Friday, 21 February 2014

barry m nail art.

For those of you who read my most recent haul you will know that I treated myself to some new Barry M nail varnishes on the 3 for 2 offer in Superdrug. (Let's be honest, what beauty blogger can resist that bargain?) I thought for today's cost I would showcase some Spring Time nails which I did using the gorgeous Key Lime Green Gelly shade (available here), as well as using an old favourite of mine (similar polish available here).

I took this picture before I had given them a little tidy up - I was too excited with the result haha!

I began by prepping my nails with a clear base coat in order to avoid staining my nails as I'm sure the staining from a lime green polish would make my nails look so yellow that it looks as if I've been a chain smoker for 45 years - not a good look. I never really bother with base and top coats but it does make a huge difference. Your nail polish goes on smoother and lasts a heck of a lot longer, which is always a plus in my book.

Next I added two coats of the lime green. Although it looks vivid now I would say without the second coat it's rather transparent so needs the second coat to make it stand out. It looks gorgeous just on it's own as a spring time polish but I fancied jazzing it up a little so decided to try and do some sort of diagonal line with this pretty glitter polish and was really pleased with how it turned out. Again, you need to use two coats of the second polish in order to make the glitter dazzle.

Apply a top coat to keep your nail varnish in tact and give a gorgeous, glossy finish and voila! it's complete. It really is that simple! You could do this with any plain polish and any glitter polish you have. The list of looks is endless!

What are your favourite nail arts of the moment? Do you have a favourite Barry M polish?
If you've done any nail art please let me know, I would love to take a look!
Lots of love,
Jessie. xoxo
Twitter | Instagram | Bloglovin'

8 comments:

  1. great manicure :) if u can make some clik for me under sheinside i ll be happy

    http://zielonoma.blogspot.it/2014/02/spring-with-sheinside-shop.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. nice job:-)

    Kisses
    Ewelina
    xxxxxxxxx
    chiclifestyleofewelina.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the glitter topcoat
    http://www.letstalkbeauty.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks amazing!!
    http://whattaylorbuys.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete

CUSTOM BLOG DESIGN BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS