Thursday, 28 November 2013

festive nails.

I was in town earlier this week and popped into Superdrug to take further advantage of the 3 for 2 offer. Can I just say how much I love 3 for 2 offers on make up products?! God was thinking of us beauty bloggers that day. I picked up these two beauties from Barry M (as well as a Sleek Contour Palette which I will review soon) and decided to do a quick blog post on them - it would be rude not to.



I desperately needed a new black polish and love Barry M so decided to opt for that one when this beautiful glittery varnish caught my eye too. I thought they would look amazing together ready for the party season, and I think they have worked out brilliantly!

So, what are my thoughts? The black Barry M nail varnish needs two coats to make it a really even and deep colour. With just one coat it's quite transparent, but after just one more it looks perfect. It doesn't take too long to dry either, which is ideal for someone who is impatient and ends up smudging (like me!).

The gold sparkle glitter needs just one coat, although I used the brush to sort of blot around my nail and spread the glitter strands out evenly. It came out so pretty and sparkly, unlike other glittery nail varnishes that come out clear with just one or two specs. I also like how they are like shreds of glitter - spices things up a bit!

I've been wearing this nail varnish for a few days now and it has only just started to chip, which is another thing I love about Barry M. Their nail varnishes go on smoothly and are always long lasting! My favourite nail varnish brand for sure, and always at fantastic prices!

I love sparkly nails any time of year but over the festive season they are a MUST.
What are your favourite nail designs for Christmas? What nail varnishes are your favourite?
Lots of love, Jessie. xoxo

19 comments:

  1. oo these are pretty funky!
    defo Christmas party ready <3

    http://www.iwantfashion.co.uk
    UK High Street Fashion
    Get the latest on high street trends, collections, EXCLUSIVE discount codes and more!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Can't wait to check out your site :D xx

      Delete
  2. Perfect for the festive season! I'd wear this nail combo for the whole of December. Love BarryM they makes the best glitters
    http://www.letstalkbeauty.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oo they're so pretty! Black and gold always go well together, and i love bary m :)

    Sharlotte xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah these look GORGEOUS together!!!! I love glitter topcoats, I definitely need to add this one to my collection - it's sooooo Christmassy and pretty! xxx

    Gemma | Miss Makeup Magpie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's amazing Gemma :D such a good find! Thank you :) xx

      Delete
  5. Gorgeous combination, love a good glitter top coat x

    fabheadtotoe.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. This look amazing - I really want to try the glittery nail polish!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) you should defo get your hands on it! xx

      Delete
  7. Beautiful nails!

    xx

    www.forevermissvanity.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. These look so nice! Perfect for christmas!
    - Charlotte
    http://fashiongirl134.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

CUSTOM BLOG DESIGN BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS