Sunday, 11 May 2014

cardiff's unique boutique event featuring. luna amani.

Last week I got the exciting opportunity to attend a fashion and beauty event in Cardiff. The event was set up by Wenda James-Rowe, a personal stylist who founded The Style Team in 2004, and featured lots of up and coming Welsh fashion and beauty companies, based around the Cardiff area. It was really nice to see what Wales has to offer. As a tiny, mostly rural country you'd think Wales is a world away from top fashion cities such as London, Paris and Milan, but in fact the capital has a thriving fashion and beauty industry, of which I am very proud of.

The Unique Boutique was set up to raise money for three Welsh charities - Ty Hafan, Tenovus and Bobath Cymru - and was a fab event. I really enjoyed looking around the pretty stalls and chatting to the owners of the companies. One lady that I was really glad I got the chance to meet was Luna Amani. She is a Cardiff-based hand-bag and accessories designer and was launching her first ever collection at the event. Her bags are to die for!The range is inspired by Luna's Persian heritage; a country where she spent fifteen years of her life and one that has a huge influence on her designs. She combines Middle-Eastern tradition with modern prints and aesthetics to create truly unique and stylish bags and jewellery designs.


The range included some gorgeous clutch bags, wrist bands and hand bags These were two of my favourites!

This gorgeous geometric print is featured throughout the range. I love the bright colours which are perfect for summer!


Luna and myself at the event!

It was lovely to meet Luna and to witness her first sale! She has worked incredibly hard on her collection and it would be great to see it thrive in the fashion industry. I have no doubt it will. The designs are incredibly unique and innovative and I can imagine them being a hit with celebrities and reality TV stars as they make the perfect addition to any outfit. It's great to see a Welsh fashion designer showcase some amazing pieces, and even better as she actually studied in the town where I live! My claim to fame right there ;)

To see her full collection take a look at the Luna Amani website here. I will warn you that if you're a guy or gal who loves unique, funky accessories you're going to be hooked to the website! I can't wait to see what creative pieces Luna produces for A/W 2014!

What do you think of Luna's designs? What is your favourite?
Lots of love,
Jessie.xoxo
Twitter | Instagram | Bloglovin'

11 comments:

  1. Oh wow it looks like you had an amazing time Jessie-Ann, I adore those bags! They are stunning xx

    Gemma // Miss Makeup Magpie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was fab thanks Gemma :) oh i know, they are gorgeous! xx

      Delete
  2. It looks like a great event! I hope you had a beautiful time! ^_-*

    ❤ ✿ NEW POST ✿ ❤
    Rinako

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun event to attend! Here stuff looks so fun and unique!
    Kallie @ But First, Coffee

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow - everything looks beautiful....the colours!!! Gorgeous!

    Layla xx

    www.sprinklesofstyle.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the colours too! So pretty :D xx

      Delete
  5. I would have seen that bright pink colour and my attention would have been immediately caught, it does look as though you had an amazing time x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gorgeous isn't it?! It was fab, thank you! xx

      Delete
  6. Good to see this event went well, I couldn't make it :( x

    Leanne - A Slice of My Life

    ReplyDelete

CUSTOM BLOG DESIGN BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS