Wednesday, 21 August 2013

what i wore on holiday - majorca 2013.

I've just woken up and pulled back the curtains to look outside and see grey skies and drizzle. Depressing on any day, but even more so when you have just returned from a week's holiday on the beautiful Balearic isle of Majorca. It was so nice to have a lovely, relaxed week with my family. Plenty of sunshine and not a care in the world = my ideal holiday. As is standard with all bloggers after a holiday, I thought I'd share what I wore on holiday and a few snaps of the scenery. I hope you enjoy :)

We stayed in C'an Picafort, a cute little seaside town in the north of Majorca, near Alcudia, and an hour away from party place Magaluf. It was really quiet, with cute little houses all overlooking the sea front and lots of nice restaurants and cocktail bars.


Neon is ideal for the summer. It is bright, cheerful and enhances your tan! I wore this lime green bodycon skirt from River Island with a loose black cami top from New Look and a chunky black and gold statement necklace from Primark. I liked this outfit as I thought it was casual yet gave a bit of flair and colour. It also made me look quite tanned on my first night after a few hours of sunbathing! The perks of neon, ey?


Here's a picture of me and my lovely nannie :) I love this Topshop patterened body con dress. It's such a cool and funky pattern, and the mix of colours is great for the summer I think. It's also quite a nice length, not too short so that your bum cheeks pop out, and not too long that it makes your legs look short. It's a must have in any wardrobe!



This is a dress from New Look that is actually my mum's! I spied it in her suitcase and couldn't resist pinching it for the night. It was okay as she had brought it along as a spare so I got away with it! I loved the bow detail which you could tie in front or behind and the loose skater style shape of the dress was very flattering. It also has a pretty pattern and could be worn in the winter with some boots, tights and a biker jacket. I love it and it's now sitting in my wardrobe - sorry mam!


This top from Topshop is a new favourite of mine. I saw it and just had to buy it straight away, despite my "shopping ban" - oops. I just love the mix of colours and with some denim cut off shorts it made the perfect casual outfit. I can't wait to wear it again!


Finally, here is a picture of the beautiful seas and beach when me and my mother went for a morning stroll.. Unfortunately it was to the pharmacist as I had prickly heat :( but it soon went away and didn't stop me from tanning!

What do you think of these outfits? Have you been on holiday this year?

25 comments:

  1. u r luking gorgeous :)
    visit and follow
    arbbeautyblog.blogspot.com :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post, thanks for sharing!:)

    I'm running a giveaway on my blog at the moment if you want to check it out..

    http://polkaanddots.blogspot.co.uk/2013/08/100-followers-giveaway.html

    Hugs, Brittany, xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the dress you pinched from your mum, I wish mine was as stylish!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha thank you! She's quite stylish for a mum :) xx

      Delete
  4. Ahhh you've given me inspiration as I'm going to exactly the same place in 3 weeks time (so excited). Just hoping I get as tanned as you but I highly doubt it knowing me haha.

    Now following you on bloglovin and GFC.

    fashitupandtalkitout.blogspot.co.uk

    X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww wow how weird that you're going to the same place! It's beautiful :) have a lovely time and thanks for the follow xx

      Delete
  5. You have beautiful outfits !


    Fatou
    xx

    http://own--it.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. The topshop patterned dress looks great on your figure!
    LOVE the lime green bodycon skirt.. ME GUSTA!
    I want to go on holiday noww!!!
    :D

    pippa-love.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much :)
      I want to go again already haha! x

      Delete
  7. I love the neon bodykon skirt, the whole outfit looks lovley and the dress you pinched from your mum is so pretty she has great style, following your blog xxx

    ~ VISUALCANDY INC

    ReplyDelete
  8. looks stunning

    Kisses
    Ewelina
    xxxxxxxxxxx
    chiclifestyleofewelina.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. You look stunning! So jealous.. could do with a holiday right about now :)
    MISSY IN THE MIRROR

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I could do with another one already haha! Thank you :) xx

      Delete
  10. I love both those dresses you wore !

    Madeline | Its a Mads Mads World

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love all your outfits especially the dress in the third photo :) Looks like you had an amazing time
    Meg xx

    peachpips.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. love your first outfit especially the skirt!!

    holly xxx
    hollydollybeautyblogger.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love your outfits! Majorca looks lovely!
    Also I have nominated you for The Leibster Award on my blog! If you haven't already done it, then you should!
    http://ezzwilliams.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete

CUSTOM BLOG DESIGN BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS