Tuesday, 27 May 2014

summer hair: floral fun.

One thing I love about the summer is that instead of wearing a woolly hat or rain hood to cover your hair you can start to wear cute head pieces and accessories to compliment your outfit! One of my favourites is the floral crown. They are sooo easy to wear and make awesome hair designs!



This is a simple trick and is perfect if you are in a rush and don't have much time to work on your do! Place the floral crown over the top of your hair so that the flowers are just on the forehead. I then tease a comb into the hair and pull it up slightly to create a bit of volume so the hair is not flat to my head. Next pick up theends of the hair and tuck it into the band to create a loop. This makes a cute up-do and takes just a few minutes to do. You can also pull out some strands like I have done to make it a little messy. It is an effortless look and great for summer! This floral crown is available here.


Another quick trick for summer hair is to just wind a floral headband around a messy bun. It jazzes up a simplistic style and takes a matter of minutes to achieve. Style your hair as normal and pop your floral headband over the top. You may need to pin your headband in place with some hair slides as it may be too big, or furthermore you can buy bun crowns from River Island to top to your hair do! Make sure you can't see the band so that just the flowers are visible. Bright bands are great for this look as they pop out, and they can be worn with any outfit. Love it!



Finally just adding a floral crown to any normal hair style is a must over the summer. Style your hair as normal and then add the headband or crown. I like to separate my hair into a half-up half-down style and then place the band in the middle parting. Then I pull the hair over the top so that the crown just peeps through the hair and the band is not visible at the back. It looks so pretty and can be worn with any outfit. It looks great with any type of hairstyle -straight, curly, wavy - it looks fab. You can even sweep your hair to one side to show off your outfit.





What are your favourite ways to style your hair over the summer?
Lots of love,
Jessie. xoxo

24 comments:

  1. cool idea ,looks lovely!!
    http://zielonoma.blogspot.it/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the photo, as a a vintage lover I am always looking to a new finishing touches to my hair. This looks so pretty.

    http://theglamdottylife.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love all of these looks! I treated myself to a floral crown from Crown and Glory a few weeks ago and I love it; just need the weather to be summery again so that I can wear it!

    Kasia's Beauty Diary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't wait for the weather to get nicer too! I will be wearing these on holiday. xx

      Delete
  4. Love these looks x
    http://whattaylorbuys.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  5. i wasn't a fan of floral headbands 'cause they had sort of a 70s hippie vibe to them BUT i recently saw a few that were more sweet and femenine looking so i might give it a try.
    i think you pull off the look well :)
    Jenn
    A Beautiful Zen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you Jenn :) it was a while before I embraced them. xx

      Delete
  6. I love the daisy chain headband wrapped around the bun. I'd never thought of that as I'm usually a fan of the more subtle look and a lot of the headbands are quite out there, but I'd consider that for this summer :).

    Sarah xo | PolkaDotLemon

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) it's so easy to do as well! xx

      Delete
  7. Gorgeous flower headbands! I'm a huge fan of them as well. Love your blog, followed on GFC!

    xo, Britnee
    themodelcachet.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. You look SO gorgeous in these photo's! Flowers really suit you, but for some reason they really don't suit me :((( xxx

    Gemma ♥ | Miss Makeup Magpie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! :) Aww i'm sure they do! You have to experiment :) xx

      Delete
  9. These floral crown are so beautiful! Great looks!

    jointyicroissanty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Floral crowns are amazing, i love the way you wear yours!

    Pretty please could you nominate me in Cosmopolitan's blog awards 2014? I would really appreciate the support and it only takes a second or two I promise! Please follow this link to vote for me: http://www.next.co.uk/cosmo-blog-awards/

    Thanks so much! Love Emma xx

    www.collagemepretty.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ah goodness! They all suit you so much! xx

    ReplyDelete

CUSTOM BLOG DESIGN BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS