Monday, 10 March 2014

carmarthen benefit's beauty blogger event: Gimme Brow review.

Last week I was very lucky to have the opportunity to go to a beauty blogger event that was held in Debenhams in Carmarthen, by the lovely Jo at Benefit. I've been to a Benefit event before (see my write-up here) but was so excited to go to a local one to meet some other bloggers in the area!

I arrived at the Benefit counter just before 2pm to meet the other bloggers (check out their blogs - Rebekah, Josephine, Katie and Charlotte) and then we were led to a room upstairs in Debenhams which had a large table full of cakes and treats, a mirror and a gift box each. We were then given a brow tutorial using Benefit's new product Gimme Brow in honour of Brow Arch March, which is a collaboration between Debenhams and Benefit in support of Look Good Feel Better, a charity which supports those women and girls suffering from the side effects of cancer. It's a brilliant charity and it was great to get to know about the product and to donate for the charity too.

Gimme Brow is a volumising micro-fibre gel which, when applied, clings to eyebrow hairs and the skin to create brows even if they are virtually non-existant. It is buildable so you can apply just as much as you want to create perfect, natural-looking curves that last all day. A full brow gives a really youthful look, but everything out there right now, including pencils, wax and powder, are often difficult to apply and can create unrealistic appearances. The Gimme Brow gives a completely natural look as it has volumising micro-fibres that mimic the look of your real eyebrow hair! Amazing!

It comes with a super small brush as you can see above, almost like a mascara wand, and you simply brush the product onto your eyebrows, starting from the inner brow and outwards. I will say it does take a little getting used to and can be quite tricky at first, but the results are fantastic. Gimme Brow is the first of it's kind with an exclusive formula that creates a really natural look. The micro-fibres target the tiny, barely visible hairs in your brows and the result is a natural looking brow that doesn't smudge and lasts all day.

For me, eyebrows are so important. They shape your face and can make your eyes look bigger and for the older ladies can make you look bright and youthful. I have used the Gimme Brow every day since using it, but I do like to have a more defined brow so I apply some Benefit's Browzings on top. However, in the summer when I will be wearing less make-up I will definitely be saving the Browzings for special occasions and embracing the au naturel look and just using Gimme Brow.

Gimme Brow costs £17.50 and comes in two shades including a light and a medium. I use the medium shade but some girls in the event had very, very light brows and using the lighter shade managed to achieve a gorgeous, natural looking brow. It is a little pricey, but you hardly need to use any product so it is sure to last for a very long time, and even longer as it doesn't require touch ups!

Check out how you can get involved with #browarchmarch here. In just 10 days Benefit has already managed to raise over £42,000 for the charity and you can donate too by getting a free brow shape at any Benefit counter in Debenhams and donating just £5 to Look Good Feel Better.

Have you got involved with #browarchmarch? What do you think of Gimme Brow?
Lots of love, Jessie. xoxo
Twitter | Instagram | Bloglovin'

6 comments:

  1. I'll love to see u try it on :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will do a few tutorial soon when I have used the product for a few weeks :) I like to give it a good usage before doing a complete review, xx

      Delete
  2. Ooh such a fantastic product isn't it?! I love mine... sounds like a really lovely event as well! xxx

    Gemma // Miss Makeup Magpie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love mine too! Yes it was really nice thanks hun xx

      Delete
  3. I really want to invest in this - will be fab for when I'm pulling my eyebrows out with stress!
    Megan x | MeganRoisinn

    ReplyDelete
  4. I reallly want to try out this product!! love their new line

    I nominated you for the Liebster award! For details check my blog.

    www.Itskieemm.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

CUSTOM BLOG DESIGN BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS