Wednesday, 11 September 2013

fotn make-up favourites.

For me, a night out with the girls is an excuse to use and abuse my make up. I love doing my make up ready for a night out and always take so long doing it that I always have no time to get on and do everything else, resulting in me always being late. I always tend to use my old favourites but some times like to spice things up a bit by using some new products, such as a new shade of lippie or eyeshadow, or trying some different skin care items. But the good thing about taking my time is that my make up never comes off on a night out. You see girls going out looking like Beyonce and ending up looking like they've been dragged through a hedge backwards. It's all about using the right products and applying the right amount. And this is my not so secret stash of products that are my holy grails on nights out.


Face and Base Products

1. Always start with a primer. You could even use your daily moisturiser as one. It sets the face ready and evens out the skin tone. I use Benefit's Stay Flawless Primer but anyone will do.

2. Make sure your foundation is fairly heavy but not too much. Nothing that is going to give a lot of shine as your dancing on the tiles. I used Benefit's Stay Awake Foundation and applied it with a make up brush. Always, always, always use a brush. Putting foundation on with your hands leaves smudges and grease and you end up with more make up on your hands than on your face more often than not.

3. Finally set your make up with a powder. For nights out I use a bronzing powder, in the form ofBare Minerals' Warmth Powder. Using a powder over your foundation ensures it stays on all night!


Eye Products

1. Shading in those eyebrows for a night out is a big YES in my book. Who wants to see foundation brows? Not me! It shapes the face and opens up the eyes - a must have when you've had a bit too much to drink! Of course, I use Benefit's Brow Zings.

2. Next, I apply mascara. For this I use Maybelline's Rocket Volume Express Mascara as it gives heaps of volume and separates the lashes brilliantly. After I apply one layer, I always apply another to give extra volume and va va voooom!

3. When it comes to eyeshadows I love to experiment. On my last night out I tried out an NYC Palette and loved it! It came with four shades of colour and a concealer. I always use a lighter colour all the way up to the brow and over the lid, then I use darker shades on the eye lid progressing from a light brown on the inner eyelid and progressing darker as you move outwards. Smokey eyes are the only option for me on a night out, but you can create a variety of looks by experimenting with colour!

4. Finally I use The Body Shop's Carbon Eye Definer along with Collection 2000's Liquid Liner on both the top and bottoms of my eyes to make my eyes nice and dark.


Cheek/Blush Products

On my cheeks I always tend to go for pinks and peaches. I use Benefit's Bella Bamba and absolutely love it as it gives a natural, rosy glow.

Lip Products

Finally on my lips I like to use bright colours. I always forget about my lips every other day but always like to have a splash of colour for a night out. I line my lips with a red liner and then used MUA's Bright Red lipstick and was pleased to see that it lasted a good while and didn't need to be reapplied too often!

What products do you wear on a night out? What do you recommend?
Lots of love, Jessie. xoxo


12 comments:

  1. Looks like you love benefit!
    I really want to try the stay flawless concealer :)
    alicekatex ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I got it at a Benefit blogging event and love it :) I would defo try it! xx

      Delete
  2. Another Benefit girl like me! Can't beat Highbeam for a highlighter, classic but I still am in love with it!

    Belle x
    Mascara & Maltesers

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree! It's amazing. I've had it for ages too, you don't need too much of it :) xx

      Delete
  3. I've been wanting to try that Benefit foundation for the longest time! I feel like it would give a nice glow in the cooler months when my skin gets a little drier.

    Ivy xx
    Style Life Lovely

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wouldn't say it's my favourite foundation or the best I've used but it is really good :) xx

      Delete
  4. You have a lovely blog Jessie!! :)

    I am your new follower. Plz do follow back if you like. :)

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can I guess benefit is one of your favorite brands?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great choices of products! I own pretty much all of them and they are all amazing. Benefit is a particular fave (the highbeam is out of this world) and I love the MUA lipsticks because they are great value for money and the little pot of extra product attached to the end is a great back up should you ever run out. LOVE this post, thank you!

    Shall be following, perhaps you could follow mine too, if you like it of course :)

    Check it out at http://stylewithgracehairdesign.blogspot.co.uk and thanks again! xxx

    ReplyDelete

CUSTOM BLOG DESIGN BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS