Saturday, 26 April 2014

five steps to clearer skin.

It’s time to start bearing all when it comes to our skin. We don’t want to walk around with heavy make-up on our faces through the summer months, but this can be quite a daunting time for many teenagers and women, especially those who are used to wearing a heavy coverage foundation or suffer from blemished skin. However, after a few weeks of testing different products and regimes I have come up with my top 5 steps to clearer skin…

Home
1 – Drink Water
I cannot stress how important it is to drink lots of water, especially through the summer. Water helps flush out toxins in the body so is vital if you want clear skin, as well as strong hair and nails and a gorgeous summer bod. It gives your skin a wonderful glow as it is well hydrated and rid of dirt and oils. Aim for at least 1.5 litres a day and ditch those fizzy drinks!

Home
2 – Cleanse
Make sure you have a proper skincare regime which includes a natural cleanser. Wearing make-up to bed clogs your pores causing blemishes, redness and brittle eyelashes. Research shows that not doing so ages the skin by years. For example, not cleansing your make-up before bed for a month ages your skin by a decade! If you want a fresh face this should be top of your night time regime, ladies.

Home
3 – Eat healthily
We all want a bikini body for the summer, right? Well eating healthily not only helps you get in shape but it works wonders for the skin too! Ensure you eat lots of fruit and veg filled with vitamins, as well as meat, fish and eggs for lots of protein, and avoid sweet treats and alcohol. I went out a few times last week as a means of catching up with friends and it wreaked havoc on my skin. Try giving up unhealthy snacks for a week and see the benefits!

Home
4 - Use sunscreen

If you want a natural, healthy glow then make sure you wear sunscreen in the warmer weather. People often shun sunscreen in the hope of catching a tan, but this is such an overlooked beauty product. It keeps your skin looking healthy, young and beautiful and has absolutely vital health benefits. Make sure your make-up has an SPF too to keep you protected.

Home
5 – Know your skin type

Last and certainly not least, know what your skin needs! Make-up counters everywhere offer free skin consultations where you can talk to professionals and find out what your skin needs. Using the right products is vital and needn’t cost you a fortune. For oily skin I suggest Superdrug’s Tea Tree range, The Body Shop’s Vitamin E range is great for drier skin and if you have a combination skin type then try The Body Shop’s Seaweed range (with Community Fair Trade seaweed from Ireland!). There is a huge array of products available, with something for everyone, so get out and try some samples!

What are your top tips for perfect skin?
Lots of love,
Jessie. xoxo
Twitter | Instagram | Bloglovin'

18 comments:

  1. Great post! Just what I needed!
    Would love if you could check out my blog if you get a chance!
    www.stylecastle.co.uk
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) I'm now following your blog, love it! xx

      Delete
  2. great tips! its crazy how drinking more water makes such a difference!

    This Girl Loves Chic 

    Facebook : ThisGirlLovesChic 


    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, it makes a huge difference! xx

      Delete
  3. Great tips! I really try to ensure that I do all these things!

    thegirlsnextdooruk.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm trying my best to keep at it :) xx

      Delete
  4. These are really good tips! I have oily skin and La Roche Posay products are the best I've tried so far!

    http://abigailalicex.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh my skin gets quite oily too.. I will have to try that! xx

      Delete
  5. Hello hun:)
    Love this post very much,and your blog looks very cute!
    Maybe we could follow each other? Let me know on my blog!:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thanks :) would love to follow eachother! xx

      Delete
  6. I really try to do these things on a regular basis, especially drink more water. I know it's a big one, but sometimes I find myself forgetting!

    xo Jackie
    Something About That

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm the same. I'm trying to force myself to drink 1.5 litres a day now haha xx

      Delete
  7. Such an interesting post!
    I totally believe everything you wrote. I try to wear make-up only if it's really necessary.
    Would you like to like each other Fb page? Let me know.
    And check out my new post if you want <3

    www.limaswardrobe.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I try my best too. It's so hard sometimes though as I am so used to wearing full face of make-up. Sorry I don't have a blog make-up page :( but will check out your post xx

      Delete
  8. Great post,. For reason I fell like I do all of that but still get bad hormonal breakouts which totally suck! :(

    I'm a new follower of your blog and I really hope that you can visit my blog/follow me too x

    Tia

    www.bellezzababe.blogspot.co.uk
    http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/3459552/bellezza-babe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh i have the same problem :( but hopefully these will help! Thank you for following, I will be sure to follow you back :D xx

      Delete

CUSTOM BLOG DESIGN BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS