Monday, 6 January 2014

Urban Decay Naked 2 Palette: Smoky Eyes Tutorial.

I know I'm a little late on the bandwagon here, (to be honest most people have even moved onto the next one), but for Christmas I had the Naked 2 Palette from Urban Decay and instantly fell in love.

I bought the Urban Decay Smoked Palette in the summer and absolutely loved it. I used it every day without fail and loved the deep and dark shades, especially as Autumn/Winter flourished. I had never been more impressed with an eyeshadow palette, and put the Naked 2 on my Christmas list as soon as December came; I loved the look of the pretty golden shades, and knew that it was a much-loved palette among bloggers.

Image from Google Images


I'm sure you have all seen this beauty, if not in your own make-up bags then online, but it's so gorgeous and I'm so glad I've got it. I've used it constantly over the Christmas period, and loved creating different looks for different parties. I thought that for today's post I would show you how to create a subtle smoky eye look! And it's so easy to do.

After you've applied your base, pencilled in your brows and applied some eyeshadow primer (seriously this makes a world of difference) brush on some of the Foxy shade and apply it all the way to your brows. This will brighten up your eye lids and make your eyes look bigger and your eyebrows look super arched. It also gives an even base all over the eyelid.

Next, use some Half Baked and brush it all over the eyelid. Apply it quite thickly and evenly, but this time don't go up as high with your brows; just limit it to the eyelid. Then apply some Snakebite to the outer half of the eyelid, making it darker on the very outer area.

Finally, using the thinner brush in your palette line the around the lashes with the Blackout shade and smudge it slightly to have a super smoky look. Then just add some more mascara and some black eye liner and you're done! It really is that simple.


If you follow the instructions and copy the photos above you should have a cute smoky eye look in minutes! And you can even tone it down to wear during the day time, or really darken it for an extra vampy look!

Do you have the Naked 2 Palette? What are your favourite palettes?

2 comments:

  1. This look is gorgeous! What a lovely palette. It is definitely on my wishlist.
    the-creationofbeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I had eyes like yours all colours pop on bright eyes!

    tzeyien89.blogspot.co.uk xxx

    ReplyDelete

CUSTOM BLOG DESIGN BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS