Saturday, 28 September 2013

review: urban decay smoked eye palette.

It's been such a manic week and I haven't had the time to blog and, although I'm nearly falling asleep writing this, I just had to write a review! I've been out a few times this week for Freshers Week in Cardiff and have been absolutely loving using my new Urban Decay Smoked Eye Palette and creating amazing looks on my eyes.




I've been wanting an Urban Decay Eye Palette for some time now. I love wearing and experimenting with eyeshadow and had heard and read so many great things about Urban Decay's Naked Palettes. I was also in desperate need of a new eyeliner and having used one of Urban Decay's before and being very impressed with it I decided to head over to the Urban Decay counter in Debenhams where they were having a 10% off sale.

I opted for the Smoked Eye Palette as it wasn't only just a palette but came with an eye primer and the Perversion sleek eyeliner, all for £35! I also loved the packaging. It comes in a black zip-case complete with a mirror so you can create looks on the go - amazing!

What I love about this palette is there are some neutral, matte colours, such as the "Freestyle" and "Backdoor" shades, and it also has some amazingly vibrant, shimmery shadows - such as "Evidence" and "Rockstar" - which you can add to create dramatic looks that match your outfit. Sure, you can make dramatic effects with simpler colours, but why not add a bit of shimmer to your eyes? I thought this would be perfect around this time of year with lots of parties and events heading up to Christmas!

The eyeliner and eye primer are also amazing additions to this palette. The primer goes on smoothly resulting in the shadow being extremely long lasting and gives such easy application. It gives the shadows a glowy, dewy look. The Perversion eyeliner is also one of the best I have ever used. It runs on smoothly as it is made of a carbon substance and is applied almost wet before it sets and stays in that shape allowing you to smudge or blend it in easily. Once it is set it doesn't budge all day. It really is amazing.

So, what are my thoughts? I LOVE IT. I would recommend this palette to anybody. Especially because you get so much more than just a palette. Vibrant colours, a primer to make those colours last and an outstanding eyeliner - what more could you ask for?

Do you have any Urban Decay palettes? What are your favourite shades?
Lots of love, Jessie. xoxo

21 comments:

  1. This palette looks gorgeous, love that it has neutral colours and a few colours x

    fabheadtotoe.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, that's what I love about it :D xx

      Delete
  2. I really like the rockstar shade, but overall it's a nice palette! Xx

    http://makeupbycandlelight.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) that's one of my favourite shades! xx

      Delete
  3. I thought about getthing this palette as well since it went on sale on Sephora but I'm still unsure about the packaging!
    Jennifer
    http://naturewithnurture.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really like the packaging as it is sleek and I love the zipper to it! :) xx

      Delete
  4. I love they eye shadows. They have amazing colours. They last long and omg I want them too

    Lots of love from Ireland sends Ewelina
    xxxxxxxxxxx
    chiclifestyleofewelina.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, they are a fantastic brand! Thanks Ewelina xx

      Delete
  5. I love them palette colours, it's not often you can buy a eye shadow palette and truly like every colour. Urban Decay never fail! Have you tried their setting spray? That's something that I'm wanting to try out!x

    Jess
    www.momentsofbeautywars.blogspot.co.uk
    Feel free to check by my blog if you ever get the chance x x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't tried their setting spray but I'm sure it will be fab! All Urban Decay products are amazing! xx

      Delete
  6. This looks like a really versatile palette! I was really close to buying this a couple of weeks ago, but I ended up getting the UD Deluxe Palette

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh I didn't look at the Deluxe Palette.. is it any good? :)

      Delete
  7. This palette looks amazing, I love the dark colours
    Megan x MeganRoisinn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same! I love using the blacks and dark browns :) xx

      Delete
  8. I've been wanting this palette for so long, but something always draws me away
    http://www.betzysmakeup.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have the basics palette because I'm not much of a shimmer girl but I have got the MUA dupe for Naked 2. This one looks lovely too :)

    honeyblushblog.blogspot.com
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love MUA eye palettes too!! Amazing :D xx

      Delete
  10. Great post, thanks for sharing!:)

    Hugs, Brittany, xx

    http://polkaanddots.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  11. This looks gorgeous i have to try this out! Xxx

    http://daintydaisychains.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

CUSTOM BLOG DESIGN BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS