Monday, 16 September 2013

recent beauty haul.

Walking past Debenhams and seeing a 10% off fragrance and cosmetics sign lurking in the window was not good in my current economic state. I did need new make up, but instead of restricting myself to the cheaper brands in drugstores I decided to splash the cash on some high ended products.. But all within good reason, I am so pleased with my new products and am so excited for freshers now to experiment with these new bad boys!



Clinique Even Better Foundation

Any regular readers of my blog will know that my go to foundation is Bare Minerals Powder (see my review here), but for evenings out I always like to wear a foundation with a little extra coverage. I opted for a Clinique foundation as I've had one in the past and was very pleased with the result. I was advised by the consultant to go for this Even Better foundation as it gives good coverage and doesn't cause extra shine, two properties essential for a night out! I mean, you don't want your make up sliding off or your skin glowing like a disco light whilst clubbing with the girls, do you?

Vera Wang Be Jeweled Perfume

I love Vera Wang perfumes, they all smell so sweet and fruity, something that I always look for in a perfume. My mum decided to treat me to this one and I love it. It smells amazing and is also really long lasting, with the cutest packaging ever! For me, the packaging of a perfume bottle has to be pretty and bright.. It's almost as important as the scent itself!

Benefit's Brow Zings

This is my absolute favourite product in the world. I can't go out without using this and my other one has just started to run out after a good few months of usage. It's amazing as you hardly need to use anything and it gives perfect brows every time! See my eye brow tutorial here.

Clinique High Impact Mascara

I was given this little freebie when I bought my mascara - another reason I love Clinique. I never tend to wear higher end brand mascaras so am excited to give this a go. Mascaras are one of my favourite products and I always look for mascaras that give length and heaps of volume!

Urban Decay Smokey Eye Palette

Bloggers have raved about Urban Decay eye palettes, but I actually went to get a new eye liner. When I saw this palette complete with the eye liner I wanted and an eye primer, along with amazing colours I just couldn't resist. The colours are so vibrant and bright, and you can create such fabulous styles with these, ones to match any outfit. I'm so excited to start using it and will be doing reviews as soon as I experiment with some different looks! :D

Have you bought any new make up items lately? Any that you recommend?
Lots of love, Jessie. xoxo

14 comments:

  1. Love the sound of the Urban Decay eye palette, smokey eyes are my go to on nights out so this would be great for me x

    fabheadtotoe.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It looks amazing! I can't wait to start using it this week for nights out :) xx

      Delete
  2. The Clinique high impact mascara is just a-mazing nothing gets my lashes longer. Beware I started on the small trial size and now it's become a bit of an addiction lol

    Lovely blog by the way-new follower ::)

    http://subjectbeauty.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh really? I will have to start using it! :D thank you xx

      Delete
  3. Hi love! Firstly thank you for commenting on my blog and for following :) secondly, such a great haul! Would love to hear what you think about the Urban Decay Smoked palette as that isn't one I have! Your blog is lovely so following back of course xxx

    Cate
    The perks of being a hipster

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome :) I will be doing reviews on it shortly. Thank you so much xx

      Delete
  4. I tried Clinique's high impact mascara quite a while ago and loved it :)
    Need to repurchase!
    alicekatex ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh thats two so far who have loved it.. I'm looking forward to using it! xx

      Delete
  5. I loveeee Urban Decay, its just kinda pricey! That smoked palette looks awesome!

    Please check out my recent post :)

    TERRIFACE | Fashion & Fitness blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The inside is amazing, but thought I would save it for my reviews :) I will do xx

      Delete
  6. Aw I love hauls, I'm loving Clinique at the moment, haven't used Urban Decay for a while apart from their eye liners, but always a huge fan of their eye shadow kits so gonna check this one out for winter, eeek thank you xxx

    emtalks.co.uk
    http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/3934124/emtalks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't you think their eyeliners are amazing?! I'm so impressed with mine! You're welcome :D xx

      Delete
  7. oh the eye shadows are awesome, I have the naked pallet. I adore it

    Lots of love
    Ewelina
    chiclifestyleofewelina.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. You got some amazing stuff !
    http://www.betzysmakeup.com/
    Hauls are my favorite type of post :)

    ReplyDelete

CUSTOM BLOG DESIGN BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS