Monday, 12 August 2013

TAG - the one and only.

I love reading tag posts! It gives you an insight to the person behind the blog and I love reading about people and their lives - some may call me a little bit nosey, or maybe that's the journalistic side of me? Who knows? Anyway, I was thrilled to be tagged by one of my favourite bloggers Vicky at Beauty Blogging Brunette and couldn't wait to share this post with you all.

This tag is the The One and Only tag and discusses your holy grail make up products..



The Question: If you could only have one ____ what would it be? And, why?


Primer - Since my first blogging event a few months ago I have been using Benefit's Stay Flawless Primer and love it. It says it gives 15 hours of flawlessness, but I would say it's more like 12. Still, a primer that keeps your make up lasting 12 hours? You can't go wrong! Check out my review of this product here.

Base Product - I have two here, as I use one foundation for the evening and one for every day use. My every day favourite has to be Bare Minerals. It stays on all day, gives a flawless finish, looks natural and works wonders on my skin. It doesn't clog it up and cause any unwanted blemishes. A god send for me! In the night my favourite product is Estee Lauder Double Wear. This is so long lasting and makes anyone's skin look fabulous. I love it. It's set for the whole night and is even tricky to take off. I used to wear this in the day too but opted for something ligther now, as it did start to clog up my pores.. Mainly because it's so difficult to take off. Still though, it's a fabulous foundation for heavy coverage!

Concealer - Again I use an Estee Lauder concealer as it is long lasting and covers up anything. It's also great under the eyes to cover those dark circles!

Powder - The powders I use are all Bare Minerals. I use a Warmth powder as a bronzer and a Mineral Veil to set my make up. It doesn't come off all day.

Blusher (cream or powder) - I don't use cream blushes. My favourite is Benefit's Bella Bamba as I find rosy cheeks tend to look more natural and flattering. I use this every day without fail and couldn't be without it. I've used a few of Benefit's blushers and love them all.

Bronzer - Again, I would have to say Bare Minerals Warmth Powder. It has no shimmer, and looks really natural. I use this every day and even for nights out to blend with fake tan.

Highlighter - This is a tough one.. I love Benefit's Moon Beam and use it around my eyes to brighten and highlight, but I also love Benefit's Posetint to highlight those rosy cheeks and team it with some Bella Bamba. As you can see I love Benefit make up!

Make-Up Brush (single) - You cannot go wrong with The Body Shop make up brushes. Their angled brush is my favourite as I use it with my Brow Zings. I also love their foundation brush.. It smoothes make up on and makes you look fabulous!



Eyebrow Product - As shown in my previous post it has to be Benefit's Brow Zings. I always achieve natural, arched eyebrows with this beauty. And not eyebrows that look as though they have been painted on either!

Eye Shadow) - Ahh I couldn't choose just one. I love MUA, Urban Decay, Benefit and The Body Shop eyeshadows. I don't use many higher end brands when it comes to my eye shadows, but am going to start saving for the MAC palette as it looks amazing!

Eyeliner - I have used The Body Shop's Carbon Eye Definer since starting work there almost four years ago, and would never be without it. Amazing!

Mascara - This is a tricky one.. I never really use just one mascara. I mix and match to achieve volume and intensity. Currently I'm using a £2 mascara from Collection 2000, just because I was in a hurry and needed a new one. It's surprisingly amazing. Especially for £2!

Lipstick, Lip Gloss or Lip Stain - Another drug store gem here and that comes in the form of the Natural Collection lipsticks. They cost about £2-£3 and are amazing. Long lasting and vibrant! Perfect! I also have a gorgeous Juicy Couture lip gloss which I love, it's clear and leaves my lips looking glossy and sleek.

Lip Liner - I don't tend to line my lips often, but if I do I use The Body Shop lip liner in Vibrant Red. It's long lasting and doesn't cause your lipstick to bleed. Love it!

Lip Balm - Vaseline! It always does the trick.

Nail Polish - Pretty much all my nail polishes are from Barry M. Their colours are amazing. So bright and summery! And they are also easy to apply, long lasting and dry quickly. Ideal!

So there we have my favourite make up items.. The ones I use on a daily basis and the ones I can't live without. Who needs expensive high end products when you can find little beauties for £2?!

Feel free to copy this tag, would love to know your faves! I tag...
Rachael @ BeautyPea
Christina @ KimiAndMe
Jade @ ChanelleJade
Megan @ LittleMissAverage

What are your holy grail products? Do you use any of the products I do?
Lots of love, Jessie. xoxo


PS - I am going away on a last minute holiday on Tuesday for a week to Majorca(yay!) Cannot wait to have a week of tanning and relaxing! I think I need it. Planning on scheduling some posts for then but if not I look forward to speaking to you all in a week and sharing my holiday with you! Have a great week!

15 comments:

  1. Thanks for tagging me Jessie!! :D Loved reading it. Gonna write mine up now :) xx

    Rachael | beautypea.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No worries! Let me know when you're done! I will have a look :) xx

      Delete
  2. Thank you! great post, i love seeing what products others love! I'm really keen to try the Benefit's Brow Zing, you have sold it to me! :-) have a great hol I will do this very soon.xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank yoou :) ooh it's brilliant.. I love it! Thanks hun :) let me know when you do xx

      Delete
  3. Thank you for tagging me beautiful!
    I've just posted my new post on this tag :)
    Loved reading about the products you use.. Mine's deffinately not going to top it benefit queen! Are the bare minerals base you use a good coverage for day to day? I've heard really good reviews about the Estee Lauder foundation too.
    I also love the body shop quad eyeshadows!

    Chanelle Jade

    I hope that you enjoy your last minute holiday too. I'd be soooooo grateful if you packed me in your case? aha.

    www.chanellejade.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome hun :) I know I think I should have shares in the company haha! Yess I love those :) Aw I'm sure I could squeeze you in amongst my clothes haha. Thank you :) xx

      Delete
  4. Really enjoyed reading this doll, I think I need to try those Bare Minerals products, they sound awesome! Xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks love :) yesss get your hands on some! xxxx

      Delete
  5. ahhh you just have the most beautiful eye color ever! love yur posts~

    just followed u, lets follow each other? xx
    http://cathyloveee.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you :D I will follow you back for sureee xx

      Delete
  6. wow awesome eye make up and dramatic lashes! <3

    Check out my new outfit post on blog! :)
    A
    xx
    http://epiquemoi.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm looking for a new lip liner and havent been to the body shop in ages, gonna try that!
    Love Em x

    emtalks.co.uk
    http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/3934124/emtalks

    ReplyDelete
  8. love it, your eyes really pop!
    antoofortique.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hiya Jessie,
    Just to let you know that i nominated you for the Liebster award :)
    Please refer back to my blog for details
    http://styleandbeautyforless.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Bella Bamba sounds like a great blush !

    Madeline | Its a Mads Mads World

    ReplyDelete

CUSTOM BLOG DESIGN BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS