Saturday, 19 April 2014

new season? new hair!

My hair is the type that needs a little help along the way. I could never leave it naturally as it would be a flicky mess, and the colour is a dark-ish brown, so I always like to style and colour my hair to give it a bit of life. When I was in year 8 and 9 I decided it would be fun to get blonde highlights which eventually turned to a Barbie white-blonde all over colour (what was I thinking?!). I thought I looked absolutely gorgeous, but in reality I looked disgraceful. Black roots and white, thin, damaged ends - what a mess! Eventually I dyed my hair an all over brown colour and have had it dark ever since.

However, this year I decided it was time for a change and now that the summer is just around the corner I knew it was time to go for it. I'd had dark hair for over five years and was getting sick of it. I started to strip my hair using Head and Shoulders Shampoo and even washed my hair a few times using Fairy Liquid! Anything to get the colour out! Eventually, I found a style that I liked and plucked up the courage to ask my friend who is a hairdresser to give it a whirl, and here are the results...

Firstly, this is my hair colour after years of being dark...

I thought for a gradual change I would go for a slightly dip-dyed look, but I didn't want it to be too much of a stark line between brown and blonde. Instead we opted for a technique called Root Stretching. This meant that the brown used on the roots of my hair would blend through to the ends with highlights of lighter colour going through the ends too. I was so nervous to see the final result, but am absolutely thrilled with it!
Such a huge change!
I can't believe how much the colour has lifted! Looking back and realising just how dark my hair was is actually quite a shock and, as much as I loved having dark hair, this is more of a bright, Spring-time look! I think in the future I'm tempted to go even lighter (although nowhere near as blonde as the year 9 days!).

What do you think of the new change? I hope you like it! :)
Lots of love, 
Jessie. xoxo
Twitter | Instagram | Bloglovin'


12 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Aw thanks so much! I'm loving it too! xx

      Delete
  2. That's super pretty! It suits you so much. I get annoyed at my hair sometimes because I can't change it.

    Josephine Jade Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jo :) aww you have lovely, long hair! xx

      Delete
  3. Wow it looks gorgeous! This is exactly the kind of thing I'm trying to do with my hair at the moment, but it's tricky with such dark hair to not end up looking too streaky / orange. Hope I can get such good results with mine! X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was so worried it would be really orange but try stripping it with fairy liquid first ha! It really does work. Thanks Claire :-) xx

      Delete
  4. Both hair colours are lovely on you. Darker hair is my favourite on you.

    the-renaissance-of-inner-fashion.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do love having dark hair but needed a change..
      Think it was getting a little too dark! xx

      Delete

CUSTOM BLOG DESIGN BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS