Thursday, 8 May 2014

haul: recent beauty buys.

Lately I've been on a few too many shopping sprees but as summer is (hopefully) just around the corner I felt I needed to update my wardrobe and make-up bag. I say this as I am sat in the kitchen with a fluffy dressing gown, pyjamas and woolly socks on while the rain hammers down outside. Summer make-up for me means bright colours, light coverage and a golden brown tan, so I picked up a few of these little items on my last trip to the shops.



bareMinerals Powders
bareMinerals is the perfect summer foundation. It's light on your skin but gives a really fantastic, even coverage. In the winter I like to use Estee Lauder's Double Wear but I find this too heavy in the summer and my skin tends to break out between the hot weather and heavy liquid foundation. bareMinerals is something that keeps my skin in check. Apply a primer and then in circular motions brush the bareMineral's Foundation Powder onto your face, before applying a little extra on areas that need more coverage. I never thought a powder would give as much coverage as bareMinerals does. It really is amazing! I also love bareMineral's Warmth Powder, which is effectively a bronzer. Great to give a golden glow. See my full bareMineral's review here.

Revlon ColorBurst Balm Stain - shade "Crush"
I have seen a few of these reviews floating around on blogs lately and thought I would take the chance with this deep shade. It's fair to say I love it! The product is applied quickly and looks lovely and glossy. I was quite sceptical as I often end up applying lipstick millions of times a day but I looked at my lips a few hours later and could see that my lips were still a lovely deep red colour. The balm stain leaves your lips feeling moisturised and stains the lips to give a lovely colour. I can't wait to get more shades now!

Sleek True Colour Lipstick - shade "Exxxagerate"
I've wanted a purple lipstick for quite some time. I love the look of them on other people, but am a little unsure about pulling it off. I saw this Sleek lipstick in this vivid purple shade and decided to bite the bullet. As it was so cheap I didn't mind buying it to simply test out how it looks on the lips. I haven't had the chance to wear it yet but think it will soon become one of my favourite summery shades!

Bourjois Magic Nail Polish
For years I have searched for something quick and easy to help me remove nail varnish, especially those pesky glitter polishes! This is amazing. Dip your nail into the pot and voila! it's polish free. It's so easy to use and I couldn't go without it now.

Topshop Matte Nails - shade "Tobasco Trouble"
I love matte nail varnishes and I love Topshop nail varnishes, so what a wonderful combination! The colour is bright and vibrant (perfect for summer!), and it also dries quickly which is brilliant for me as someone who is too impatient to sit around and wait for nails to dry. It is also really long lasting. I applied it on Saturday and yesterday I redid some areas that had chipped. That's a good four-five days of chip-free nails! I'm excited to get more shades of these matte nail varnishes too. Orange is next on my list!

Have you tried any of these products?
Lots of love,
Jessie. xoxo
Twitter | Instagram | Bloglovin'

33 comments:

  1. I really need to try the Revlon balm stains! I keep seeing them everywhere lately. This colour is fab! xx

    Katy | Little Miss Katy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're lovely :) I want to try the light pinks next. xx

      Delete
  2. I'd love to try the Topshop and Sleek products.

    http://www.bee-on-a-budget.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are some of my favourite brands! xx

      Delete
  3. I have just posted a full review on the Bare Minerals original foundation! I LOVE it! Was so surprised by it!

    www.britishbeautyaddict.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's amazing isn't it? I love it. xx

      Delete
  4. Lovely picks! Man, that Sleek lipstick is sure a daring shade! Xx

    Beauty Soup | UK Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's really bright! I'm worried it may be too bright for me haha! xx

      Delete
  5. I love Bare Minerals so much!! Really want to try the Revlon Colour burst and Topshop nail varnish x

    http://lipstickandsparkles.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amazing isn't it?! You should treat yourself :) xx

      Delete
  6. Love the look of the Revlon balm! You picked up some lovely bits!

    Salted Roses // UK Fashion Blog

    ReplyDelete
  7. ooh how gorgeous is that Topshop polish?! I've not tried any of their polishes before xx

    Gemma | Miss Makeup Magpie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh Gemma, you need to try! They're brilliant! xx

      Delete
  8. Lovely picks! I am really enjoying your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That purple lipstick is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That matte nail polish is such a lovely colour!

    X Malena
    www.Fashioncontainer.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanx my love for this inpsiration!<3
    www.supongoestilo.blogspot.nl

    ReplyDelete
  12. I adore the revlon balm stains, they're one of my high street favourites! x

    lillies and lipbalm

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amazing aren't they?! I want moooore. xx

      Delete
  13. That revlon balm stain colour is gorgeous! I also really want to try the topshop matte nails but haven't got round to picking them up yet.. Definitely on the 'to buy' list

    Ash xx

    ashleedel.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love them! Yes definitely get your hands on some. They look fab on. xx

      Delete
  14. I just don't get how bare minerals foundation works :o I'm intrigued by it! xx

    www.chanellejade.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

CUSTOM BLOG DESIGN BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS