Friday, 28 February 2014

february favourites.

Tomorrow it will be March 2014. I find this absolutely insane but I am really glad to see the back of the winter months and the dull, dreary weather we have been having here in Wales. March means spring time is here and the summer is just around the corner which gets me so excited! I adore this time of year, especially when the days become longer and the nights lighter. It's also time for change when it comes to our wardrobes and make-up bags which really excites me. I am so sick of wearing black, dark clothes and dark make-up and can't wait to start wearing some pretty, bright lip shades and neon nail varnishes to match colourful outfits! That being said take a look at my favourite products of the month...
1. MAC Lipsticks - Brave Red and Candy Yum-Yum - available here
It's only been a week since I received these gorgeous items after I won Beauty Blogging Brunettes's giveaway, but they are already firm favourites of mine which I am sure will be appearing in a lot of future FOTD and monthly favourites posts! The Brave Red is Creamsheen so the lipstick is applied smoothly and evenly and gives a lovely finish. It's really vivid and bright and super long lasting. The Candy Yum-Yum, which I think is the perrrrfect summer shade, has a matte finish an comes out so bright. I love it! I've worn these constantly since I received them and now I can't wait to get my hands on some more MAC lipsticks. I can't believe it's taken me this long to jump on the MAC bandwagon!

2. St. Moritz Self Tanning Mousse - available here
If you're like me and feel like no clubbing outfit is complete without a flawless tan then this is the ultimate tan for you. I have seen a lot of people rave about St. Tropez (which I do love) and Cocoa Brown tanning lotion, but this foam is probably the best I have found and costs just £2.99! Yes you read that correctly, £2.99!! The tan comes out in a mousse form which you can apply to clean skin and leave to develop overnight. Then just shower it off and you have a really natural looking tan which lasts for a few days after just one application. I love how when you apply it you can see exactly where it's going and correct any smudges or patchy areas. The finish is so amazing. You don't look like you've "been tangoed" so to speak, and instead you have a healthy, tanned glow. An amazing product that all beauty bloggers should have their mitts (excuse the pun) on.

3. Lychee Gelly Barry M Nail Varnish - available here
I've worn this constantly these last few weeks. I love the fresh, nude colour and how it matches with every outfit. It also works well as a base colour to jazz up with pretty glitter designs and does last really well, provided you apply a few coats. I bought this polish as part of a 3-for-2 offer in Superdrug and am so pleased I got it. Pale is the new bright! (Although I'm still in love with bright neon colours!)

4. Hugo Boss Orange Women's Eau De Toilette - available here
I had this wonderful perfume in a gift set for Christmas from my brother - actually from my mam, she always buys them and then my brother writes the gift tag - and I really love it. It has a really sweet smell but nothing to overpowering and, although it smells orangey, it's not too strong or fruity. I also love the packaging. I have a thing about perfume bottles. I love them to look pretty and bright, but this one looks really classy and professional to go with the high quality brand image. The perfume itself is of a really high quality too. It lasts for hours and doesn't change smell into something stale or processed. It remains natural and smelling sweet - I love it!

5. Benefit's Bella Bamba Blusher - available here
Now that the days are starting to be longer and lighter I decided it was time to brighten my make-up and have really been loving Benefit's Bella Bamba. It's a hot pink blusher that can be applied to the cheeks to create a rosy complexion and to make your cheeks look flushed and pretty. I have worn this for years but got this particular blusher as part of a set that came with the Cha Cha Tint (which is also fab). It's a great blusher to create a spring time make-up look.

What are your February Favourites? Please let me know if you have done a post! I would love to check it out!
Lots of love,
Jessie. xoxo
Twitter | Instagram | Bloglovin'

8 comments:

  1. I also love the St. Moritz self tanner! I simply can not get myself to spend the cash on St Tropez..
    I do need to get my hands on Candy Yum Yum, it will be perfect in the summer with a tan x

    ♥ elín from elinlikes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's amazing! I'm so impressed with it. Yes it's such a vibrant shade :) xx

      Delete
    2. I'm following you on bloglovin x thanks for checking out my blog!

      ♥ elín from elinlikes

      Delete
    3. Thank yo so much :D You're welcome hun xx

      Delete
  2. Oh wow, that pink lipstick from MAC looks amazing. So bright and bold!
    the-creationofbeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Mac lipstick Candy yum-yum :)

    Sophie
    xx
    Pocockins

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think I'm the only blogger without Candy Yum Yum! Need to sort this out. These pictures looks fab hun xox

    www.tartanbones.com

    ReplyDelete

CUSTOM BLOG DESIGN BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS