Friday, 3 January 2014

NYE.

Happy New Year everyone! :) It's 2014 so it's time for all that New Year, New Me, blablabla. But I don't see the big deal of everyone hating on those who are seizing the opportunity of a fresh start and making changes to their lives. Although the people who go to the gym for a month and take over all the machines do annoy me - if you're gonna start, you need to stick to it!

My new years resolutions are to keep up with my healthy eating and gymming in the hope of seriously toning up by the time summer arrives, to continue to work hard in university and to really work on my blog and to interact more with other bloggers. Also, I want to learn how to cook spag bol from scratch and to learn to cook in general as I am useless and I reeeaally want to do some travelling over the summer... I just need to man up and stop worrying about being homesick. Even if it consists of going on a few holidays haha!

I've also had some exciting news today - as I am now going to be the beauty and fashion blogger and writer for my local paper! I'm so excited for this as this is the field I want to get into and I am so grateful to my editor for giving me the opportunity :D exciting times ahead!

I thought today I would share a post of what I wore and got up to on New Years Eve! A little late I know...

I got this gorgeous colourful dress from River Island on sale at just £15! It was previously £28 so this is a huge saving and although I wasn't sure of it at first I was really pleased that I bought it. I teamed this with a simple gold chain and (of course) my new River Island booties and a red clutch bag (also from River Island). I think it's safe to say I was certainly repping River Island that night!

When it came to my make-up it was another opportunity to use my new Christmas make-up (reviews coming soon). I decided to opt for the standard smoky eye make-up and teamed it with a bright red lip to match my outfit.


I prepped my face with a bit of Benefit's Triple Performing Moisturiser. I find that this moisturiser makes my face feel nice and smooth and makes my foundation set really nicely, without making my skin shiny and oily. I then used my new Illamasqua goodies! I had these bad boys for Christmas and I'm not going to say too much as I am going to review them, but they are fabulous. I put on the foundation first before the finishing powder on top, and this really sets the make up perfectly!

Now that my base is complete I used some of Benefit's High Beam under the eyes to brighten them up and then contoured my face with my Sleek's Contour Palette, and popped a bit of Benefit's Cha Cha Tint on top!

Eyes next and I began by using some of Urban Decay's Eyeshadow Primer which is absolutely amazing. After you apply this and your eyeshadow it doesn't move! I used lashings of Rimmel London's Scandal Eyes and applied my favourite Benefit's Browzings, before creating a smoky eyes look with my new Urban Decay Naked 2 Palette - tutorial coming soon!

My eyeliner is one of my most important things.. I honestly don't feel myself without eyeliner on! So that is why I always use my Urban Decay Perversion Eyeliner which doesn't budge all night. It honestly is the best thing I've ever bought. I then use my Collection 2000 liquid eyeliner on the top eyelid and my eyes are complete!

The finishing touches are completed when I have applied some Benefit Bella Bamba to the cheeks and a bit of Avon's bright red lipstick to the lips!

I had a really good night at my local, but now it's time to pack up my party shoes and hit the books.. Stupid exams :(
Lots of love, Jessie. xoxo

10 comments:

  1. The dress looks lovely on you! such a bargain. good luck with your exams x
    http://trendsareoverrated.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I know couldn't believe it. Aw thank you, I need it haha :( xx

      Delete
  2. You look really pretty! And you used some amazing products :)
    http://whattaylorbuys.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it's great that you have resolutions. There are so many people out there who are negative about it all - but it's just a great reason to start working on ourselves, I think! You are looking absolutely gorgeous.
    the-creationofbeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks lovely! I know I totally agree.. if people want to do more with their life then why not?! Go for it I say :) xx

      Delete
  4. Love the dress, it fits you so well! Thanks for stopping by my blog,following you right back!
    Happy New Year! Xx
    www.natalielovebeauty.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you :) and thanks for the follow. Happy new year to you too lovely! xx

      Delete
  5. Great post, you look gorgeous! Fab resolutions too, I know exactly what you mean about cooking I suck too and could really do with having a few lessons ha
    xxx

    www.salted-roses.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks hun! Haha I am so useless :( tempted to go on a cookery course but I would be the worst in the class haha xx

      Delete

CUSTOM BLOG DESIGN BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS