Monday, 19 May 2014

summer haul: splurge or save?

Black Strappy Gladiator Sandals - River Island - £30
Neon Orange Floral Textured Top - New Look - £14.99
Black Converse Trainers - USC - £45
Silver Snakeskin Sandals - Primark - £5 (identical to River Island £18 sandals!!)
Brown Leopard Print Round Sunglasses - River Island - £10
Pink Beaded Bracelet - Primark - £2
Makeup Items - Superdrug - 3 for 2 offer

I recently got contacted by Jessica the Community Manager from www.raise.com who asked me to create a post about how I handle my money when it comes to shopping. Do I tell myself I don't need yet another dress? Do I shop around to find the best deal? Or do I just go crazy and splurge on everything in sight? I think it's safe to say I'm a bit of a splurger!

Take today for instance. I finished my second year of university and got a first for my blog assignment! YAAY! So to celebrate the start of my four month summer the first thing I did was head straight to the shops to spend a little too much money on the new items listed above. Some are things I actually needed such as the concealer and sunglasses, but the rest are little treats, although a lot of them have been on my wishlist for ages.

Even though I do love to splurge, what I do try and do is ensure that I save as much money as I possibly can when I do shop. Such as thinking through what clothes I already have before buying, and ensuring I make the most of discounts and offers, but some times it's so hard to save when there are so many amazing offers out there! And this is where Raise comes in.

If you're a lover of online deals, subscription treats and flash sales then you're not alone. Us bloggers all love to get our hands on the newest beauty products as soon as we can, and we love treating ourselves to subscription beauty boxes and taking advantage of online offers; but have you considered what you're actually getting for your money? Are these supposed deals actually saving our pennies? Take a look at this blog post written by Jessica to find out what you're actually spending your money on and how to stop, or at least cut down on, your spending!

Raise.com is an US website that buys and sells giftcards. It is in the process of becoming interntional and I look forward to when it does so that I can benefit from their offers and save myself some cash!

What do you think of my haul? Are you an impulse buyer?
Lots of love,
Jessie. xoxo
Twitter | Instagram | Bloglovin'

25 comments:

  1. Love the river island sandals! heading over to that website now to check it out :)
    alicekatex ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did exactly the same when we finished uni... I spent an embarrassing amount of money :/
    Congrats on your first!! xxx

    josie-mayx.blospot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think everyone does it :/ Thanks Josie!! How did you get on with your blog? :) xx

      Delete
  3. Ahhh I am soooo jealous of those Converse! I'm on the hunt for my perfect pair right now! xxx

    P.S Congratulations on your first girlie! Go you xxx

    Gemma // Miss Makeup Magpie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I looove Converse. I have white and pink but reeeally wanted some black.. Have a look on USC website :) and thank you Gemma!! I'm so happy woohoo. xx

      Delete
  4. Aww, so many beautiful shoes! I'm so jelly dear~ :)

    ❤ ✿ MY BLOG ✿ ❤
    Rinako

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Rinako! I shouldn't have bought so many - oops. xx

      Delete
  5. Love the gladiator sandals! And congratulations!!

    Alara xx

    http://styleandsocial.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are so lush and identical to a pair in River Island which cost £18! And thank you Alara :) xx

      Delete
  6. I think we have similar shopping styles because I also enjoy splurging but try to get the best deals. I don't know why, but there's something about getting a deal that makes me so happy :)

    By the way, I Favorited the link to Jessica's post and will definitely check it out later today. ^.^

    xoxo
    ßerry ♥ Stylish  

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same here! I always use student discount and take advantages of offers. Oh great, I will let her know! Thank you :) xx

      Delete
  7. You definitely scored with these pieces! Cute! <3

    Sweet Madame Blue

    ReplyDelete
  8. Before I used to have no self-control and just splurged, splurged, splurged. I've since seen the error of my ways and am a lot more savvier when it comes to shopping these days. I love finding bargain outfits, it always makes me feel better when I'm having a cheeky splurge. I'm now following you on GFC, I'd love it if you could follow me there too? Would you like me to follow you anywhere else?
    http://louiseabenamensah.blogspot.co.uk/ xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree I have become a lot better.. But still I always want new clothes! Aww thank you so much xx

      Delete
  9. I'm a lot less of an impulse buyer than I used to be but sometimes I'll still go out and splurge on things without much thought which is terrible! x
    Josie’s Journal

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the RI gladiator sandals. I'm def an impulse buyer too
    Daniella x

    http://daniella-r.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have the River Island shoes in white - so pretty aren't they :)
    Love the look of that top too! I'm definitely more of a splurger since I started blogging! xx

    www.chanellejade.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh i know.. I haven't seen them in white yet but saw them in tan. So comfy! Thanks hun :) xx

      Delete
  12. before i buy something, i actually go through a list in my head to see if i need it! i love the top by the way! its gorgeous!

    http://xoalyy.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I try to but sometimes the urge is just too much haha! Thank you Aly :) xx

      Delete
  13. Oooh everything looks so pretty!!! Spluuuuurge all the way...can't beat some good shopping!! Hahaha :)

    Layla xx

    www.sprinklesofstyle.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

CUSTOM BLOG DESIGN BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS