Wednesday, 15 January 2014

my favourite make-up items of 2013.

I may be a little behind posting this, but juggling exams, revision and house hunting, just having time to breathe is a miracle. January should be a month of detoxing and relaxing after the Christmas madness, but I honestly feel more stressed than ever. Not only do I have two exams coming up, but my friends and I are searching for a new student house for next year, as well as trying to find replacements for one we have already signed for - complete nightmare!!

Foundation - Bare Minerals' Powder Foundation and Estee Lauder's Double Wear.

These two have been my firm favourites for so long. They are honestly the best I have tried, and I have tried A LOT. The thing I love about BareMinerals is that it gives you such good coverage and does nothing to clog up your skin. When I started using this bad boy my skin cleared so much and it just looks so flawless and natural. You can check out my review here (aww one of my first ever posts!) and I've also written a review recently for my local newspaper on this bad boy - that's how much I love it!

When it comes to Estee Lauder's Double Wear this really is the one if you need full coverage that won't budge. I've worn it to weddings, parties, for work, everywhere.. And it will not move! It's amazing. I have used it for years and no matter what other foundations I try, I always go back to it, and I would recommend it to anyone. Only thing is though you need to make sure you get a good cleanser as it's so good at staying that it's sometimes hard to remove (particularly when drunk after a party haha!).

Blusher - Sleek's Contour Palette and Benefit's Bella Bamba.

It wasn't long ago that I bought the Sleek Contour Palette and I absolutely love it. I started getting obsessed with looking at "before and after contour pictures" and when browsing in Superdrug I spotted a palette for only £10 that had the word "contouring" on it. I had never used Sleek before but have been so impressed that I will definitely proceed to buy more in the future! Contouring makes such an amazing difference to the face and even creates cheek bones for people like me who have none! Check out my review here.

Benefit's Bella Bamba blusher is another all time favourite. I have used this every day for about four years and I absolutely love it. I feel like pink, rose cheeks look really cute, especially in the spring time! I've done a review for this one too, which you can find here.

Eyebrows - Benefit's Brow Zings.

I'm sure for regular readers of my blog there were no guesses for what products I use for my eyebrows, and the Benefit Browzings kit is the winner! I love this product. I never noticed how much eyebrows changed a face before I started pencilling mine in, and now I could never go out without either pencilling them in or having them tinted. Seriously girls, if you're looking for a new eyebrow product go for this one! It consists of a wax and a powder which means your brows look well defined and don't smudge or budge at all.

Mascara - Maybelline Range.

I've tried and tested a million mascaras over the years and have been loving the Maybelline range. Mascara is one of my most important products as I love big, volumised lashes. Maybelline mascaras do exactly that - they lengthen your lashes and give them heaps of volume. Since using these I never wear false lashes any more (I used to for nights out)and they don't smudge or cause little bits of black to rub off all over your eyes, which I'm sure you'll agree is not a good look.

Eyeshadow Palettes by Urban Decay.

I only had this palette for Christmas but the Urban Decay Naked 2 is a favourite of mine. I also had the Smoked Eye Palette by Urban Decay and loved that too, but I really like the gold glittery shades in the Naked 2 Palette. I think every blogger in the history of the world has at least one Urban Decay Palette and there's no wonder why. They really are amazing; vibrant and long-lasting. I love them and wear them every day. I can't wait to get my hands on Naked 3 now!

Eyeliners featuring Urban Decay and Collection.

Eyeliner is another make-up must have for me. I always wear dark eyeliner and don't feel myself without it. It's so funny as I remember when I was younger the thought of drawing on my eyes with pencil really scared me. I was so worried I would poke myself in the eye, but the Perversion Eyeliner by Urban Decay is amazing. Like the palettes once applied it will not move unless removed with a make-up remover or cleanser. It's so good. It also runs on really smoothly without hurting or pulling at your eyes and can be smudged to create winged liner and smudged effects. I also LOVE Collection's eyeliner. A cheap but fabulous product that I wear on a daily basis.

Lipstick - Barry M's shade #160.

I've only recently become a big lipstick fan, although once it's on I always end up wiping it off. I bought this deep burgundy lipstick from Barry M, and did a review of it which you can take a look athere. It wasn;t long ago that I bought it but I really have loved it and have used it a lot, especially on nights out!

Other top picks.

These highlighters I adore. I've used them for years and Benefit never fails to let me down. The High Beam can be used to brighten under the eyes, which is particularly useful if you're a student who's been on a bender the night before, and the Posetint is great to use with the Bella Bamba to create really pink cheeks, especially in the summer!

What are your favourite products of 2013? Please let me know if you've done a post like this, I would love to check it out! Hope you're all doing well :)

13 comments:

  1. I feel your pain with all those things! We've finally managed to sort a student house for next year though, moving from halls to a house without making close friends yet is so stressful! I love Estee Lauder's foundation and have wanted to try Benefit Brow Zings for ages :)
    alicekatex ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was lucky in finding a house with a good set of friends as I live with some friends from home and some from uni, just the summer rent is too much so three of us wanna move elsewhere and finding replacements is a nightmare :'( You should defo try Brow Zings! xx

      Delete
  2. Naked and Sleek palettes were up there for me too!
    http://whattaylorbuys.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Think all beauty bloggers loved those products last year! xx

      Delete
  3. great selection of products girl!

    http://thisgirlloveschic.blogspot.co.uk

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Maybeline deffinatly stood out with the mascaras in 2013!

    Sharlotte // Sharlotte

    ReplyDelete
  5. hey, i nominated you for my leibster award
    please check it out xx
    brittanyhearts13.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the Estee Lauder Double-Wear foundation!

    Ray | Obey Ray

    ReplyDelete
  7. You've chosen some great picks!

    Libby from www.lifeoflibby.co.uk
    xx

    ReplyDelete

CUSTOM BLOG DESIGN BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS