Saturday, 20 April 2013

superdrug tea tree range review.

A few months back I came to the realisation of how important it is to thoroughly cleanse and look after your skin. My skin has never been too bad except for the odd break out here and there, but I never thought about how much dirt and bacteria could build up in your pores until a few months back and then decided it was important to sort out my skin care regime once and for all.

I wanted something relatively low priced as, like I said, skin care comes after all other beauty priorities in my life (although I know it should come first!) so decided to scan through my favourite drugstore Superdrug's skin care section to look for something that would suit my oily skin type. I came across Superdrug's own range of Tea Tree Skin Care and as it was on offer decided to snap up three products to try out - and I've been hooked on them ever since!



Tea Tree oil is brilliant for oily skin as it doesn't strip the skin of oil as most products do, but instead it takes out excess oil, or sebum, from the skin and replaces it with the tea tree oil. This then acts as an antibacterial and cleanses deep within the skin to prevent future break outs. I went ahead and bought the facial wash, the exfoliating cream wash and the facial scrub, and having used these for the past few months have seen a noticeable difference in my skin.

Tea Tree Facial Wash

I use this wash every day as my cleanser to wash away make up. It goes on really smooth and creamy and removes all the makeup on my skin after I massage it thoroughly. It leaves your skin feeling clean and fresh, as well as nice and soft. I use this as a cleanser in most cases and really love it.

Tea Tree Exfoliating Cream Wash

Although this is an exfoliating cream I use it daily as it is very mild; in other words, it's just an extra cleanser to insure all dirt and make-up is removed from my pores. The walnut grains used for exfoliating aren't harsh and therefore this product doesn't strip your face of it's natural oils as some cream washes do. It leaves the skin feeling fresh and the tea tree and mint gives a zing which I love, as well as a nice glowing look.

Tea Tree Facial Scrub

I absolutely love this product. I use it a few times a week, mostly every other day. It's important not to use scrubs too much as they strip the skin of their natural oils, thus making the skin create more oils, so your face gets even more oily and then those evil blemishes will appear! It becomes a vicious cycle! This scrub is quite harsh on the skin but that's what I love about it. After using it I feel as though my skin is fresh and squeaky clean. I use this especially in areas where I mostly get breakouts such as near my eye brows and on my chin and saw a considerable difference. In fact, when I had run out and had no chance to get to the shops to buy it for a few days I could feel my skin was more oily and more prone to breakouts. It's fantastic!

All in all, these are great skin care products to buy if, like me, you just want a simple and affordable routine. These are all priced at about £3 and below each and are always on offer in Superdrug so you can mix and match with a variety of products. I would seriously recommend trying them!

Have you tried these skin care products? Are there any you would recommend?
Lots of love, Jessie. xoxo

39 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete



  2. Pretty Purchases20 April 2013 23:37

    I've never tried these once but I really like tea tree products so I might give it a go!
    Especially since the're such a great price :)

    I just found your blog and followed
    I would love if you could check mine out too

    http://prettypurchases.blogspot.co.uk/

    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd definitely recommend! Ok love I will follow back :) x

      Delete
  3. Definitely going to give these a try! I had the face wash a while ago but kind of neglected it! Will give it another soon though after reading this :)
    Great post :)
    beautysplash75.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love tea tree products. I have always used the range that the body shop offers but these really look like they are much more affordable!

    http://ohjustonemore.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I worked in The Body Shop for almost three years and would say that the Superdrug one is better and at a more affordable price x

      Delete
  5. I love this range! I have the tea tree oil and the spot stick - I love them both! I really want to get the cream exfoliator now!

    I would LOVE it if you would check my blog out and maybe even follow too? :D

    http://hashtaglifeyumsigh.blogspot.co.uk/2013/04/the-notebook-hashtag-life.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have terrible skin so this looks as if it was made for me.
    I haven't had clear skin since I was 12!.
    I'm using witch at the minute from boots & that seems pretty decent,
    But I find my skin just becomes resiliant to certain washes after a while.
    Is that just me?
    Thanks for the post!

    Kelly || My Blog: Day Dreams & Daisy Chains || ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Try this one, it's brilliant! :)) Yeah mine does too, but it hasn't to this thank god! Thank you :) xx

      Delete
  7. Hey dear I really like your blog! What about following each other? Also on bloglovin, facebook and even on Lookbook if you want...just let me know :3 <3


    WIN 100 $ JEWELRY!

    www.OntoMyWardrobe.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank yoou :) I'll give you a follow now!

    ReplyDelete
  9. great blog you got here ^_^

    if interested in fashion, traveling, inspiring photos, come take a visit to my newly-opned blog:
    www.themichellec.blogspot.com

    XO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks hun, I'll check it out! I'm a sucker for inspiring photos :) x

      Delete
  10. never tried these.. but they look good! might give it a go

    lifeslikearoadwetravelon.blogspot.com
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aww you should give them a go! i love them :) xx

      Delete
  11. That's a great review my darlin <3
    You have a lovely blog what about following each other through GFC and Bloglovin? Just let me know!
    Xxx

    Carolina

    www.the-world-c.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) i will defo follow xx

      Delete
    2. Followed back hun <3
      Keep in touch!

      Delete
  12. love this pics and also your blog! It's so nice!!! ! I'm thinking, if you want, we can follow each other! It would be great!!
    http://www.borsadimarypoppins.com/
    xoxo Gloria

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you :) yes lets follow each other :D xxx

      Delete
  13. Lovely blog!
    Would you like to check my site too? Maybe we can follow each other?
    Let me know hun! I would be very happy!
    xoxo
    http://pearlinfashion.blogspot.co.at/

    ReplyDelete
  14. I have seen this range before but never thought of buying :O going to try it out now after reading this as it sounds amazing! I normally use The Body Shop Tea Tree Toner x

    www.krystelcouture.com
    Designer Dress Hire Giveaway

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've used the Body Shop Range but think this is more affordable and does a better job :) xx

      Delete
  15. Oh, I absolutely love tea tree oil. Haven't tried this stuff before though.

    Jillian - http://epic-thread.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Product looks lovely, thanks for the review!


    Charm Kindred SpiritBringing love of vintage fashion, my photography and Diy trinkets to the free spirited at heart.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Definitely going to try these out! Great Post!

    http://blueeyedb.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oeh I gonna buy! I follow you now back babe. XYas

    ReplyDelete
  19. I've not seen this range instore yet, but I love love love The Body Shop's Tea Tree Range so I'm sure I'd love this xx
    Gemma ♥ | Miss Makeup Magpie

    ReplyDelete
  20. so cute!!

    xx

    Laura

    http://www.pursesandi.net

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love the face scrub its the only one I use.

    Sarah oxox
    http://givenmewings.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  22. The scrub sounds great might have to give it a go
    Kirsty

    Prettybugblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. OMGG thank you, I've been looking for this review I shall defo go and try it out, care to check out my blog or follow?

    http://lebeautychic.blogspot.co.uk/?m=1 x

    ReplyDelete

CUSTOM BLOG DESIGN BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS