Friday, 21 June 2013

review: shellac permanent nail polish.

How many of you girls love having freshly painted nails, but hate painting them yourself? I am one of these girls! I cannot stand going out without fresh, non-chipped nails, but am absolutely useless at painting them myself. I'm so impatient when it comes to letting them dry that I nearly always smudge them, and they chip within a few hours which drives me crazy! So, for a special treat to myself after finishing my exams I decided to go and have my nails done in my local salon. I normally have acrylic extensions, but they've left my nails feeling weak and looking stained, so I opted for Shellac - a permanent nail varnish with strengthening properties! And here is my review..


Photo taken on DAY #1 of Shellac application.


As you can see I chose a bright neon pink, and some cute little flower stickers on my ring finger. I was really impressed with the application as you can see it looks glossy, bright and shiny. I paid £20 for Shellac, which I think is quite a bargain considering acrylic extensions, which stain and damage the nails, cost at least £40. I expected the flowers to fall off almost instantly and was expecting chipped nails within a week.


Photo taken on DAY #14 of Shellac application.


And here we are two weeks later! Shellac completely intact, with the flowers still there! I was really, really impressed. The only change is that my nails have grown - you can see this at the bottom of the nail - which shows how Shellac enhances your nails' health! I love it :) it's the perfect thing for me! I can't wait to go and have them done again! You can get so many bright colours and designs, and I seriously think it's worth £20.

Have you ever had Shellac? What are your thoughts?
Lots of love, Jessie. xoxo

6 comments:

  1. Wow chellac is pretty amazing!

    Cat

    dropsoffashionthread.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's great! I never considered shellac because I usually paint my nails (I really love it) but I think I shall give it a try!
    I hope it will be so price friendly in Italy too...

    Alice in WonderNails
    Alice on Facebook

    ReplyDelete
  3. So beautiful summer's color!. I've missed you on my blog:) plz welcome to check out the new look:)

    kiss!

    http://www.attraction2fashion.com

    ReplyDelete

CUSTOM BLOG DESIGN BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS