Friday, 20 September 2013

notd: disco inferno.

Browsing around Superdrug yesterday my eyes caught sight of the Model's Own nail varnish stand. There were so many amazing colours and shades and I was there for ages deciding on two that I could buy for the 2 for £8 offer. In the end I settled for neon yellow and a glittery tub of goodness called Disco Inferno. I love glitter and now that it's freshers week and a time for partying and grooving I decided that glittery nails would be the perfect addition to any outfit.



I used Barry M's plain white as a base and then popped the glitter on top and was so pleased with the result. Some times I find you have to put on about five layers until you get at least a few sparkles on your nails but with this nail varnish after just one coat the nail is filled with glitter and looking super sparkly! It's nice and thick too so I'm hoping it will last and I really like the effect created by the white background colour. I can't wait to get my hands on some more Models Own shades now, particularly the HedKandi Shades which are all amazingly bright and sparkly, inspired by the Ibiza lifestyle. Amazing!!

What do you think of this design? Any recommendations for me to try?
Lots of love, Jessie. xoxo

28 comments:

  1. Love this glitter so much. Love it with the white base colour. xx

    Rachael | beautypea.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love these polishes, they're a nightmare to get off though.
    Megan x | MeganRoisinn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no :( I hate that but find it's the same with all glitter polishes. xx

      Delete
  3. Love this nail look, so simple and chic! x

    fabheadtotoe.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this look! I can imagine this looking great on top of black nail varnish as well :)

    http://subjectbeauty.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh yes that's a very good idea, perfect around christmas :D xx

      Delete
  5. This looks like a lovely glitter & packed full of glitter. Some I find so hard to get any actual glitter on my nails. This one looks pretty - great tip from Rin about putting it on top of Black Polish
    http://www.letstalkbeauty.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes this is why I liked it! :D I agree.. A really good idea :) xx

      Delete
  6. ahh this looks cute :)
    I've tagged you in my latest post hun!
    let me know if you decide to take part
    chanelle jade xx

    www.chanellejade.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. The glitter looks lovely! Don't think I've ever seen so many colours in one polish haha :-) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahah I know! That's exactly what I love about it :) xx

      Delete
  8. I love coloured glitter on top of a pale polish, absolutely love the contrast between the 2!

    Halima

    F A S H I O N I C I D E | Manchester Fusion Fashion and Beauty Blog |

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love how fun these are!

    www.britishbeautyaddict.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, so easy to create funky designs! xx

      Delete
  10. Love this nail polish!!:)

    Great post, thanks for sharing!:)

    Hugs, Brittany, xx

    http://polkaanddots.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  11. cute nails. I love them

    Kisses from Ireland
    Ewelina
    chiclifestyleofewelina.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. This looks so good with a white base, I would never have thought of that. I definitely need to start bringing the glitters out now it's winter :)

    honeyblushblog.blogspot.com
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha thank you :) yes perfect around christmas time! xx

      Delete
  13. Nice blog of yours. Beautiful photos, you have a good taste in fashion.

    Following you.

    Please, don't forget to visit and follow my blog:

    http://cantellyou.blogspot.com

    XoXo with love,
    Vilma

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you so much! Will take a look now xx

      Delete

CUSTOM BLOG DESIGN BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS