Monday, 20 May 2013

review: maybelline colour show polka dot nail varnish.

Recently, I went on a little shopping spree. I just can't resist popping into a shop if I'm passing by, even though I should be saving money as I'm off to IBIZA in less than six weeks. I decided to have a snoop in Superdrug and headed straight to the beauty aisle (of course). I wanted to find a new funky nail varnish to wear for a night out and I came across Maybelline's Colour Show Polka Dot Nail Varnish - try saying that when you've had a few drinks!

The packaging draws you to the product, as most girls can't resist a pretty sparkly nail polish! It comes in a variety of cute colours such as pink, green, black, white and navy, and I opted for the navy shade as I wanted something different from my usual colour choices. I couldn't wait to get home and try it out and the first thing I did was remove my existing nail varnish and paint my nails. The brush is quite thick and wide and this made the application easy and quick, something that I look for in a nail varnish. The first coat gives a very light coverage and I was slightly disappointed as I had hoped it would come out looking glittery and bright. However, after just one more coat you are left with a funky, bright polka dot effect that dries almost instantly - another bonus in my book! I just hate waiting around for my nail varnish to dry and it always smudges eventually!



As you can see after just two coats you get a dazzling effect, which I love! These are so cute and can be worn with virtually any outfit. It also comes out evenly and isn't a pain to remove which I find with other glitter nail varnishes. It chips quite easily though, but I would say this is the only downfall to the product and I'm sure it would stay better if a bottom and top coat of clear nail varnish were applied also. I just couldn't wait to try it out!

So that's a thumbs up to the Maybelline Polka Dot nail varnish. What are your favourite nail varnishes at the moment?
Lots of love, Jessie. xoxox

15 comments:

  1. This looks so pretty :) I love the shade and sparkles x

    www.krystelcouture.com
    GLAMGLOW GIVEAWAY


    ReplyDelete
  2. I've got my eye on these, lets just say one will be purchased soon! Who can resist a bit of glitter x

    fabheadtotoe.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm going to get the black one next I think! I love them! xx

      Delete
  3. The glitter looks like it stands out really well on this nail polish...i might have to try it!! At the moment, I have been using Sally Hansen nail polish! IT just lasts the best from my perspective. BUT I am a Chanel nail polish horder...I have all of my main nail polish colors in Chanel. They are pricy but worth it.

    I am now follow you on bloglovin' and GFC. I would love for you to drop by my blog if you get a chance.

    Sincerely,
    STAJA

    www.sostaja.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) I don't tend to spend too much on nail polishes as I always swap them around and like to wear acrylics! Will definitely take a look! xx

      Delete
  4. It really looks 3D. Definitely can imagine suiting you too. New to your blog and love it :) New follower here ! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you :) what's your blog link? I'll take a look! xx

      Delete
  5. My favourite colour of nail polish are blues so this looks like a winner to me!

    Love the colour!

    Drop by my blog :)

    Suz xxx

    bloosieslife.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank yoou :) I'm sure you would love it then! I will do xx

      Delete
  6. Thanks for showing this product! I was actually looking at it a couple days ago but decided not to buy it (as I, like most other nail art lovers have way too many products already) but I'm way too in love with this product to go past it a second time. Lovely shots too :)

    www.debrabros.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should definitely give it a try! :) thank you xx

      Delete
    2. Thank you for following me. I just followed you back via GDC. DO you also want to follow each other via bloglovin. Please let me know.

      Btw I love your nails, great colour.

      Lots of Love from Ireland
      Ewelina
      xxx
      chiclifestyleofewelina.blogspot.com

      Delete
    3. Thank you :) yes ill follow you on bloglovin too! xxx

      Delete
  7. God, that is gorgeous nail polish! I love a good chunky sparkle! Wonder if they make this one here in the US! I just bought a Maybelline varnish and I didn't see this one, but I'll have to pop back over to the shops to take another look! x

    Megan @ Little Miss Average

    ReplyDelete

CUSTOM BLOG DESIGN BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS