Tuesday, 27 August 2013

what i wore - bank holiday!

Bank holiday for me means only one thing.. a night out with the girls! And that also means it's time to get glammed up to hit the tiles :) and that is what today's post is all about. An OOTD and FOTD post!


Pattern cut out dress - River Island - £22
Wedged heels - New Look - £25
Black clutch bag - River Island - £18
Earrings - New Look - £5
Jewellery - Primark - various prices


I saw this dress in River Island and despite having two outfits I could possibly wear the blogger inside of me broke out and I just had to have it! It has a cut out at the front and back which I thought was a really funky design and the pattern is bright and colourful - perfect for the last bank holiday of the summer! The good thing about this dress is as it's so colourful you can team it with different accessories and bags choosing from one of the colours in the pattern so it can be worn again and again.


On my face I wore Bare Minerals powder foundations and bronzer with Benefit's Bella Bamba blusher. I normally wear something with a bit more coverage but as I've just come back from holiday I had a base tan and didn't need as much. On my eyes I used the MUA eyeshadow palette with Benefit's They're Real mascara and Body Shop eyeliners. I also used my trusty Browzings for the eyebrows. I chose to wear an NYC lip colour as it was bright pink and the perfect match to the patterns on my dress.

I had a really good night out with all my friends and it did get rather messy. I love bank holidays as my local town is always busy and everyone has a really good time. It will be one of my last nights out in Carmarthen before I move back up to Cardiff for university - although I will be home every weekend haha!


Finally, here's a picture of me and my lovely mammy! It's her 50th birthday this week and she went out to celebrate with some friends on Sunday too. Can't believe she's going to be 50, she's such a trendy mam!

Did you go out on bank holiday? What make up do you tend to wear on a night out?
Lots of love, Jessie. xoxo

28 comments:

  1. Gorgeous outfit!
    Hope you had fun!

    darlingsophie.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look stunning babe! loving the dress and shoes!

    virgosandkisses.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that dress, so cute! x

    fabheadtotoe.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. That dress looks gorgeous on you!
    Stunning as always :)
    & look at momma bear she look's great

    www.chanellejade.blogpsot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thanks babe, she will be very happy with this comment haha! xx

      Delete
  5. Gorgeous outfit Jessie!
    I love the dress and platforms!

    Tamsyn-Elizabeth
    Peach Pow XO

    ReplyDelete
  6. awesome and lovely outfit! enjoyed reading it :)
    would you like to follow each other on bloglovin?
    let me know :)
    - Janine
    http://theeoptimist.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I will follow you now :) xx

      Delete
  7. really cute dress and clutch. Suits you so well

    Kisses
    Ewelina
    xxx
    chiclifestyleofewelina.blogspot.c

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is such a lovely outfit! :)
    you look beautiful :)

    Rachel
    xx

    http://lustslovesandmusthaves.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Aww you look lovely! Hope your mum has a great birthday!!
    Aims
    Xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, she had a great night :) xx

      Delete
  10. Love the outfit, especially the clutch and those New look shoes, everyone has them except me! need them

    http://styleandbeautyforless.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They have red and blue shoes too now.. So tempted to get them! xx

      Delete
  11. Such a beautiful dress,you are so pretty.*__*
    I like your blog. Maybe follow each other on bloglovin?
    Let me know follow you then back.
    Lovely greets Nessa

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous outfit and make up :-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Those heels are beautiful! :) xx

    adaliascloset.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

CUSTOM BLOG DESIGN BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS