Monday, 2 December 2013

monthly favourites - november 2013.

Oh my god, can you believe that in a few weeks time it will be 2014?! That is absolute madness! Every month I am shocked at how fast the month has gone but seriously, November lasted like five minutes! Here's a little post about what products I've been loving this month...



1. Rimmel London Medium Shimmer Instant Fake Tan

You know summer has come to an end when you have to start applying fake tan! I never wear it unless I'm going on a night out because I don't have the time for the upkeep, although I feel sooo much better with a tan. You just look healthier in my opinion! I like to use an instant one for nights out that will wash away quickly. This Rimmel one is the only one I've used for years now and I absolutely love it. I apply it with a mitt that costs £1 from Primark and it goes one smoothly and with no streaks. What I love about it is as it's instant I can see any areas that need a little extra, and it gives a flawless and natural finish. It does have a little shimmer but I like that as it highlights my muscles and making me look super toned!

2. Britney Spears Midnight Fantasy Perfume

I pinched this perfume off my mum this month (sorry mam!) and I have been absolutely loving it. The smell is to die for and the bottle is so cute! I've got the smallest bottle available which is perfect to squeeze into my hand bag and spritz away when I feel like it. It's quite a floral smell, but not too sickly or over powering. It's only £19.99 for 100ml, and the smell is so long-lasting that the bottle will last for ages! Such a good buy.

3. Barry M Lipstick - shade 160


Picture courtesy of www.barrym.com

I desperately wanted a deep lipstick to wear this autumn and I bought this barry M one from Superdrug as I always lose my lipsticks on nights out and didn't want to splurge out on an expensive one. I'm so pleased with the result. It's a deep reddy/purply colour and it looks great teamed with some clear gloss.

4. Collection Waterproof Liquid Eyeliner

I always go for this liquid eye-liner and it has certainly served me well this month as I've been loving dramatic eye make-up. It was also brilliant last month as I used it to create my Halloowe'en looks including cat whiskers and scars! It never lets me down - it's applied smoothly and lasts all day. I've repurchased it for years.

5. Barry M Mocha Matte Nail Varnish

Another Barry M product hitting the top 5 this week! But I do absolutely love this nail varnish. It's so sophisticated and looks fab - as well as the shade being perfect for A/W. I did a review of this product earlier in October, click here to check it out!

What were you loving last month? Have you used any of these products?
Lots of love, Jessie. xoxo

16 comments:

  1. the review of the barry m nail polish looks lovely, I've never heard of the matte range. Where have I been hiding? ha. great post:-)
    http://trendsareoverrated.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You need to get your hands on it!! Thank you :) xx

      Delete
  2. It's crazy how quickly time goes by! I absolutely love that perfume. Britney has the best scents!
    the-creationofbeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! It goes too fast! It's scary.. Same I love them all! xx

      Delete
  3. Omg I didn't realise you had a beauty blog - Love it! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Vicky! :) Yeah kept it quiet for a while as I was unsure of what people would think but I'm really getting into it now.. I'll have to take a look at yours :) xxx

      Delete
  4. I have Midnight Fantasy. I bought it years ago but I never finished it. It was on the sale shelf in Superdrug and as soon as I tested it out, I knew I had to have it. To me, it smells like blueberry muffins!

    IAmLinderella.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love it!! It's back on the sale shelf again but a bigger bottle than this.. Think I'll get it for myself for Christmas :-) xx

      Delete
  5. Barry M has fab products. I have one lippy and good few nail polishes.

    love
    Ewelina
    xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    chiclifestyleofewelina.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree.. I have loads of their polishes - love them! xx

      Delete
  6. I really want to try out more of Barry M's products, normally I just buy their nail varnishes (like that matte Mocha one looks lovely - going to check out your review now!) but their lipsticks look nice! I will have to check out that dark, vampy shade.

    Kathryn x
    effievanity.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Barry M is a brilliant brand - my favourite drug store one for sure! :) I'm sure you will find something you like. Thank you! xx

      Delete
  7. Oh man, tell me about it - this year is flying by!! When you were younger everything seemed to drag! I did philosophy at uni and we studied time - there is actually a chemical in your head that starts to release more and more as we age, which actually gives the perception of time going faster. Weird, huh?

    Corinne x
    www.skinnedcartree.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh wow that's really interesting but I totally agree. I feel like these last five years have flown.. it's mad to think that 2009 was five years ago!! xx

      Delete
  8. Ah I really need to try the collection liner - it sounds like the most perfect liner! xx
    Gem // missmakeupmagpie.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's soooo good, and so cheap! I've used it since I first started wearing make-up haha! Dodgy winged liners back in year 9 - god help me. xx

      Delete

CUSTOM BLOG DESIGN BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS