Friday, 26 July 2013

how to get hair with a bit of OOMPH.

I am one of these girls that is desperate for beautiful long locks, and is still patiently waiting for her hair to grow. Can any of you ladies relate? I've always wanted long, thick hair and it's finally decided to start growing - at last! However, another thing I want from my hair is a bit of volume. My hair tends to be quite flat to my head, and if I don't use any products I feel like it just flops over my head and drags my face down. That was until I got my hands on some wonderful products and advice to give a bit of height and bounce to my usually fine hair.

Volumising Hair Products.



These rollers from Primark are absolutely amazing. They cost £2 and do the trick perfectly! Before going on a night out wash and dry my hair, leaving it slightly damp. Then take sections of your hair and roll them up in the rollers and secure it with a hair pin. I usually put them in all through my hair but if I don't have a lot of time I just put about six on the top of my head to give me some volume at the top. Then all you do is leave them in while you do your make-up and tanning and as soon as you're ready slowly take them out of your hair and you're left with gorgeous, volumised hair! It really is that simple. Occasionally spray with hairspray to ensure extra volume and you're sorted.



The Tigi Catwalk Root Boost is such a fabulous product, one that I have used for ages. It's like a moose but not quite as foamy. After you have washed your hair spray a this on the roots and rub it in gently. It's a good idea to separate sections of your hair to ensure extra volume. Then continue to dry and style your hair as normal. It makes your roots bouncy and volumised and doesn't damage your hair or prevent you from styling your hair as you normally would. I use this before I put in my rollers for extra volume. NOTE - the product in this photo is older and it has now been rebranded and has changed packaging.



This Schwarzkopf Volumizing Styler Powder is such an awesome volumising hair product and it allows volume on the go as it is small enough to fit in your hand bag! You can buy the Got2B POWDER'ful from any drugstores for around £5. It is a powder that you add to your roots and it gives instant volume. It's brilliant for a night out but can get quite sticky and leaves your hair feeling dirty so I would only recommend it for a night out or to use it every once in a while.

Tips for Volumised Hair.


If you do not have the time, money or energy to use these products then there are plenty more ways to get volume into your locks.
1. Back combing - get sections of your hair and tease the roots but getting a thin comb or brush and gently back combing it towards the root. It does give instant volume, but can cause damage to your hair if you do it too vigorously.

2. Dry your hair in sections with a round brush - using a round brush and drying your hair in sections is really effective. It gives loads of volume and with a bit of hairspray helps achieve the look you want without the hefty price tag of volumising products. However, this one is quite time consuming and takes a lot of practice.

3. Dry your hair upside down - As bizarre as this sounds, it works! While drying your hair just hang your head upside down and roughly dry it. It leaves your hair with the ultimate oomph!

So those are my tips for volumising drab, flat hair. Do you have any great products or tips?
Lots of love, Jessie. xoxox

4 comments:

  1. OMG this is what I need. Need to go to Primark for those rollers. My hair are the same, flat. And it drives me mad. Thank you so much for those tips

    Have a great weekend
    Ewelina
    xxxxxx

    chiclifestyleofewelina.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks lovely :) those rollers are amazing and so easy to use too! xx

      Delete
  2. Hello! Thank-you for visiting my blog and leaving me a sweet comment:) I am now following you on bloglovin too..

    http://polkaanddots.blogspot.co.uk/

    Brittany, xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing post! I am about to follow you. Maybe you could head over to my blog and follow me too? PS- love the design of your blog!
    Thanks!
    www.potenital-perfection.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

CUSTOM BLOG DESIGN BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS