Sunday, 3 November 2013

halloween make-up.

I've been an absolutely useless blogger lately. I was getting so good at regular posts too :( but, alas, uni life is too hectic - especially as I travel home to work at my local newspaper and in Miss Selfridge on weekends. I feel like I need to scream at the world to STOP sometimes as I am just sooo tired and in desperate need of a break.

BUT.. I did have time to enjoy myself this week as it was Halloween and what student doesn't love to dress up and get drunk?



I went out on the Tuesday before Halloween with my journalism course mates and decided to go as a cat (yes, so creative and original). It was a last minute thing so I opted for a black body-con dress, some dark eye make-up, whiskers, a nose and some cat ears - simples! I loved the eye make-up I created for this look, using my Urban Decay Smoked Eye Palette and opting for some seriously smoky eyes. I also wore my bright pink NYC Lipstick to complete the look.



On the actual night of Halloween we decided to have a little house party before we went out and my house mates and I decided to go dressed as dead dolls - pretty but scary! I wore my little red bow dress from New Look along with some long black socks and my white Converse and back-combed my hair into curly piggy tails. For my face I did my normal going out make-up, with dark, smoky eyes and lashings of mascara and gave myself bright pink cheeks using my Benefit Bella Bamba Blusher and Posey-Tint. Then I decided to get creative!

For the scars on my face and neck I used some liquid eye-liner and roughly drew a wiggly, black line across my neck, temple area and jaw-line before crossing it with little black lines to create stitching effects. The quicker and more messily I drew them on the more effective they looked and by the end I became quite a pro at creating them! Then I used various dark eye-shadows and quickly dotted them on around the stitch line to give the effect of bruising and general messiness, before applying lashings of fake blood over each area. I was actually really pleased with the outcome and people commented on how life-like they looked, which is always a good sign on Halloween!

We had a really good night and went to Soda Bar in Cardiff which played some amazing old-skool songs and I got very drunk and thoroughly enjoyed myself! It's got to be done - after all, you're only a student once!







What did you dress up as for Halloween?
Lots of love, Jessie. xoxo

7 comments:

  1. Loving the outfit, glad you had a good time!

    Jess x

    www.momentsofbeautywars.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the dead dolls look, very cool! I was super uncreative and done the whole cat thing haha. I done a post about it here if you want to check it out http://caitacrawford.blogspot.co.uk/2013/11/whowhat-did-you-become.html :-) & I'm feeling a bit crap at blogging lately because of university and my job too so I totally get you!

    Caitlin
    - xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you so much :) I will be sure to check it out! I know it's so hard to keep up with everything! xx

      Delete
  3. you look fantastic!
    looks like you've had a super Halloween too beautiful :) xx

    www.chanellejade.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great post, thanks for sharing!:)

    Hugs, Brittany, xx

    http://polkaanddots.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  5. You look amazing, brilliant ideas!
    Lola x

    http://fortheimperfectlyperfect.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete

CUSTOM BLOG DESIGN BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS