Sunday, 2 June 2013

review: benefit stay flawless primer.

For those who haven't read my previous post, I went to my very first Beauty Blogging event in Bristol last week and got the chance to try Benefit's brand new 15 hour primer, Stay Flawless. It's described as a make-up magnet and acts as one, ensuring that your make-up stays on your face for up to 15 hours! I was so impressed when I heard this, and eager to try it out. Who doesn't want their make up to stay on their face for 15 hours after application?!

Here are some statistics: 97% of people who have tested the product said it enhanced their foundation's performance and improved the look of their skin and complexion. 94% said it helped their foundation last longer and increased foundation coverage. Such amazing facts! I couldn't wait to put them to the test.



Firstly, can I just say how cute is this packaging? I just love the polka dots! I firstly applied this to my hand and was impressed by how smoothly it went on, and also how much of a matte finish it gave. I didn't want a primer that would make my face shiny, and this one certainly doesn't. It isn't oily so it won't cause any break outs and can also be used as a primer for powders if you are someone who doesn't like heavy, liquid foundations. This was something that really appealed to me, as I use Bare Minerals for my every day make up and it can be used with that too! However, for those of you with dry skin this also gives moisturisation! It has Vitamin E in it - a product known for it's moisturising properties - so it really is a win win product!



We were given our own range of face products by the lovely Benefit girls and I couldn't wait to try mine out! The primer goes on so smoothly, all over your face and evens out your skin tone before applying your make-up. Stay Flawless ensures a smooth and even finish with any foundation. I have tried the Benefit Hello Flawless, Clinique and BareMinerals foundation with this new primer thus far, and it's worked a treat on my face with all of them! So, when the primer is first applied it is easy to see that it does give a flawless finish!

And the final question, does it last for 15 hours? I can say that... it does! I've used the primer for the last week and have been for a day of shopping, a day of work and a night out to name a few occasions, and my make up has remained in tact throughout! I was really impressed that my make-up stayed on without looking too oily after a day of working in a pub as usually it starts to look a bit greasy by the end of my shift. This really is a miracle worker! I love it.

I would definitely recommend this product to other beauty bloggers and anyone looking for a new primer. It really does what it says on the tin. It is launching on June 29th 2013 and will be selling for £24.50* (* recommended retail price). I will definitely be using this primer from now on!

Not convinced? Take a look at Benefit's blog with an exclusive post from Head Make Up Artist, Lisa. She shows how well the Stay Flawless worked on her face after a full days work!

What is your favourite primer? Will you be purchasing this product?
Lots of love, Jessie. xoxo

21 comments:

  1. I have been looking for a new primer for ages, thank you! I own many Benefit products myself, I especially love the highlighter High Beam it looks great with bronzer at this time of year!
    I'm a student and blogger in Bristol at the moment, how did you get invited to that event?

    Love your blog!

    theenglishdaydreamer.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heey! Aw thank you :) I like the high beam too.. I have way too many products! I was actually emailed to this event, but if you follow make up brands on twitter they often say when there are events on.. Only thing is a lot of them are in London. xxx

      Delete
  2. I love Benefit products so I am really eager to give this a try - especially after your positive review!
    the-creationofbeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post lovely! I LOVE the foundation so I must try the primer! I'll be definitely getting it, thank you for sharing! <33

    Andrea | RosyChicc

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been meaning to try out a few benefit products recently, so thanks to your review, i will definitely be purchasing this primer! Thankyou (:

    sophielovestoblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No worries, I use most of the products so any advice, just ask :) x

      Delete
  5. I really went off Benefit for a while because I'm allergic to their mascara and the foundation gave me spots which I was so disappointed about because I love Benefit! The packaging is lovely and the whole vibe of it is unique. I may however try this primer as I've heard great things about it and as you said, the packaging is SO cute!

    Sofia, xo

    SofiaAdrianaSpace.blogspot.co.uk
    Twitter:SofiaTrigiani

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh that's strange! I don't use their foundation as it shows all my pores :( but use pretty much everything else. :) xx

      Delete
  6. Instagram sent me here! Love benefit, must give this a go , I'm on the hunt for a primer x

    beautylifemichelle.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yaay! :) yes its a definite! Amazing xx

      Delete
  7. This looks really good...I'm a bit worried because the Hello Flawless foundation broke me out, but I'd really like to try this! xxx

    100 Follower Giveaway: Essie, Urban Decay, Soap & Glory, Lush!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't get on with the foundation either but this is brilliant :) xxx

      Delete
  8. This looks so good! i currently use the Stila Primer and I love it :)

    Amina ∞ Oh Just One More

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is awesome:) I haven't heard of that one xx

      Delete
  9. WOw!
    I havent heard about this until now

    http://www.betzysmakeup.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's only just launched! Will be out 29th June:) x

    ReplyDelete
  11. I can't wait to try this!

    Jodie x
    www.retrococktail.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  12. Established transportation infrasctructure for a plethora
    of lifestlye, dining and entertainment.the interlace condo

    ReplyDelete
  13. I currently use the Bobbi Brown moisturizer with built in primer and I absolutely adore it! My makeup doesn't budge all day! However, this Benefit primer is definitely better on the budget, so I might want to give this a try when I've finished up with the other! And if it really does give good moisture, that's all the better! x

    Megan @ Little Miss Average

    ReplyDelete

CUSTOM BLOG DESIGN BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS