Wednesday, 26 March 2014

review: the body shop camomile waterproof eye make-up remover.

One thing I could never do is go to bed with my make-up on. I used to always do it when I was in my teens and would end up with really sore eyes after sleeping with heaps of mascara still applied, and really bad skin after leaving my orange Dream Matte Mousse sink into my skin overnight (I was a gorgeous looking teen as I’m sure you can imagine). I soon learned that it was really important to thoroughly wash my face every night before bed, but I really got into make-up removers and cleansers when I started working in The Body Shop when I was sixteen.

This is where I fell in love with The Body Shop’s Camomile Waterproof Eye Make-Up Remover, and since I have never looked back. The Body Shop prides itself and making you look and feel good whilst also doing good for the community and planet and the Camomile Waterproof Eye Make-Up Remover contains lots of Community Fair Trade ingredients. This means that the products help those who live in the area where they are sourced to be treated fairly and equally in the work place and to receive the utmost care and working quality. The packaging is also 100% recyclable. This is another thing I love about The Body Shop as it does so much for charity and also does not test on animals, so their products are fantastic and they help others along the way too!

Previously the product came in a gel base which was absolutely brilliant. However, The Body Shop discontinued it and brought out this liquid base remover. Although many argue that it doesn't live up to previous standards I disagree. It really does remove every little bit of make-up that you're wearing, even that stubborn waterproof mascara that never seems to budge. The lotion now comes in a water base (I know mineral water-based removers are all the rage at the moment!) and all you have to do is shake the bottle to activate the solution and make it cloudy and simply apply it onto a cotton wool pad and wipe your eyes. It really is that simple. I wear heaps of eye make-up daily including eye shadow, primer, mascara, eyeliner and liquid eyeliner and the Camomile Waterproof Eye Make-Up Remover takes it off with ease. Even waterproof mascara is quickly removed by using it.

As well as being a brilliant make-up remover I find that afterwards my eyes feel really clean and refreshed. It is really soft on the skin and doesn’t cause any irritation as it is fragrance, colour and alcohol free. Camomile has healing properties and really soothes eyes that are tired after a busy day of wearing heavy make-up. I really couldn’t live without it now.

It is also very long-lasting. I bought one back in September and it wasn’t until February that I had to buy a new one, and as I said I wear loads of make-up on my eyes. I’m sure it will have even more durability for those who prefer to wear just a simple layer of mascara on the eyes. In total it is a brilliant product that costs just £8. I’ve noticed that other water-based make-up removers cost a great deal more (take Bioderma for instance which can cost up to £16) and although I haven’t tried many others I can assure you that this is a firm favourite of mine, and I wouldn’t turn to anything else now.

Have you tried this product? What are your favourite The Body Shop products?
Lots of love,
Jessie. xoxo
Twitter | Instagram | Bloglovin'

12 comments:

  1. i dont know this product,but i would like to prove them :)
    http://zielonoma.blogspot.it/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love using micellar water to remove my eye make-up as well as all my others before I cleanse as it's easier, but I am on the hunt for an eye make-up remover so this looks tempting :)
    alicekatex ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This one would be perfect for you I think!xx

      Delete
  3. I would love to try this product from The Body Shop. I am obsessed with their body butters and lotions so I can imagine I'd like this too, although not the same thing.
    Becka | This Is My World

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I looove The Body Shop products too. This is lovely :) xx

      Delete
  4. Body shop have the best facial cleansers and toners, they're so soothing on my skin. I love them! Will deffo have to give this a go ASAP :) xx

    Hannas’ UK Beauty | Lifestyle blog @ hannatalks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, their skincare is brilliant!xx

      Delete
  5. nice post!
    your blog is great, I followed you on gfc, g+, bloglovin and instagram (@losaway)
    hope that you can visit our blog :)
    xx

    http://losaway.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you and thanks for the follow :) xx

      Delete
  6. I haven't used The Body Shop for decades, I really should re-visit one of their stores!!

    And by the way, I have an international giveaway on my blog, hope you will enter;
    http://beautyandlifestylehunter.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've been on the lookout for a new eye makeup remover for a while now after reading this post I think I'll pick this one up. I love how soothing camomile is! Just followed you on bloglovin :)
    Amelia | ameliamaryx
    x

    ReplyDelete

CUSTOM BLOG DESIGN BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS