Wednesday, 9 October 2013

home sweet home - a look around my uni room.

Last year I lived in halls and loved the comfort of my own little room. I didn't really enjoy living in halls last year and was so excited to move into a house with five other girls in Cathays in Cardiff. The best part about moving into a new place is the decorating! I got so excited to decorate my room and couldn't wait to start. I chose pink (obviously) as my main colour and got to decorating the tiny space of my bedroom in the best way I could.



I loved these pretty pink bed sheets from BHS. They were on sale and I snapped them up immediately as they contain three of my favourite things - butterflies, flowers and the colour pink. I just think they are super girly and pretty and I decided to base my room on these colours. The little cushion was bought as a present from my auntie when I moved to universtiy last year and was bought from Next - it fitted in with my room perfectly! I do have a blackout blind but really wanted some little curtains so my mum and I bought these drapes from Dunelm and added them to my room. It gives me privacy but also lets some natural light into the room.



My desk came with the house but I added a few things to make it more homely. Firstly, I love photographs and have loads dotted around my room. These little frames come from Tesco with the large multi-frame on my top shelf being a gift from a friend. The pretty little frames that hang from my shelf is from Next and was a present from some of my best friends who I worked with in the Body Shop for three years. They bought it for me when I left to go to uni last September and I love it!

The mirror is one of my favourite things in my room. My mam bought it for me last year as I had no proper mirror in my room in halls. I love it and will use it forever. It's so pretty and looks so expensive but was in fact a really cheap purchase!



I decided to use this area to store some of my make up products and bought these little boxes from B+M Bargains - and what a bargain they are too. I can fit my hair products in one side and some make up products in the other! The wicker basket (which I absolutely love) was a present from the little girls I used to teach dance back in 2012 before I moved to Cardiff and my mum bought me that pretty angel as a present. I collect these angels and this one was really special as it was a present from her before I came to university.

My cute, little necklace and jewellery holder I bought from B+M Bargains again for just £4. I love that shop - you can find so many amazing things there!



This is definitely my favourite item in my room. I absolutely love this chest of drawers which my parents bought from Dunelm as a surprise. I'd wanted a bedside table in this room and this was the perfect fit. Plus it's so beautiful I can use it in any house when I move out officially from my parents (now that's a scary thought!). It was the perfect size and I love it!



The annoying thing about my room is that my wardrobe doesn't have a door! In fact, none of them in the house do which I think is so stupid and annoying. I wanted something to cover my wardrobe as I didn't want all my clothes on show looking messy so we found this cute fabric curtain in The Range. I decided to get two so then I can open them and see what I want to wear and close them when I've had enough of staring at my full wardrobe and realising I have nothing to wear - am I the only person who does that? Again these were a little bargain and I'm really pleased with them.

I'm so pleased with the result of my room as it's so small but feels so cosy and homely! My mam was amazing at helping me - she should definitely be an interior designer!!

What does your university room look like? Do you love home decor as much as me?
Lots of love, Jessie. xoxo

10 comments:

  1. ooh yay pink! I love what you've done with your place ;)
    xx,
    Justina
    www.abentpieceofwire.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Justina! It is very pink haha! xx

      Delete
  2. so pretty!
    that chest of drawers <3 ahh, I want them, did they do them in white?
    hope you've settled in ok beautiful
    chanelle jade xx

    www.chanellejade.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love them too .. I think they do them in white as I've seen the same/very similar ones on other blogs :) thank you lovely! xx

      Delete
  3. The chest are drawers are stunning!
    love the girliness! :)
    xo

    http://peekaboo-vintage.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It's very girly indeed haha! xx

      Delete
  4. I love your room it's super girly!! Your mum has great taste, the bedside table is gorgeous!!

    Xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Beth! I agree, she did a good job :) xx

      Delete

CUSTOM BLOG DESIGN BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS