Friday, 4 April 2014

OOTN - formal floral frock.

Last night was a very exciting night as my course mates and I headed off the Cardiff University's first journalism ball. It was held in the Cardiff Museum, which was the perfect venue, and we even had a gorgeous 3 course meal with lots of champagne before an after-party in Glam Nightclub (with a lot more champagne!. It really was a fantastic night! The only thing I didn't like was the fact I demolished the sticky toffee pudding despite giving up cakes for Lent - I have no will power.

So in standard blogger fashion the first thing I did when hearing of the Journalism Society's plans to have a ball was to have a few mini panic attacks about what to wear. Ideally I wanted to recycle an outfit and wear something I had already worn before, but no, instead I headed to the shops and after purchasing a variety of new outfits I opted for this little number...


So sorry about the crappy picture quality! Living in my student house is like living in a cave in the first Ice Age.

Dress from Lipsy and shoes from Miss Selfridge (spring/summer 2013)

I wanted something sophisticated so chose a midi length dress and loved the fit of this particular one as the material was quite thick and of really good quality so held me in perfectly (I definitely needed this as I practically swallowed the three course meal in one gulp and consumed copious amounts of alcohol!). I personally felt it was figure flattering. Although I did want to look smart and elegant I knew that the after-party would be in Glam so didn't want to feel to overdressed for that and felt this dress fitted the bill perfectly. I also loved the pretty, floral pattern and bright colouring and felt it was the perfect spring-like dress. After hours of trawling through Cardiff to find a dress I was so relieved to finally find a ball-like dress I felt comfortable in! I teamed it with my favourite coral heels, for comfort and to match the coral and pinks in the dress, along with a coral bag (not pictured but also an oldie from River Island).

All in all, it was a fantastic night and I really enjoyed, especially the after-party where everyone was very merry and drunken dancing all over the shop! It was lovely to go out with people from my course and get to know them a little more, and I really look forward to the next night out with my fellow journalism students!

Have you been to any formal events recently? Any OOTD/OOTN posts for me to have a read?!
Lots of love,
Jessie. xoxo
Twitter | Instagram | Bloglovin'

11 comments:

  1. You have a lovely blog and great post, I hope we can follow each other and if you decided to follow me on BLOGLOVIN, please let me know so I can follow you back.

    www.love-joice.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look amazing!
    http://whattaylorbuys.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  3. So beautiful, feminine, and elegant!! <3 <3

    xo- becky
    www.becksbabyy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww what a pretty dress, you look fab! :)
    I love Lipsy dresses, I just wish I had a reason to wear one, I never go anywhere worth spending on a nice dress :(

    P.S I've followed you via Bloglovin' and GFC, would you be able to return the follow via GFC(I know you've already followed me with Bloglovin' - much appreciated, thanks!)

    Laura x
    http://www.laurasallmadeup.com/

    ReplyDelete

CUSTOM BLOG DESIGN BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS