Monday, 3 March 2014

spring-time make-up look & 300 followers!

It’s finally March (can you believe it?) and spring is here! This makes me super happy! Even though I’m a winter baby the winter is not for me. I hate the cold and wind and if it snows you will find me snuggled up in front of a fire and not out having a snowball fight. I also get sick of wearing black – black trousers, black boots, black leather jackets – the list is never ending. I need some vibrancy in my life, and March means it’s time to inject some colour back into my wardrobe and make-up bag.

Today I thought I would do a little post on some spring time make-up I did earlier. Boy was it nice to wear some bright pink lips for a change! Although I do love my deep red and burgundy lipsticks it was nice to wear something a little more bright and vibrant and, although I did do a smoky eye affect, I chose lighter shades instead of the dark browns and blacks I am used to.

Firstly I used Estee Lauder’s Double Wear foundation (obviously) to create an even base. (If you haven’t already you can check out my review of this fabulous long-wear make-up here.) I applied it using my Real Techniques Foundation Brush (which comes as part of a pack available here) which means it goes on smoothly and evenly so that the skin looks flawless. This is a really good foundation for covering pesky blemishes and I adore it. I then finished off my base by using an Illamasqua setting powder which I love. It’s a little darker than my foundation but reduces shine and sets the foundation so that it doesn’t budge all day.

I’ve gotten really into contouring lately (thanks to my housemates who are obsessed with the Kardashians) so next I used my new Illuminating Highlighter from Collection and applied this under the eyes in a triangular shape before blending with a Real Techniques Contour Brush. At first it’s quite alarming just how white it is but it blends really well leaving your eyes looking fresh and bright. This highlighter is especially good for those of you who suffer with dark circles or “bags” under the eyes as the light reflects off it diminishing those pesky panda eyes. It’s equally good if you’ve just woken up hung over after a wild night out on the tiles and need to look fresh – student life ey?! I also applied a line along the bridge of my nose, a patch on my chin and outlined my cupids bow on my lips. These are areas which reflect light so this is sure to give you a dewy glow.

Now that the face is highlighted it’s time to add some “shade”, and to do this I used my Sleek Contour Palette (see review here). Using a blusher brush from The Body Shop I applied a solid line just under the cheek bones, and along my hair line and jaw line. Again don’t be alarmed by how dark it comes out because as soon as you blend it fades beautifully to give you a really chiselled face. I add a little bit of bronze on my cheeks and then add some Bella Bamba Blusher (see review here) on top of this to create a peachy finish, perfect for spring time!

Today I used Rimmel’s eyesbrow pencil which is a nice alternative from Benefit’s Browzings (although I am on the search for some new eyebrow products if you know of any) before applying some of Urban Decay’s eye shadow primer, which is absolutely fantastic. It makes your eyeshadow stand out and means it will last all day and layering some Avon Supershock Mascara on my lashes. I used the Naked 2 palette and firstly applied a base layer ("Bootycall") and then used "Chopper" all over the eyelid and just above the eye socket. I really love the pink, glittery pigment and think it would be the perfect party shadow. I then used "Snakebite" and "Busted" on the outer corner and smudged a little underneath before lining my eyes with Urban Decay’s Perversion eyeliner on the waterline and Collection’s Liquid Eyeliner on the top to complete the smoky eyes look. I love wearing dark eye shadows and eye liner but to soften this look you could use lighter shades of brown and brown mascara and eye liner.

Finally I lined my lips with MAC’s Processed Magenta and applied my Candy Yum-Yum lipstick to complete a spring time look! Again you could use paler pink lipsticks if you’re not used to experimenting with crazy, vibrant colours.

And here's a shameless selfie to show the complete look!
What are your favourite spring looks of the moment?
Lots of love, Jessie xoxo
Twitter | Instagram | Bloglovin'


I also have some very exciting news! Today my little old blog reached 300 BLOGLOVIN' FOLLOWERS! This makes sooooo happy to see that people support my blog. Thank you so much to you all! xxx

8 comments:

  1. Urban decay eye shadows are fab. I love them!

    Lots of Love
    Ewelina
    chiclifestyleofewelina.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too :) I want the Naked Basics palette now! xx

      Delete
  2. your make up looks stunning!

    http://thisgirlloveschic.blogspot.co.uk/

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the look! Congrats on 300 followers x
    elín from elin likes

    ReplyDelete
  4. love this products, your so beautiful ! lots of love,
    www.rachelkromdijk.nl

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations. That is such a pink lipstick! Your makeup looks beautiful :-)

    Hannah x | lovelettersandsnippets

    ReplyDelete

CUSTOM BLOG DESIGN BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS