Wednesday, 21 May 2014

Summer in Wales.

Today I thought I would mix up my posts a little and show you the beautiful country that I live in. Wales is such a stunning place to live with rolling hills, beautiful rivers and farmland and amazing beaches, and one of my favourite things to do is get out in the sunshine and explore the countryside. When I was younger I used to love staying with my grandparents on the weekends and without fail every Sunday we would go for a drive in the car and end up somewhere different.

I have many wonderful, happy memories with my grandparents which I will always treasure and I still enjoy going for days out with them now. I was looking through some of my old photos earlier and just had to share them with you all. They are mostly from Summer 2013 and it has got me really excited for adventures with my family, friends and boyfriend this summer.

Tenby (left) and Saundersfoot (right) are two of my favourite places. They are two neighbouring seaside towns along the Pembrokeshire Coast and are a 30-40 minute drive from the town where I live, and are filled with cute little beach shops, lovely places to eat and lots of ice cream parlours, as well as the gorgeous beaches. Tenby is a lot bigger than Saundersfoot and has a beautiful harbour with lots of little boats, tiny brick alleyways and large town houses overlooking the sea. There's something about these little towns that make you feel completely relaxed.

Another place I absolutely adore is Bosherston and St. Govan's. These are also in Pembrokeshire and are absolutely amazing. Bosherston is a little village with absolutely stunning walks around the lily ponds (there's a cute pic of my Grandad posing in the middle of the ponds haha!) We always used to go here in the summer on a Sunday and then would have a beautiful Sunday lunch in the local pub before heading over to St. Govan's for beautiful cliff top walks overlooking the sea. Often you would see seals bobbing around in the water. There is also a tiny, stone chapel at the bottom of the cliffs which you can walk down to and legend has it that St. Govan himself is buried in the alter.

Pembrokeshire is a beautiful place, but similarly is my county of Carmarthenshire. People often complain about where I live saying it's boring and there's nothing to do...but these people clearly haven't stepped outside their doors and taken advantage of what the county has to offer. Pendine (left) is a beautiful place and is one close to my heart as it brings back wonderful memories of days out with my parents and brother. My dad loves it so much he has even bought a caravan there. It is a cute little village and has lots of rock pools and caves to explore.

On the opposite side of Carmarthen Bay is the beautiful Pembrey (right). This is a massive country park that consists of beautiful woodland, fields and stunning beaches. I have many happy memories of coming here with my family when I was younger, as well as with my friends for picnics in the sunshine. It's also the first place me and Dan decided to go on a date and I drove and had real trouble parking (so embarrassing!). It's an amazing place for sunsets!

Inland you have Llyn Llech Owain (left) which boasts beautiful lake walks and lots of pretty woodland. I used to love coming here with my grandparents and took my mam and dogs here a little while ago for a stroll. The views are simply stunning and overlook the valleys towards Carmarthen town. It is also a Site of Special Scientific Interest so perfect for nature lovers and they always have loads of dragonfiles fluttering around.

The town of Carmarthen itself (right) is also very scenic. It's a riverside, farming town with the River Towy cutting straight through the middle and posing some gorgeous views - perfect for dog walking! I love taking my two dogs down by the river and it's surprising how many people you see out enjoying the walk. It really is so peaceful and it's amazing to see such beauty right on my door step.

Finally it's not only the rural areas that are pretty, but also the cities. I live in Cardiff while at university and it is the most perfect place in the sunshine.

I hope you enjoyed this post seeing a lot of photos from places where I have some of my happiest memories. I think I would quite like to start doing some more lifestyle posts showing the things I have been up to over the summmer. I am going away to Greece and Ibiza this year, but for me nothing will ever beat the luscious green countryside of the place I call home.

Would you like to see more lifestyle posts? What beautiful things places can you find on your doorstep?
To see more pictures like these don't forget to follow me on Instagram. I'm constantly posting scenic pics on there!
Lots of love,
Jessie. xoxo
Twitter | Instagram | Bloglovin'

8 comments:

  1. Such lovely photos! I'm going to Wales for the first time this weekend and I'm so excited! Love your blog too :) Have followed you on BL!

    Jasmin Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :)) I hope you enjoy it! Aw yay thanks, I shall follow you back xx

      Delete
  2. Beautiful pictures! It looks heavenly. :)

    xo,
    Octavia
    http://astoldbytavi.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I never knew Wales could be so beautiful in Summer X

    www.definitelymycupoftea.com

    ReplyDelete

CUSTOM BLOG DESIGN BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS