Sunday, 4 August 2013

haul #5.

For those of you who read my blog on a regular basis you will know that I am addicted to shopping. I can't stop and even get withdrawal symptoms if I don't go on a little spree every few days. It's gone terrible and I think since starting my blog I've got even worse! Every item I see or like I think about featuring it on my blog... But I've decided enough is enough! I really want to go traveling next year, or on as many holidays as possible anyway. I would absolutely looove to go to Australia for a few weeks, so am going to start saving now. There's no point in throwing my money away when the world is my oyster!

I've decided to go on a spending ban until September when it comes to clothes. I want to buy some new black jeans and a leather jacket and that's it. I do need a lot of new make up though, but I've decided I can buy those. Their not clothes so they don't count, right?!

So below, is my last haul of the summer until I go back to university in September and treat myself to some new outfits for freshers!



Black Cameo Top - New Look - £10
Multicoloured Bodycon Skirt - River Island - £25
Grey Flower Sweater - Miss Selfridge - £30
Red Peter Pan Collar Top - Miss Selfrdige - £24
Black Thick Heels - New Look - £27
Black Winter Boots - Dorothy Perkins - £25
Gold Necklace - Matalan - £3.50
Eyelure Eyelashes - Superdrug - £5 approx.
Barry M Nail Polish - Superdrug - £3
Collection Mascara - Superdrug - £3
Book: Jodi Picoult - "The Perfect Match" - Waterstones - £2.99

As much as I should regret buying these items, I can't help but be so happy with my new purchases! I especially love the grey sweater I bought for my Miss Selfridge uniform and believe the red top will make a perfect outfit with my new mulitcoloured skirt. I also needed some winter boots even though it's August - standard with the unpredictable British weather! - and with a 20% off offer I couldn't resist!


You can't beat a few beauty products from Superdrug! I love that shop. And with the prices being so low I couldn't help but grab a few things. The Eyelure 101 Lashes are definitely my favourite fake lashes. They look natural and always stay on all night. I only wear eyelashes on the rare occasion now, but it's nice to have some handy! I also really liked the look of this shade of Barry M so decided to try it out. It's a lovely summery shade!


Finally, I decided to treat myself to a new book. In the summer I love to read. It's one of the only times I get to read a book that isn't boring and academic - yawn! I chose this as I've read "My Sister's Keeper" by Jodi Picoult and loved it, although I did cry like a baby! I will let you all know how it goes when I finish it.

What do you think of my recent purchases? Do you have any good books to recommend? And have any of you been travelling and can suggest places to go? Let me know!
Lots of love, Jessie. xoxo

45 comments:

  1. I am addicted to these eyelashes, they are the best ones out there. Good choice of book too, I read this in practically two days, I won't ruin it for you but it is very good!

    Belle x
    Mascara & Maltesers

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, they're so good! I always use them and wouldn't use any others :) Ooh I'm excited to get started.. I'll let you know what I think when I finish xx

      Delete
  2. Great haul! love everything need to buy the black chunky heels!

    Sophie
    xx
    www.pocockins.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sophie :) they're really comfy too! xx

      Delete
  3. Love the River Island skirt, it's gorgeous x

    Rachael | beautypea.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks hun :) I can't wait to wear it! x

      Delete
  4. I am the exact same way when it comes to shopping. I love it so much! Everything you got looks fantastic!
    the-creationofbeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so annoying :( I don't want to spend any more money haha! Thank you :) x

      Delete
  5. Those shoes are killers !!!!! Really like this post !
    Such a nice blog you have here :)


    Bisous from FRANCE

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like a really great haul. I'm exactly the same as you, as bad as it is. I seriously feel like I need something new every week!! It's a problem!

    xoxo Jackie
    http://www.somethingaboutthatthing.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It definitely is a problem :( thank you :) xx

      Delete
  7. Looks like some lovely picks!
    Loving that necklace.

    darlingsophie.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) I haven't stopped wearing it haha! X

      Delete
  8. You got some great finds! THank you for your kind comments. I'm you newest follower on both bloglovin and GFC. In fact, I've shown lots of love (likes) on your wonderful bloglovin posts.

    Erin

    thefashionfairyblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) aw thanks so much! It really means a lot :D xx

      Delete
  9. Great selection of items here! Thanks for sharing!

    Brittany, xx

    http://polkaanddots.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the River Island skirt and New Look chucky heels x

    fabheadtotoe.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Saaame.. they are my favourite purchases :D

      Delete
  11. Love this post! The skirt is lovely! There is a really nice midi denim skirt in RI that I really want! This post has made me want to go shopping!

    BritishBeautyAddict

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you :) I love everything in RI.. Their clothes are amazing! x

      Delete
  12. LOVE the 101 lashes, I have so many of them! I'm your newest follower! I've just started a new beauty blog and it would mean the world to me if you could check it out and let me know what you think.

    Thanks so much!
    Daisy Dear

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The 101 are the best for sure! Thank you so much for following, will be sure to check it out. xx

      Delete
  13. Im loving those black heels!

    I am so like you... shopperholic! its so bad! defo since starting blogging it has got worse as bloggers have the best secrets on where to buy!

    Love your blog and thanks for your comment on my blog and for your follow, now following babe!

    Michelle
    www.virgosandkisses.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the follow :) I know.. I can't stop! Determined to not shop until September though, but I know it won't last more than a week :( xx

      Delete
  14. I just read The Fault In Our Stars and I loved it :)

    Annie | www.raspberphobia.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've heard that one, will definitely give it a read! x

      Delete
  15. Great haul. I love the heels and the top from miss selfridge! :D I just started a fashion blog recently and would love for you to check it out. Follow for a follow on GFC and bloglovin? I'll follow back! x

    choosfashion.blogspot.com

    http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/9066911

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) I'll defo check it out and give you a follow! x

      Delete
  16. You have some stunning purchases! :)

    classypeach.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. These are great buys! such a good post - thanks for sharing :) love your blog!

    www.fashion-form.blogspot.co.uk

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. I find it hard to pass up a bargain too. Love the buys!

    Nicky
    zeeblikesit.blogspot.com.au
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love those heels! Would you like to follow each other on bloglovin or gfc?

    kristasclothes.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I would love to :) now following you on bloglovin x

      Delete
  20. I know what you mean shopping is addicting! Love your new purchases! The grey flower sweater is just gorgeous! Good luck saving for your trip! It will be worth it!

    Rebecca
    www.winnipegstyle.ca

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know I just can't stop :( thank you :) x

      Delete
  21. Great finds! They all look amazing haha :). Check out my blog when you get the chance btw and follow me if you enjoyed Xx

    http://ncboodah.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  22. Amazing haul. I'm very jealous x

    Cat x

    dropsoffashionthread.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. I too am addicted to shopping, it's a problem! Lovely purchases, especially love that necklace!x

    Electra Violet

    ReplyDelete

CUSTOM BLOG DESIGN BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS