Saturday, 3 May 2014

april 2014 favourites.

Okay, I know I say this every month but WHERE HAS THIS MONTH GONE? Seriously!? Before we know it this year will be over and it will be 2015. I'm seriously scared at how fast time is flying by, but as they say "time flies when you're having fun!" This month has been a fun month, at least the start was! I had my journalism ball, nights out with friends, parties and bank holidays to enjoy... But lately it's been a mesh of university assignments, working in Miss Selfridge almost every day and going to the gym (yawn!). I can't wait until the 16th May when my assignments are over and I can enjoy some much needed freedom! So, in standard beauty blogger fashion it's time for the monthly favourites. Here's what I have been loving this April...
Samy Fat Hair Amplifying Hair Spray
For those of you who are regular readers of my blog you will know how desperate I am for perfect hair. Mine is quite thick and easy to style, but it's flat and lacks volume tremendously. This is where Fat Hair comes in. I was browsing in Superdrug a few weeks back and decided to try out this hair spray.. Anything for bouncy, big hair! I love it. I've been using it almost daily for any style I do and it's perfect. It has a brilliant hold so that my hair stays in place and if I tilt my head a little and whack on some hairspray it gives masses of volume which stays. I am so impressed by it and will do a full review soon, but for now I urge any of you flat haired beauties to get out and try this bad boy! It's at such an amazing price too. One thing I will say though is not to put the spray too close to your head as it can get a little sticky. Keep the can at arms length and spritz all over the hair for a perfectly, volumised look!

Topshop Ditzy Lipstick
As I said earlier I have been constantly working this month at Miss Selfridge despite having masses of uni work to do, and as a thank you my manager bought me this lovely lipstick! I've been wanting an orange/coral one for a while and haven't tried Topshop lipsticks before but was really impressed. The shade isn't too bright but looks fab in the sunshine. I'm also really impressed by the quality of Topshop lipsticks. They are really long-lasting and apply smoothly and evenly to the lips. I'm excited to try out more shades now!

Miss Sporty Liquid Concealer
I was in a rush some time this month and desperately needed a new concealer as I'm contour crazy at the moment! I picked this one up from Superdrug for jut £2.99 and can't believe how good it is. It blends in really nicely with my foundation and Sleek Contour Palette to give a lovely, bright finish. I would definitely recommend! I think I've used it so much now that it's starting to run out, but for just £2.99 I can't complain about buying a new one.

Barry M Lychee Gelly Nail Paint
You can't beat Barry M Gelly Nail Paints in my opinion. They apply smoothly, dry quite quickly and last for a relatively long time. I have a small collection coming along but I've been loving Lychee this month as it's nude yet bright and I think nude nails look really classy and cute. They also match with any outfit which is an absolute bonus for me and are a perfect summer shade.

Avon Moroccan and Argan Oil Leave In Treatment
I adore Moroccan Oil. Seriously since I've been using it in the past year my hair has grown and the condition of it is so much better. My hair constantly feels soft and smooth, and I don't need to cut it as much because of split ends, which is a bonus for someone who is desperate for long hair. I love the original Moroccan Oil but it is a little pricey, so my boyfriend bought me this one from Avon and I'm hooked! It's the only one I use now. As you know in April I dyed my hair a little lighter which meant (dun, dun, duuuuun) bleach! I was really nervous to do this as I thought my hair would be ruined but my friend who did it for me did a fantastic job and to keep my hair in tip top condition I have been using Moroccan Oil as usual and cannot recommend it enough.

What are your monthly favourites? Have you tried any of these products?
Lots of love,
Jessie. xoxo
Twitter | Instagram | Bloglovin'

19 comments:

  1. I've heard fantastic things about FAT hair, so I need to invest in it at some point. Who doesn't want massive volume?! Xx

    Beauty Soup | UK Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is brilliant! And so cheap too :) xx

      Delete
  2. Lovely lipstick colour! Really want to try FAT hair products x
    http://whattaylorbuys.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Definitely give it a try! xx

      Delete
  3. I'd love to try out the Moroccan oil it looks really good maybe once I've finished up the one I'm currently using I'll pick this one up.
    Asia xo
    http://asiajade1996.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely try it.. You will see such a difference! xx

      Delete
  4. Moroccan oil is so popular at the moment, I really need to get my hands on some.

    IAmLinderella.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love Moroccan/Argan oil. I have never tried the Avon brand but now I am curious.

    xo, N
    www.natashasolae.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! The Avon brand is a lot cheaper and just as good :) xx

      Delete
  6. I adore the Fat Hair range, so underrated!

    Belle ♥
    Mascara & Maltesers

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohh me too! Can't believe I hadn't heard of it before xx

      Delete
  7. Barry M polish in Lychee is one of my all time fave shades. I haven't heard of Fat Hair before I must check them out.
    Maybe Its Megan Leigh xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gorgeous isn't it? You defos need to try Fat Hair! xx

      Delete
  8. Just came across you blog, love it! :)
    I'm a huge fan of the original morrocan oil how does the avon one match up to it?

    amyfarrmorris.blogspot.co.uk

    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Amy :) It's just as good I would say, and at a significantly cheaper price too! xx

      Delete
  9. Oooh I love that Topshop lipstick, they definitely don't get enough credit! This post is great, I am new to the blogging community and I'm so happy I found your blog! Love it, just followed:)

    wiyld.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you so much :) that's so kind of you! I will follow you back xx

      Delete
  10. The fat hair hairspray sounds nice - I love anything that will add more volume...the more volume the better!! :)

    Layla xx

    www.sprinklesofstyle.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

CUSTOM BLOG DESIGN BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS