Wednesday, 7 August 2013

review and tutorial: benefit's brow-zings.

So ladies, here we are with another review from my favourite make-up brand, Benefit. I seriously cannot get enough of Benefit and probably own, or have tried, nearly everything the brand has to offer! Today I'm going to review one of my favourite products Brow-zings - a product I cannot live without!




First, let's discuss how important eyebrows are to your face. People often forget these bad boys and I don't understand why. Pencilling in and shaping your eyebrows makes such a huge difference to your face. It can open up and brighten your eyes, making them look bigger, and can even make older people look younger. The higher the arch, the bigger your eyes look and it is so easy to do! Just look at the difference in these two pictures of me. Eyebrows make such a huge difference! Ps - please excuse the picture.. It was from about three years ago! Hahahaa!



Browzings is the equivalent to your standard eyebrow pencil but, in my opinion, is one million times better. It consists of a darker wax which you mix with a lighter finishing powder to give you the perfect natural look. It also comes with a mini application brush and also a mini set of tweezers so that you can pluck away any stray hairs! I find the application brush is too small for me, so I use The Body Shop's Slanted Brush to apply it.

People find it difficult when starting to use eyebrow pencils and shapers to get that perfect natural arch, but when I first tried out the Browzings at my local Debenhams the make-up artist there showed me a simple and effective way to achieve that look, and I thought I would share it with you. The look consists of three simple steps:


Firstly, line your make up brush up in line with your nose pointing upwards to reach the tip of the eye brow and place a dot there, this is where the arch will begin.


Secondly, place your make up brush at the edge of your nose and angle it at about 45 degrees so that it lines up and goes directly through the centre of your eye and place a dot there. This is where the highest point of the arch will be.



Lastly, line the make up brush from the tip of your nose passing over the far corner of your eye and place another dot there. This is where the arch will end.

Then you simply join up the dots! Start with the wax and draw a thin line from each dot before adding more layers to achieve the thickness you want. What I love about Browzings is that it goes on effortlessly and smoothly, unlike pencils which give you a much harsher, unnatural line. Use the brush to curve at the top, and apply as much as you need to give you definition.

You then do the exact same with the finishing powder which is used to set the wax and makes sure your eyebrows last all day. This powder works wonders as it smoothes over the wax again enhancing the look to give a flawless finish. It also makes sure your eyebrows last all day. I use this product every day and it never comes off. Even after a vigorous work out in the gym my eye brows are still as I applied them earlier that day. It's a miracle worker!



Brow zings is available in three different shades for lighter, medium, or darker skin tones and costs £23.50. Although this is a little pricey I have had mine for months and am still not even half way through it. You don't need to apply too much and as I said, it is so long lasting that you don't need to worry about reapplying it every two hours.

So there is my tutorial on achieving the perfect, natural brow. What eye brow products do you use? Would you like to see more make up tutorials like these?
Lots of love, Jessie. xoxo

34 comments:

  1. I agree eyebrows do change/brighten up a face too. I'm eyebrow mad haha!
    What I do is tint them at home with a kit from Boots drugstore and then just fill in any gaps once it starts to wear off. Look's like they've been HD'd for a much smaller price :)
    chanelle jade

    www.chanellejade.blogspot.com
    if you followed me before can you follow me again or on bloglovin please. since changing my blog name my posts haven't been appearing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha you're not the only one! I've never thought to do that. I do have them tinted in a salon if I'm going away. Love having them done :) I'll be sure to follow you now! x

      Delete
  2. Great tutorial, thanks!

    Hugs, Brittany, xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've always found it hard to find eyebrow products but after seeing this I would like to try this out :) I just followed you on GFC and Bloglovin and I hope you can check out my blog and follow me back :)

    honeyblushblog.blogspot.com
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's such a good product :)
      I will defo follow back, thank you x

      Delete
  4. I must be the only one that has not tried this product, and btw your brows look lovely :)

    http://a-hearts.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your brows look perfect with this product <3 Maybe I should buy it, you are tempting me :P
    Would you like to follow each other?? Please let me know on my blog! :)

    Fashion Dupes | Facebook | Twitter | Instagram |Bloglovin' |Fashiolista

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much :) I will be sure to follow you xx

      Delete
  6. Your brows look perfect! maybe I should try this product! thanks for the tutorial :)


    dreamouutloud.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for sharing this, love your blog xo

    Followed you on bloglovin xo

    CaitlinSeana | thoughts&fashion♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks very much :) will follow back! xx

      Delete
  8. A good eyebrow shape can really enhance your face, and your brows look great!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am SO obsessed with my eyebrows! I had really short brows so I had mine tattooed at Tracie Giles in May and what a difference! I love BrowZings but even the light is slightly too dark for me because I am really blonde but I have found Mac Omega eyeshadow and an angled brush to be the perfect alternative. On lazy days I use a pencil-currently using Hourglass Arch eyebrow pencil xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would love to get mine tattooed.. Eyebrows are everything! Thanks for the recommendations :) xx

      Delete
  10. I really a have a thing about eyebrows. Maybe because mine are a bit flawed, I'm always looking for the next best thing to fill in my gaps! This sounds like such good quality, thanks for the review! xx

    ferdies-place.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love Benefits Brow Zings! Mine looks just like yours - well used! It is one of the products I couldn't live without! Would highly recommend it to anybody! Sleek do a really good version of this two, which has wax, powder, two brushes and a small pair of tweezers.

    BritishBeautyAddict

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's such a great product isn't it? I've heard of the Sleek one, will have to give it a try :) x

      Delete
  12. Lovely post, I'm in love with this too! Carry it with me all the time!
    Definitely think getting a good small angles brow brush makes a huge difference too, although the tiny ones are helpful for on the go!
    chloeridout.blogspot.co.uk
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I find I don't even have to reapply, it's that good! xx

      Delete
  13. Im so bad at doing my eye brows, i can never get the colour right! I bought the VIVO version from Tesco for £5.00 which was really impressive!

    Love Em x

    emtalks.co.uk
    http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/3934124/emtalks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can't go wrong with the Tesco Bargains :) x

      Delete
  14. This looks like a fab product. I find eyebrows so tricky to do! Love your blog

    http://www.hollydollybeautyblogger.blogspot.co.uk/ xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :)) I'll be sure to check out yours xx

      Delete
  15. Your brows look fab. I've never tried this product myself but it looks good! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Vikcy :) means a lot coming from a MUA ;) haha! And yes it is really good! x

      Delete
  16. I've been coveting this for so long but can never use it b/c of the ingredients! Boo sensitive skin!! I use the chanel brow pencil though and find that pretty good, not your typical melty, smudgey pencil. Very precise and natural if you fancy giving it a go! :) X


    takingkate.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I didn't realise it gave people with sensitive skin problems :( that sucks! That sounds great. I should give it a try! x

      Delete

CUSTOM BLOG DESIGN BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS