Monday, 31 March 2014

march favourites.

Another post about monthly favourites and another month vanished into thin air. I can't get over how fast time is going, it's a little scary actually. I finish my second year of university in just two weeks (except for a few assignments to hand in after the Easter break) and have to start choosing my module options for third year soon too. It's crazy to think that this time next year I will be working on my final drafts of a dissertation and getting ready to prepare to leave university, unless I get onto the Masters course I am eyeing up. It's also quite sad to think I will then officially be a grown up :(

However, let's get away from that scary subject of growing up and focus on something a little less complicated - my March Favourites. For me this month has been all about natural looking make-up with bright lips, and I've even taken up the spring trend and ditched the eyeliner and my signature black eyes for a more subtle spring-time look.


Sleek Contour Palette - available here
This month I have been embracing the Spring make-up trends and have been going for a natural, dewy look and have been achieving this with the help of my trusty Sleek Contour Palette. I absolutely love this product and have used it every day since I bought it back in November. I love using it to contour but also as a blush for a more natural look. It's great for creating summery looks and also gives a gorgeous glow!

Benefit's They're Real Mascara - available here
I got given a freebie of this bad boy when I attended Benefit Carmarthen's event (read all about it here) and initially I wasn't too impressed with it. It felt clumpy and made my eyelashes stick together looking like little spider legs - not a good look! However, I persisted and eventually g0t the knack of using it and now apply after using a volumising mascara from Avon (available here). It gives amazing length and volume and honestly looks like you're wearing fake lashes when it's all natural, baby! I love it.

Benefit's Gimme Brow - available here
You didn't think I would go a monthly favourites without mentioning this now, did you? It is amazing,I've never been so impressed with an eye-brow product before. I do love my Brow-Zings but this gives a really natural, even looking finish which I am extremely impressed with. It gives the illusion of thick, Cara Delevigne style brows, even if they are non-existant and it lasts all day. When I go away on holiday this is what I will be using.

Benefit's Bella Bamba - available here
For days where I have fancied a little extra colour I have been opting for my favourite blusher, Bella Bamba. It's a really vibrant shade which gives a lovely rosy, yet subtle, colouring on the cheeks. It also looks great teamed with a bright pink lipstick for the ultimate girly look.

Benefit's Total Moisture Facial Cream - available here
I also got a little tester pot of this Benefit moisturiser and absolutely love it. It's really soothing and cooling on the skin and leaves your face feeling fresh and awake. I even use it as a primer as it sets the skin ready for make-up and provides a protective barrier so that my skin remains hydrated throughout the day. It contains mango which is really hydrating and a tri-radiance complex that helps reinforce skin's moisture barrier. Amazing!

As you can tell it's been a very Benefit month for me!
What are your March favourites? Have you written a post yet?
Lots of love,
Jessie. xoxo
Twitter | Instagram | Bloglovin

10 comments:

  1. Great monthly faves
    http://burstwithenvy.blogspot.co.uk/?m=1

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woah, you've deffo loved Benefit this month haven't you? :o

    Sharlotte | UK Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have! I love them every month really haha! xx

      Delete
  3. It is scary how fast this year is going, only a few months until my birthday & I turn 25 wahh dreading that one!
    I really do want to try the Benefit 'Gimme Brow', I haven't seen one bad review of it.
    Maybe Its Megan Leigh

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's crazy! Ooh at least there will be lots of partying and celebrations :) you should definitely try it.. It's amazing!! xx

      Delete
  4. I really need to purchase that sleek contour kit, it sounds so good! Also love the benefit they're real mascara, one of my favourites! x
    http://the-finestthings.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Sleek palette is in my favourites this month, too! I sooo want to try Gimme Brow!

    thegirlsnextdooruk.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm not impressed with the benefit mascara as I don't think its worth the hype at all!

    Jess x
    www.momentsofbeautywars.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  7. I absolutely love They're Real! At first I wasn't so keen as well, but now it holds 'the best mascara I have tried' label! I will have to try Gimme Brow - sounds amazing! x

    Kathryn | effievanity

    ReplyDelete

CUSTOM BLOG DESIGN BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS