Sunday, 23 March 2014

meet charlie...

So today I thought I would share with you a more personal post, and it features something that is just too cute to not blog about - my grandparents' new puppy! Even if you are a cat person and quite frankly hate dogs I guarantee you will be coo-ing over this little guy!

My family have always had pet dogs - I have two, my cousins have one and my grandparents have had a huge collection of furry friends over the years - and they are certainly part of the family for us, and I suppose any dog owner out there. Sadly my Nan's beautiful cocker spaniel Kizzy was put to sleep a few weeks ago as old age got the better of her and she just wasn't herself anymore. She was a lovely, kind dog but health problems became too much and the family agreed that the best thing to do was for her to be laid to rest. It was heartbreaking for our family, especially my grandparents who saw her every day for over 11 years.

After a while my nan decided that she needed another little companion around the house and as my cousins have a dog of the same breed she started looking around for breeders of Miniature Dachshunds, in other words Mini Sausage Dogs! She found a well established breeder and had her heart set on one little sausage dog puppy, and the time finally arrived to collect him yesterday!
He is without doubt the smallest, cutest pup ever and wanders around the kitchen following people, or to play with his toys and is constantly wanting cuddles. We measured him from the tip of the nose to the end of his tail and he is just 12 inches long! How cute is that?! He has been named Charlie and I'm sure he will be a very cheeky chappie and will give my grandparents and indeed the whole family lots of joy, affection and happy memories that only a dog can over the years. After all, they are a man's best friend!

Do you have any pets? What do you think of little Charlie?
Lots of love,
Jessie. xoxo

28 comments:

  1. Charlie's absolutely gorgeous! He's so small and tiny, and aww I want a Charlie haha he's so cute! :) x

    http://rinicawrites.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw he is just so tiny and cute!!

    Check out my beauty giveaway..

    http://laurenslittleblogs.blogspot.co.uk/

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. he is beautiful!

    http://thisgirlloveschic.blogspot.co.uk

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. omg so cute <3<3<3
    http://zielonoma.blogspot.it/

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG, omg, oooooooooooomg, so CUTE!!!

    Love
    Ewelina
    xxxxxx
    chiclifestyleofewelina.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my! He is the cutest puppy!
    I want Charlie :)

    DarlingSophie

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG! Could there be anything more cute!? I think not
    http://www.letstalkbeauty.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my god he's soooo cute! In love with him <3 I've got a dog as well (she's an akita inu :)) and I can definitely say nobody can love like a dog! They're amazing creatures and I couldn't be happier to have one in my life <3 How about following each other via GFC/Bloglovin'/Instagram/FB page? I would love to :) just let me know on my blog and I'll make sure to follow back asap! Have a nice day babe xx
    Isotta
    Red Velvet | Bloglovin' | Instagram | Facebook Page

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I agree, dogs are the most loveable animals! I will be sure to follow you xx

      Delete
  9. Awww what a little cutie, I want a miniature Dachshund so bad!!! Jealous x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should defos treat yourself to one haha! xx

      Delete
  10. So cute! He looks like my puppy jack-Russel they have the same shades of fur on their face!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Charlie is so cute! I have a miniature wire haired dachshund who is the sweetest little thing ever even though she's nearly 11 now haha! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww really!? They are such adorable little dogs! xx

      Delete
  12. It's just too much!! I literally love sausage dogs!! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh my God he is SO precious!! I've always wanted a sausage dog and he is just too cute. His little paws!!! xx

    ReplyDelete

CUSTOM BLOG DESIGN BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS