Thursday, 29 May 2014

review: simple skin care.

One thing that a lot of girls (and guys!) forget is the key to the perfect made-up face is squeaky clean, moisturised and nourished skin. Skin care is so important and the best place to start is to ditch the soap and get started on the cleanser! And that's where Simple Skin Care comes in.

My mum started buying me Simple products back when I first started to make a big effort with my skin care routine, and that was years ago. I have tried many, many skin products and, while expensive products such as Estee Lauder's Perfectly Clean Cleanser (see review here) are fantastic, sometimes you don't need to spend an absolute fortune to receive high quality products that achieve great results.



Cleanser

Simple's Kind To Skin Purifying Cleanser is fantastic. It's really easy to use, very kind to the skin and costs next to nothing. To use you simply squeeze some product out onto a cotton wool pad and cleanse your face in circular motions moving upwards and outwards and that's it! What I love about it is that you don't need to submerge your face in water or ruin loads of face cloths to scrub this off; it removes every scrap of make-up in a few circular strokes and leaves your skin feeling clean and refreshed. 

The cleanser contains pure ingredients including Pro-Vitamin B5 which restores, softens and soothes. It doesn't contain any artificial flavours or colours and is perfume-free. It leaves my skin feeling fresh and cool and doesn't leave an oily residue despite it being quite a thick cream. 

And the best bit? It costs only £2.99! That's under £3 for 100ml which I would say lasts me well over a month. A little goes a long way considering I wear a full face of make-up including lots of eye make-up and Estee Lauder Double Wear every day. To purchase click here.

Eye Make-Up Remover

Likewise I've tried many eye make-up removers and while The Body Shop's Camomile Eye Make-Up Remover remains my firm favourite, this is a great budget buy. This time the product consists of a liquid substance so here you only need the tiniest amount applied to a cotton wool pad so that you can just wipe away your eye make-up. Don't rub or tear at the eyes, just gently wipe in circular motions. Again I love that you don't need to use lots of wipes and face cloths, just a few pads of cotton wool.

This product costs just £3.25 which is pennies compared to other removers on the market and is also available at Boots. Again the ingredients contain "simple goodness";  however, I will say that it does sting a lot if you accidently get some of the remover in the eye (talking from experience!). It's not as good as other removers on the market but for the price you are paying you can't really complain! I would say to achieve the best results I would use the Cleanser to remove eye make-up first and remove any stubborn eye make-up with this.

Have you used Simple Skincare before? 
What are your favourite skincare items?
Lots of love, 
Jessie. xoxo



20 comments:

  1. I really like simple as well! I use their make up wipes and the night cream and like both :)

    Jasmin Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're a brilliant budget brand! xx

      Delete
  2. I love skin care, and I love this brand :)
    xx

    http://fashionalatic.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't used anything from Simple for ages, I keep reading fab reviews like this though so maybe I should keep my eye out! Especially when it's so bargainous x

    Josie’s Journal

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's sooo cheap, it's brilliant if you're strapped for cash but need new products :) xx

      Delete
  4. I have their makeup removing wipes and they work SO well - even on waterproof stuff!
    the-creationofbeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know!! My waterproof mascara is easily moved with these. xx

      Delete
  5. That skin care looks nice! =) Thank you for the tips!

    ❤ ✿ MY BLOG ✿ ❤
    Rinako

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi beautiful,
    I was just browsing through & stumbled upon your lovely blog - It looks gorgeous and it has interesting posts that I can relate to. I'm now following you via gfc, keep in touch love x

    Benish | Feminist Reflections

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you so much :) that's really kind of you xx

      Delete
  7. I LOVE Simple. I wasn't a particular fan of the cleansing lotion as I felt it never removed my makeup quite as thoroughly as other cleansers I've tried, but the eye-makeup remover is stellar and I've been using their Rich moisturiser for years! xx

    Katy | Little Miss Katy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's suuuch a good brand! And so cheap too :) xx

      Delete
  8. Simple was the first skincare range I went to when I started getting interested in skin. I share lots of skin care tips on my blog, you should come take a look :)

    Yasmeen x
    http://themirroraffects.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

CUSTOM BLOG DESIGN BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS