Sunday, 16 February 2014

review: estee lauder double wear foundation.

When it comes to foundations I have tried almost every one under the sun - Illamasqua, Benefit (review here), Chanel, The Body Shop, Rimmel London (review here), Bare Minerals (review here), Clinique - the list is endless. But for me there is no match for Estee Lauder's Double Wear if you're looking for a long lasting foundation with a fantastic finish.

About 3/4 years ago I was in desperate need of a new foundation. I had toyed around with a few for a while but nothing seemed to be working for me. I have combination skin, so it is dry in some areas but can get particularly oily around the T-zone and, like all young people, I am prone to the odd breakout here and there. I desperately wanted something with fantastic coverage to conceal any blemishes and freckles, something that was long-lasting and that didn't require endless touch-ups, and something that gave a flawless, natural looking finish. A friend of mine suggested trying Estee Lauder so one day after work I headed to Boots and gave it a try. It's fair to say I never looked back...



Estee Lauder prides itself in creating make-up that's long lasting and suitable for everyone. It is a high end brand and can be quite expensive, but it is honestly worth it as the quality of the products is fantastic. When it come to a long-lasting foundation Estee Lauder's Double Wear foundation is the best I have tried. In fact, it's so long lasting that you need a really good cleanser (such as Estee Lauder's Perfectly Clean 3-in-1 Cleanser, review here) to get it all off! It claims to last up to 15 hours (it certainly does) and also has an SPF 10, so you can wear it on your face in the summer and still be protected.

Price
Double Wear is available here for £28.50 which may seem a little pricey, but it really is worth it. It's price is that of a high-end make-up product and it's quality certainly emulates that.

Packaging
I really like the packaging for all Estee Lauder products to be honest. I think they all look sleek and sophisticated and really reflect the brand identity of the company and show off their high-end appeal. This bottle, although small, packs a load of the liquid foundation and is easy to find in your make-up bag. However, as it doesn't have a squeezy top when you're coming to the end of the bottle it can get a little messy as you have to pour it out and I often end up pouring too much.

Coverage
This is the best thing about this foundation. It gives a perfectly flawless coverage, and you hardly need to use any of it. Just apply a tiny stroke here and there using a foundation brush and build it up slowly until you're completely happy with your coverage. Then set it with some loose powder and you're done. The foundation will not budge all day. I recently went to Bristol and applied it at 7am and it was still flawless when I got home at about 9pm. I've worn it to weddings and parties and even if I go to the gym after wearing it all day it's still there just as I applied it. I really cannot recommend it enough for those who want to have a full coverage foundation. Another bonus is as you don't need to apply too much, it lasts for ages and ages (at least 3-4 months) which is brilliant in my book as with other foundations I've used I have to go and buy more in a shorter space of time, so I evidently end up spending more than if I had gone all out with this more expensive one in the first place.

So girls, if you're looking for a long-lasting, flawless finishing foundation I urge you to try this one. You won't be left disappointed!
Happy Sunday! Lots of love,
Jessie. xoxo
Twitter | Instagram | Bloglovin'

10 comments:

  1. I really like this foundation but often find it a little too thick for my liking! I tend to not give it as much use as my other foundations purely for the fact that it doesn't have a pump and when I'm in a rush in the mornings I don't want the mess! I normally save this for special occasions because I really do like the finish! Great review x
    thegirlsnextdooruk.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah it does cause a lot of mess and you need a good cleanser to take it all off. I love it though! In the summer now I will do the same and wear a mineral foundation and this for special occasions I think xx

      Delete
  2. I love this foundation, the coverage is fantastic and I get so many compliments when I wear it x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this foundation! It keeps me matte all day long :) x

    www.natalielovesbeauty.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same, that's another thing I love about it. xx

      Delete
  4. I adore this foundation! It is by far my favourite! :) x

    www.beautiful-in-essence.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is one of my favorite foundations

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really want to try this foundation, next on my list to buy.

    Sophie
    xx
    www.pocockins.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this foundation! If you want a lighter coverage try using it with a damp beauty blender that's what I do in the summer months :)

    ReplyDelete

CUSTOM BLOG DESIGN BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS