Tuesday, 17 December 2013

thank you! + a christmas tag.

So today I logged on to blogger to find that I have now got over 200 followers on Bloglovin'. You don't know how excited this makes me! It's such a lovely feeling to know that over 200 people out there actually enjoy reading my blog and want to know what I have to say. It also makes me very excited for the future of my blog and I'm hoping it just goes up and up from here! I would like to say a big thank you to everyone who has supported All Things Beautiful so far :) you don't know how happy this makes me!

The Christmas Tag.

I've seen this tag floating around and after reading it on Beauty Blogging Brunette I thought I would give it a go. I think it's finally time for me to get into the festive spirit.

1. What's your favourite Christmas movie?
It would have to be Love Actually! I love this Christmas film, plus it has one of my favourite actors Colin Firth in it. I love that man! I would also have to say that I love watching Harry Potter around Christmas time. The Christmas scenes always look so magical in them!

2. Do you stay in your PJs or get dressed on Christmas Day?
On Christmas Day we always get dressed up. These days we go out for food to this amazing restaurant where my grandad often works as a plumber, and we have five delicious courses of food, so it's always nice to dress up in my new Christmas clothes!

3. Do you open your presents on Christmas Eve or Christmas Day?
We always open them on Christmas morning. I used to get so excited. My brother and I would be up at the crack of dawn and we would run downstairs to shovel breakfast down our throats before opening our presents. (My mother always insisted that we had to have breakfast first haha!) Nowadays though I wake up a lot later but still go straight downstairs to open presents with the rest of my family.

4. Favourite Christmas smell?
The smell of Christmas Dinner is always amazing, but I absolutely love the smell of Cranberry Joy products in The Body Shop. I worked at The Body Shop for three Christmas periods and I smother myself in the stuff. I would walk out of there smelling like a cranberry and feeling rather joyful!

5. What is your favourite Christmas song?
The Fairytale of New York is an absolute Christmas classic! This year I've also had "Driving Home For Christmas" in my head constantly. It's such a cute little tune though.

6. What's your favourite Christmas drink?
Anything. For me Christmas is all about getting merry. I can't wait for the nights of festivities coming up over the next two weeks!

7. Favourite Christmas meal?
Well Christmas Dinner of course. I love it! Turkey, loads of stuffing, loads of veg, roasties, yorkshire pud and most importantly PIGS IN BLANKETS. Can I get a moment of appreciation for the legend that invented these? Here's a little something to get your eyes watering; the Christmas dinner I had with my housemates on our last week of term...



8. Wrapping presents - love or loathe?
Hmm it depends on the situation to be honest. Normally it's loathe as I am rushing to get everything finished in time and then things just go wrong. I always tend to cut off too much paper for small presents and have none left for the big stuff. My mum on the other hand is the present wrapping queen. I often get her to do mine haha!

9. What's your favourite thing about Christmas?
Spending tie with family, going out in town in my new Christmas gear, all the cosiness it brings and just being with the people I love. Since being at university it's so nice to come home and appreciate home comforts and everything that my lovely family does for me.. and also it's nice to come back home and go out with all my old school friends and just have a good old laugh!

10. Christmas tree - real or fake?
We've always had a fake tree but this is the first year we have had a real tree and I love it! It looks so pretty and my mother has done an amazing job of decorating it - she honestly is amazing at making things look pretty. The only thing is the pine needles keep falling off and my mam is such a clean freak that she has upped her hoovering regime from twice to four times a day. There is no worse sound than that bloody hoover.



11. Homemade cards or shop bought ones?
I have no time to make homemade cards but they always look so much nicer!

12. What do you do on Christmas Eve?
I always have to work :( working in retail literally is the worst at Christmas time.

13. Favourite Christmas memory?
I have so many lovely Christmas memories. Particularly from when we were younger and we used to go to Center Parcs for Christmas. There was nothing better than waking up and seeing all your presents and being surrounded by the woods. Then we would have some scrummy dinners before heading out on our bikes and then going swimming in the afternoon.

14. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa?
I'll never forget this fateful day. We were on holiday in Greece and I must have been in year 6. I asked my mum if there was such thing as Santa and she said no. Even though I knew there wasn't I still willed her to say yes. It was heartbreaking!

15. Snow - love it or hate it?
Hate. It looks sooooo beautiful but always looks so disgusting after a while. It gets all grey and slushy and is just a massive inconvenience. Bah humbug!

Have you done this Christmas tag? Merry Christmas! :)
Lots of love, Jessie. xoxo

8 comments:

  1. a wonderful christmas post!!!
    following you via gfc and bloglovin now. hope you'll follow me, too!
    happy day!

    http://www.getcarriedaway.net/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm going to have to do this tag it's great!

    Jess xxx
    www.momentsofbeautywars.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agreee. Let me know when you've done it! :D xx

      Delete
  3. Great tag post, I love ELF and the harry potter films at this time of the year especially - they have been on itv I think for the past few days x

    Heather | Of Beauty & Nothingness

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like Elf too :) I know.. I've been watching them and recorded them all haha! xx

      Delete

CUSTOM BLOG DESIGN BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS