items and are priced at £10 each.

5. Eye Lure Fake Eye Lashes - (not included in above photo) I love Eyelure lashes. The ones I use are number 101 as they just give extra volume to my lashes and look really natural. The glue that comes with them is also good I find as my lashes stay on really well!


Lip Items

1. The Body Shop Lip Liner and Love Gloss - these are two brilliant items which last all night. The lip liner goes on smoothly and you can use this to make your lips look bigger and more defined. Then the lip gloss gives a lovely vibrant look - ideal for any season!



Well there we have it, my Going Out Look. What are your must haves in your make-up bag for a night out? Anything you can suggest I try out?

Lots of love, Jessie xox

20 comments:

  1. Looks lovely! I love Benefit's High Beam.

    Maxine, xx
    beautybeatsbooks.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the lovely comment on my blog honeey :)
    You look so nice and I like your make up.I don't usually do lots of make up and never use a foundation but I love one nice dark eye makeup.That's the basic of my daily look.And I really like your eye makeup in this.And I'll definetely try Bodyshop Eyeliner since I've been looking for a good one.Thanks for the reviews!!

    styleofozoz.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome :) aw thank you.. Yes take a look in the body shop! Love their eye make up :) xxx

      Delete
  3. You look stunning :-) I actually dont like the clinique foundations atm. When looking in a mirror with sun in the face it looks like the foundation have glitter :-(

    Following you on bloglovin
    http://www.fitspoblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you :) I know its not the best but it works for me on nights out! Too heavy for the day I think :) I'll follow you back now. Thank you x

      Delete
  4. Been looking for a good foundation brush for ages!
    Thanks for the great review!

    www.daydreamsdaisychains.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its brilliant :) ive had it ages and just wash it out! Thank you :) xx

      Delete
  5. I recently got a sample of the Anti Blemish foundation by Clinique and I love it!!

    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, it's ideal for heavy coverage :) xxxx

      Delete
  6. Hiya! I'm sorry this is irrelevant to your post however it is in the rules of this award and I love your blog and I felt you should know that I am a regular reader. I have nominated you for is the Versatile Blog Award. I hope you enjoy reading my post about it here.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ahh yes I love Bare Minerals so much! Great slew of products you've got there and you look so lovely in the photo at the bottom :) xx

    Blog: http://www.cocochicblog.co.uk
    Bloglovin: http://www.bloglovin.com/en/blog/1823055

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just came across your blog.. you look stunning! :)

    shininglikesilver.blogspot.com

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your blog it be great if we follow each other!!
    http://burstwithenvy.blogspot.co.uk/2013/04/mini-haul.html?m=0

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous!!! :) New Follower <3

    ReplyDelete

CUSTOM BLOG DESIGN BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS