Sunday, 12 January 2014

i'm a student, get me out of here...

Currently I'm sat in my kitchen in Wales with a pile of revision notes and books surrounding me and the rain hammering against the window pane. I feel like I haven't done anything other than revise, eat, sleep and go to the gym these past few weeks, and I am willing the time to hurry up so I can get out of my house and start enjoying life again. Revision is so depressing for the soul.

This, among other things that have happened in my life lately, has made me think that life is too short. I want to get out and explore the world and in particularly just enjoy life! It's made me really consider travelling, something I've always wanted to do but have never had the balls (excuse me) to do it. I think that if I went with someone I knew for even two weeks at a time to a different country and did it over time I would be able to handle it. I could never go it alone or for a long time as I would miss my home and family and friends too much - I'm such a baby!

I thought that in true student fashion I would do a procrastination post of the places I most want to go.

1. Hawaii

If I could go anywhere right now it would be Hawaii. It just looks amazing. The beaches, the crystal clear water, the gorgeous flowers and most of all the sunshine! It just looks like a place where you can relax and just enjoy life. I always think of Hawaii as being such a laid back, chilled place and that's exactly what I need as I stress about everything! It beats sitting in Wales studying for an exam I'm bound to fail anyway.

2. Australia

I really, really, really want to go travelling around Australia. A few people from my town have moved out there and absolutely love it. It just looks like such a carefree, gorgeous place. The beaches are stunning and the night life is also amazing! Imagine going on a wild night in Pacha in Sydney and then chilling on Bondi Beach the day after soaking up the sun with a cocktail in your hand? I honestly don't think anything tops that! I would also love to go scuba diving in the Great Barrier Reef, although I think seeing all the fish would creep me out a little haha!

3. New York City

I think the media industry has made me obsessed with New York. I would absolutely love to visit there and whiz up and down the streets in a yellow taxi and do some serious shopping before having a walk around Central Park eating a hot dog from a street stall and visiting the Statue of Liberty. I think a couple of days would be enough here though as the busy streets and constant buzz of people around you would soon get exhausting, especially for a girl like me from rural Wales!

4. Paris

I've been to Disneyland Paris twice which was absolutely amazing from what I can remember (I was really young), but would love to go to Paris and go sightseeing around the city. A city break here would be so romantic. I imagine it to be such a beautiful city with stunning buildings and French cafes to eat at. Plus, it's a short plane journey which is perfect!

5. Los Angeles, California

As someone obsessed with The Hills and celebrity life I would absolutely love to visit Hollywood. I love the idea of this crazy lifestyle and if I had it my way I would be interning for Teen Vogue like Lauren Conrad right now, how amazing would that be? I love the idea of this but I guess in reality LA would be like living in a crazy bubble, but I would love to experience it!

As well as these five amazing places I would love to go on a little trip around Europe. I've visited Greek islands, France and Spain (as well as the Canary and Balearic Islands) with my family and friends before, and Italy and Switzerland with school and I loved them all. European countries are so beautiful, and have such pretty, narrow streets and funny, friendly people. I find also that the atmosphere is so relaxed out there. Children run around the streets laughing late at night, and everyone just relaxes and sleeps all day before spending time with friends and family all night. It's such a laid back lifestyle, something which I would welcome with open arms right now as I am living in stress central.

Have any of you readers ever visited these places? I'm sorry for the non-beauty-related post, but I do like to write a few different things now and again. Plus writing about how relaxed these people feel has actually chilled me a little, so I guess it was worth it haha!

5 comments:

  1. I'm currently on an exchange year out in Paris, but when you have exam fortnight you forget all about the sight seeing aspect! Haha! This post has definitely reminded me of my wanderlust! I'd love to go to Los Angeles too and definitely travel more around Europe!! I've been lucky enough to visit New York before too, and I'd go back there in a heartbeat!
    Keep in touch
    Andrea
    www.lanouvellenoire.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh wow that sounds so amazing! I would love to do that. Super jealous. xx

      Delete
  2. All amazing places! I absolutely love to travel, so a lot of these cities are on my wish list as well.
    the-creationofbeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for your kind comment :)
    Following you back, now! <3
    Lea

    zucker-schlecken.blogspot.de

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hear you! I am doing revision for first semester exams and it's sooooo depressing. I'd love to go to all these places, especially Hawaii and Hollywood :)
    alicekatex ♥

    ReplyDelete

CUSTOM BLOG DESIGN BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS