Sunday, 21 July 2013

review: maybelline the rocket volume express mascara.

Mascara is probably my favourite make-up item. Big, thick, long lashes are a must in my eyes - excuse the pun - and I am constantly on the look out for a brilliant mascara that gives volume without leaving your eyelashes looking clumpy or like spider's legs. I am quite lucky to have long lashes, but I always want them to look vamped up with heaps of volume and Maybelline's Rocket Volume Express Mascara certainly does the trick.



As you can see the brush is quite thick, and this does take a bit of time getting used to, but it has little spikes which are ideal for spreading out your lashes and ensuring that mascara reaches every single eyelash. I hate those mascaras that tend to clump your eyelashes together so you end up with only about 5 lashes in total, and this is the complete opposite. The thing I absolutely love about this mascara is it gives the illusion that you have millions of eyelashes and what's better is you hardly need to use any of it. This mascara has lasted me aaaages so it's great for students or those who are trying not to spend too much.



Above you can see the effect it has after just one coating of mascara. To achieve this look I place the brush right at the start of the lashes, as close to the eyelid as possible, and then zig zag my way up. This makes sure that the mascara reaches every part of your eyelashes and that it is spread evenly. For extra volume just wait for the mascara to almost dry, and then apply another layer. This gives a false lash effect, which means you also don't have to go forking out money for false eyelashes which can be pretty pricey!

Add a bit of eyeshadow and eye liner and you're done. It really is such a brilliant product to have in your make-up bag, and costs only £7.99! What a bargain! You can find this mascara in any drugstore.

What mascara do you use? Have you used Maybelline's Rocket Mascara?
Lots of love, Jessie. xoxo

11 comments:

  1. I'm trying this out yet! But I have missed views on this. Great blog post you should also try maybeline great lash mascara is also great my eyelashes are like yours leaves mine lengthy and not with clump. Please check out my blog
    http://burstwithenvy.blogspot.co.uk/?m=1

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll have to give that a try when this one finishes :) thank you x

      Delete
  2. I was eyeing this in Superdrug yesterday (excuse my pun too!) as part of the Maybelline 2 for £10 offer but this wasn't unfortunately part of the deal. I really like the Maybelline range and ended up getting the cat eyes one which is just like this but gives really long outer lashes and a good flick! x

    Kathryn
    enclosedbeauty.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds like a good one too.. I really like the sound of the Cat Eyes one too! x

      Delete
  3. This looks so nice on you! I love how it thickens your lashes! I really like that bow on your nails in the 1st pic by the way :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am currently using Opulash from Mac. I have been wanting to try this for ages!

    Amina || Blog ||Oh Just One More||

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I need to get my hands on some MAC products :( I'm jealous! x

      Delete
  5. looking good. It gives great definition

    Lots of Love
    Kisses
    Ewelina
    xxx
    chiclifestyleofewelina.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks gorgeous! I recently won this in a giveaway and I can't wait to try it out :D Thanks for stopping by my blog & following, now following you too :D xo

    Beaumaquillagex | Beauty & Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete

CUSTOM BLOG DESIGN BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS