Thursday, 15 May 2014

review: samy "O calories" fat hair products.

I have always had the most annoying hair on the planet. I'm lucky in the sense that my hair naturally is quite straight so I don't have to deal with tangles, knots and a crazy afro every time I wake up in the morning, but the problem for me is that my hair is so fine and flat to my head and desperately requires a little "oomf".

That's where Samy's "Fat Hair" Amplifying Products come in. I've featured these on many of my monthly favourites (see here for example, and have been asked to do a review many times as people are unsure of the brand. Similarly I had never heard of this brand before I saw it in Superdrug a few months ago and in a time of desperation I picked up the mousse and hairspray. I am pleased to say that I, and indeed my hair, has not been let down!
The products are super easy to use and for ultimate volume I use both. I brush my hair out after having a shower and with my hair still damp I add some Amplifying Mousse to the roots of my hair. Squeeze a small amount out onto the palm of your hand and add to the roots squeezing the hair as you add it to ensure maximum body. I will say that with the mousse a little goes a long way and this is another thing I love about the product. It's sure to last with the amount that you need to create ultimate volume. I added a little too much once and my hair was left feeling quite "crispy" at the root, so to ensure your hair still looks silky smooth just add the bare minimum.

I then like to dry my hair upside down to give a little more volume, before styling it as normal. That's the beauty of Fat Hair as your hair is left looking and feeling silky smooth, just with that added volume. If you add just the right amount it doesn't look as though you have added product to your hair and it doesn't leave your hair feeling greasy and full of residue.

Finally, when your hair is styled in the way you like it shake the bottle of Amplifying Spray and holding the bottle 10-12 inches away from your hair spritz it all over. I also like to lift up the roots and spray underneath, as well as holding my hair upside down for maximum height. Your hair is sure to stay in place all day/night and it gives the hair a beautiful shine. And that's it! Your hair is guaranteed to stay big, volumised and full of body all day/night and I even find when I wake up the next morning after using it my hair is still big and styled just as it was the night before! It really is wonderful.

As well as being amazing products you won't believe the price! This is the best part!! They are currently HALF PRICE in Superdrug - so the Amplifying Mousse costs just £2.97 while the Amplifying Hairspray costs £3.97! I don't think there are any brands out there to rival these amazing products at these fantastic prices.

I can't wait to try more of the range now!
Have you tried Fat Hair prodcts?
Lots of love,
Jessie. xoxo
Twitter | Instagram | Bloglovin'

13 comments:

  1. Ooh these sounds really nice! 0 calories made me laugh!
    The perks of being a hipster

    ReplyDelete
  2. The hairspray is my favourite one to use! like you I hadn't heard of it until it suddenly popped up in superdrug, I have the amplifying spray that I really like to use with the hairspray as well x

    notanotheroneamy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh i love the brand.. I'm going to definitely try that next. xx

      Delete
  3. These look great. Definitely going to have a look in Superdrug! xx

    Katy | www.littlemisskaty.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, the price is very nice! ^__^ and sounds so good!

    ❤ ✿ MY BLOG ✿ ❤
    Rinako

    ReplyDelete
  5. They sound amazing! I've never tried this brand before and i'll definitely have to try it :)

    Pretty please could you nominate me in Cosmopoltan's blog awards 2014? I would really appreciate the support and it only takes a second or two I promise! Please follow this link to vote for me: http://www.next.co.uk/cosmo-blog-awards/

    Thanks so much! Love Emma xx

    www.collagemepretty.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. This sounds like such a bargain, I think I may give this a try! :)

    Emily / Glittery Teacups

    ReplyDelete

CUSTOM BLOG DESIGN BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS