Sunday, 9 June 2013

top 5 make-up musthaves.

I would have to say when it comes to shopping I always head straight to the clothes shops rather than make-up or drugstores. I have an obsession with buying clothes which just won't go away, but when it comes to make-up I tend to just buy things I really need when it comes to face products. Below is a photo of my holy grail make-up products.. the products I really can't go a day without!



1. bareMinerals Powder Foundation - This is seriously the best foundation I have ever used with regards to my skin. It stays on all day, it looks natural and it doesn't break me out or clog up by skin as it's simply a powder. It gives really good coverage regardless of it's substance. I love it and would recommend it to everyone. You can see my full review here.

2. Benefit Brow Zings - Since I started work in the Body Shop a few years ago I realised how much of a different pencilling in your eyebrows makes to a face. It shapes your whole face and can make your eyes look bigger and your features more defined. It's particularly good for older women as it makes you look younger. I previously used a Body Shop powder but had heard amazing things about Brow Zings and have never looked back. It has a waxy brown substance which you apply first, followed by a powder to set it. I absolutely love this product and would never leave the house without applying it!

3. Benefit Bella Bamba - Another Benefit product - seriously, my all time fave make-up brand - but this time it's Bella Bamba blusher. This is a really gorgeous pink colour which really suits my lighter skin tone in the winter and works well against a tan in the summer. You can apply a tiny bit and it still gives a rosy colour. I use this every day and use it with Benefit Posetint for nights out to ensure extra rosiness!

4. The Body Shop Carbon Eye Definer - I've used this ever since I started work in the Body Shop back in 2010. It seriously is the best eye liner I have used and stays on all day. It's made of carbon so glides easily on the eyes and doesn't pull or tug at them. I use black because I love having dark eye-liner and it suits my eyes better. It even comes with a smudging brush to create smoky eyes. Amazing!

5. Maybelline Rocket Launcher Mascara - The volume you get from this mascara is incredible. Volume is something I really want from mascara as my lashes are long enough anyway and this certainly gives it. The brush is quite thick so it took some time getting used to, but now I can't go a day without it. It's so good and at such a reasonable price too. You can find it in any drugstore.

So, there are my favourite products. I would add liquid eye liner and some bronzer there too if I could go over five! What are your favourite products? What can you not live without?
Lots of love, Jessie. xoxo

20 comments:

  1. I really want to try the bare minerals foundation! I love the rocket mascara too! It is amazing :)

    Rachel
    xx

    http://lustslovesandmusthaves.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. So many great products! I love Benefit too - they have amazing makeup.
    the-creationofbeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. My faves are:

    Nyx SLMC
    maybelline mascara
    celeteque moisturiser
    mac eye liner
    absolutely lovely
    www.danicastark.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't tried many of those, but will have a look for them :) thank you x

      Delete
  4. I've heard great things about bare minerals. Great post

    Cat x

    Dropsoffashionthread.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the body shot and benefit, think I might have to look into the ones you suggested! Thanks for the tip, I need a make-up makeover anyways.

    Teffy || Teffys Perks Blog

    Xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great picks! I love the rocket mascara, I always feel like a rockstar when I wear it!
    Jennifer

    http://naturewithnurture.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) yeah it is really good! xx

      Delete
  7. You have great picks
    http://www.betzysmakeup.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the rocket mascara! I haven't tried any of the others but I'll have a look for them!
    love your blog, I just followed you ♥


    dreamouutloud.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) I'll be sure to follow back x

      Delete
  9. I love bare minerals foundation, it's my everyday foundation and the only thing that doesn't break me out!
    http://thelipstickthegirlandherwardrobe.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same! It's the only one I can use without causing spots x

      Delete
  10. I love bella bamba :) such a lovely shade!
    Suz x
    Bloosieslife.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

CUSTOM BLOG DESIGN BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS