Sunday, 15 December 2013

wedding ootd.

This week the Christmas holidays started, which means six weeks off uni, Christmas, parties, lots of food and unfortunately revision for two exams in January. BUT I'm home, and it feels soooooo nice knowing that I don't have to travel back to Cardiff any time soon.

Yesterday I went to a wedding with my boyfriend + his family, so I thought I would do a sneaky OOTD post for you all!

I wore this drape dress from Topshop, as well as an amazing navy, sequinned jacket from Monsoon which you can find here. My jewellery and bag were all bought from Accessorize. I went in with the intention of buying a bag but with jewellery being 3 for 2 at the moment, I just couldn't resist!

I love doing my make-up for parties and normally opt for dark, smokey eyes and bright lips. However, as it was a wedding I wanted to go for more neutral colours and was in desperate need for something that gives good coverage and lasts all day.

I decided to wear Estee Lauder's Double Wear on my face as it's renowned for amazing coverage, and it didn't budge all day! I then applied some of Benefit's High Beam under my eyes to brighten them, followed by Sleek's Contour Palette which I reviewed previously here. I also added a little pink blusher with Benefit's Bella Bamba - one of my favourite blushers ever!

For my eyes I first applied some of Urban Decay's eyeshadow primer which is amazing! My eye shadow came out evenly applied and looking vibrant and didn't smudge or budge all day. I used my Urban Decay Smoked Palette and I think that using both Urban Decay products helped to enhance the eyeshadows too. It's always good to use products that are made to work together. I used the shade "Kinky" all over my eye lid and up towards my eyebrows, followed by some of the "Dark Brown" shade in the outer corner corner and then added a tiny smudge of black to make my eyes the teeniest bit darker. I (obviously) used Benefit's Brow-Zings on my eyebrows along with heaps of Maybelline's Rocket Mascara and Urban Decay's Perversion eyeliner on the under eye and Collection 2000's liquid eyeliner on the top.

For my lips I just used some of Natural Collection's Pink Moisture Shine. It was subtle but still gave a little bit of colour. And this is the final look...
I had a brilliant day yesterday and the venue looked stunning! Today I've woken up hangover free but am full of cold and have a sore throat and swollen glands :( booooo. I would much rather the hangover tbh!

What is your favouirte neutral make up look?
Lots of love, Jessie. xoxo

24 comments:

  1. you look beautiful! love your makeup. I really want that necklace, it's so nice! xx

    Grace | Glitter and Carousels

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you Grace :) I know I love it!! xx

      Delete
  2. I'm glad that you're home and are starting to enjoy the holidays!
    the-creationofbeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Such a shame I'm ill tho ey haha :( hopefully it goes away soon! xx

      Delete
  3. your dress is gorgeous!and i love the jewellery you chose!:)I'm now following your blog girlie!:)x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank yooou and thanks for the follow hun! xx

      Delete
  4. didn't realise it was 3 for 2 thanks for the heads up! you look gorgeous! that drape dress looks amazing on you x
    http://trendsareoverrated.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't either until I got to the till :D aw thank you so much! xx

      Delete
  5. love your dress!

    http://www.lifesahighway.com/
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. you get 6 weeks off! O_o
    you look lovely :)

    Shalay| itsjustshalay.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! It's because of exam period. Thank you :) xx

      Delete
  7. Love the dress and love the necklace! you look lovely!
    www.styleandbeautyforless.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a gorgeous dress<3 Love your make up too!
    Keep up the good work [:
    Would you like to follow each other?

    Xxx
    http://thedancingpencilonpaper.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful outfit, the dress is stunning and i am loving the necklace! xo

    http://prettypetticoats.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thanks so much! :) I know I love the necklace too haha! xx

      Delete
  10. That dress is amazing, and so flattering on you! We love the way it drapes. Your makeup is gorgeous too! Very natural, and Victoria Secret angel-like which we adore!! We can't believe the Rocket masacra still isn't available here in Australia :( we are desperate to get our hands on it

    http://mkstyleramblings.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you, that's really kind of you :) if only I had the body of a VS model aye ;) haha. Oh it's amazing!! xx

      Delete
  11. Oh my god Jessie this dress is absolutely beautiful! Hope you're having a lovely Christmas xxx

    ReplyDelete

CUSTOM BLOG DESIGN BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS