Monday, 7 April 2014

fotd: hen do make-up.

This weekend I went to my first hen-do and have to say what an amazing weekend! My best friend's sister is getting married so my friend and I were asked to go along too, and we thoroughly enjoyed. It was a packed weekend with lots to do including a pole dancing class, strip show (where we saw a little more than expected!) and VIP at a nightclub in Cardiff along with fancy dress, of course! But I thought I would do a post on the make-up I did to accompany my trucker's fancy dress outfit. We may not have been dressed to impress but I always like to make an effort with my make-up!

(Unfortunately the lighting is pretty crap in my student house!)

BASE
I firstly moisturised and prepped the face using Benefit's Total Moisture Facial Cream which almost acts like a primer. It sets the face ready for the foundation so that it goes on smoothly and evenly. I then used my trusty Estee Lauder Double Wear Foundation in shade Fresco 01, before setting the foundation with Illamasqua's Powder Foundation to give a natural finish, with no shine.

CONTOUR AND HIGHLIGHTING
This is my favourite part of my make-up to do at the moment and I always turn to Sleek Make Up for this. However, firstly I highlight my face with Collection 2000's Illuminating Touch Concealer. I highlight under and around the eyes, along the nose, in the centre of the forehead and on the chin just under the lips. This highlights your T-Zone and these areas catch light the most.

Next I used Sleek's Contour Palette in the medium shade to contour. I use the darkest brown to contour just under the cheek bones, along the hair line (particularly above the eyebrows), along the nose bone to create the illusion of a perfect nose and then under the chin to shadow. I then blend completely by using the contour brush from Real Techniques' Core Collection. It does take ages to blend but make sure you do it thoroughly as you don't want any dodgy lines!

BLUSH
Again I use Sleek's Contour Palette and use the medium brown colour to highlight the cheek bones before adding a little of Benefit's Sugarbomb Box O' Powders to add a little peach colour. I hadn't used this one in ages but found it at the bottom of a long-lost make-up bag and decided to give it a try - I'd forgotten how much I loved it!

EYES
For the eyes I absolutely love Urban Decay products. I used their primer to set the eyes and it is absolutely amazing. Seriously, when it's on absolutely nothing budges! I filled my eyebrows in using Benefit's Gimme Brow, as well as lining them with Benefit's Brow-Zings to define them a little more, which is always a must for a night out.

This weekend I opted for the Smoked Palette to give a really dark, vampy look. Firstly I applied Kinky all over the eye right up to the eyebrow to give an even base, before applying Barlust across the eyelid and into the eye socket. I love this shade as it gives a teeny shimmer, but nothing that's too crazy. I then dusted a little Blackout on the outer corners and swept a little under the lower lash line to blend the look.

For my mascara I used Avon's Supershock Mascara and lined the eyes using Urban Decay's Perversion Eyeliner along the waterline and on the eyelid.

LIPS
Finally for the lips! We were wearing pink high-viz jackets and pink hard-hats so I obviously chose
MAC Candy Yum-Yum Lipstick which I adore. However, first I lined it with elf's Studio Lip Liner which is so cheap and absolutely amazing. It lines the lips perfectly and doesn't allow lipsticks to bleed. A brilliant purchase which I would definitely recommend!

Here's a picture of me and my two best friends before heading out all ready in our trucker gear!

Have you been on any fancy dress parties recently? What's your go-to party make-up?
Lots of love, Jessie. xoxo
Twitter | Instagram | Bloglovin'

12 comments:

  1. That sounds like such a fun time! And I love your makeup. That lipstick shade is gorgeous.
    the-creationofbeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was soo fun haha! Thanks Shannon :) xx

      Delete
  2. Oh wow, you look gorgeous! Love your lip colour and eye makeup!

    You're hen do dress up gear is so cool! It's a little different to the usual stuff haha.

    Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving a lovely comment :) I'm now following you back sweetie! x

    Laura x
    http://www.laurasallmadeup.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you, Laura! :) Yes it was a change indeed haha, it's because the bride is getting married to a man who owns a lorry and truck business hehe. Thank you so much for the follow lovely! xx

      Delete
  3. I love the lip colour- MAC sure know how to make a good lippie :)

    Beauty Soup | UK Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely makeup look- I love the urban decay primer!! Hope you had a lovely night :)

    I've nominted you for the Inspiring Blogger award, check it out here:

    http://laurenslittleblogs.blogspot.co.uk/

    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, me too! It's amazing! Aw thank you so much :) so kind of you xx

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. Thank you, everyone says that haha! xx

      Delete
  6. Such pretty make-up :) hope you had a great time at the hen do lovely! xx

    www.krystelcouture.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jenny :) it was an awesome night thanks! xx

      Delete

CUSTOM BLOG DESIGN BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS